What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DL recruiting brings the lulz

Not exactly. Nuckols was able to go the D2 route BECAUSE he was NCAA qualified. It was CU's admissions that denied Eddie boy. Your next coach will have to deal with this same retarded b.s.

He was not division 1 qualified. That is why he had to go to Div 2. It was not CU admissions....

NCAA clearance is less for D2. It was an NCAA issue. Nuckols refused to take a few community college classes, deciding CU did him wrong. If he had cleared NCAA, there would have been plenty of D1 opportunities after CU said 'no'.

Yes, but my understanding was that he met D1 admissions requirements which was the source of his bitterness towards CU. If he wasn't qualified to play D1 anywhere, why was he ticked at CU? Are you sure that if a guy meets D1 entry requirements but not the school he signed with that he is then free to resign without penalty with any other D1 school? I thought we rehashed this with Andre Simmons last summer and determined he was screwed if CU was the one keeping him out.

Yes, but my understanding was that he met D1 admissions requirements which was the source of his bitterness towards CU. If he wasn't qualified to play D1 anywhere, why was he ticked at CU? Are you sure that if a guy meets D1 entry requirements but not the school he signed with that he is then free to resign without penalty with any other D1 school? I thought we rehashed this with Andre Simmons last summer and determined he was screwed if CU was the one keeping him out.

He didn't meet the D1 requirements.

But if he had and CU hadn't admitted him, Nuckols would have been released from his LOI and financial aid agreements. He would have been free to immediately sign with any D1 school in the nation.

I'm not sure why he was so ticked at CU.

Edit: On Simmons it may have been a case of how far into the semester it had gone and he was going to be up against admissions anywhere and was cleared only days before he would have been forced to sit out a year.

I think if we are deciding between taking a project with hope of development versus experience and no talent, I would take the project. At least this guy is 6'6" 260. Even if he is slow, etc., hopefully we could spend two years feeding him McDonald's and he could develop into a big body in the middle.

I echo the bigger concern posted here. It is terrible to realize we are relegated to recruiting guys that no one wants. We have fallen very far in Hawkins tenure.

It is funny to watch this Canadian kids recruiting video. It looks like they are playing middle school football.

In the end I am the eternal optimist when it comes to recruits. Who really knows if any of these kids are good? Let's just hope for the best!

I like the Canadian kid. I think he'll be a player, just love his pad level/size. But, agreed, we need to quit taking projects...and this kid was playing against some of the worst highschool competition i've ever seen. I guess all their talent goes to hockey and annoying me.

Me thinks he'll be a player....we shall see.

I like the Canadian kid. I think he'll be a player, just love his pad level/size. But, agreed, we need to quit taking projects...and this kid was playing against some of the worst highschool competition i've ever seen. I guess all their talent goes to hockey and annoying me.

but im not canadian... sup fanatic

Last edited:

:lol:

Back