What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do I even need to say anything...Buffs humiliated by Rams, 72-58

Here we go again, same as in years past ... people talking about how we have plenty of "talent". I don't see it, just don't. When I think of basketball talent, I think either:
  1. can shoot outside consistently, or
  2. can fairly consistently break their man down off the dribble, get to the rim and finish or dish to an open man or,
  3. dominate in rebounding and defending the low post
How many of our guys fit those descriptions? (I'll leave out the freshmen, since sample size is so small.) Wes is clearly a #3, but has chronic issues finishing at the rim. White is kinda #1 and #2, and without him we'd be in serious trouble right now, but I don't look at him and think "man, that guy is really talented ..." Everyone else doesn't fit in any of those buckets. So where is the "talent"?

The player formerly known as GMFK has talent #2 and talent #1 and showed it last year, but suddenly it is gone.
WTT has talent #1 and showed it before he was a Buff and last year, but he takes most games off and we can't let him dribble or pass.
Permashadow definitely has #3 but he often plays like he is in the witness protection program and doesn't want to be seen.
Yeoops!! has #2 and #1 and despite teams focusing on him, he has shown it. Still he is making a ton of mistakes.
The Magician has the talent to make people look silly in the low post (really should be listed as #4 on your list) but as you saw against CSU he was sleep playing in the first half.
Dom - Has #1 but sadly is hurt (plus even if he wasn't he is a liability when it comes to talent #2).
I haven't seen anyone in three years stop Dancing Lead Shoe's offensive moves (Talent #4), he just fouls out so fast most of you don't notice he is a very talented low post player.

I'll give you PBPM as not being great D1 talent and I agree it is too early to know about MeeDee, I hate paint and Quifak...though from the looks of things I hate paint may never be more than a spot shooter.

I just listed six players who have the talent, have shown it in games and are healthy enough to play right now. The problem is only one of them really focuses on D and only one other really seems to give consistent effort.

I've been a season ticket holder for five years now. This was the first time I was embarrassed for the program.

First, the officiating. Both ways - it was terrible. You called 55 fouls? FIFTY-FIVE? Asinine. My post-Thanksgiving toilet had far better flow than last night's game. Those twits need to go back to calling middle school games.

Second - Hey Tad, don't tell us we have to show up, inviting us to your big party, and then have the boys drop a turd in the punchbowl. It dampens my enthusiasm. What was there to cheer for? XJ? Flaccid. Wes? Timid. Fortune? Worthless. King? Sub-regal. I don't care if you get beat by a better team (and this was far from a better team) but I do care about being out-worked. Forget about the positive rebound differential. You got outworked. You were stagnant. I've seen better movement from a mushroom.

Third - until the fan base get's really passionate - like big-time program passionate - (and a few more games like last night and you can kiss that concept goodbye) - please don't ask us to do complex things like stripe the arena. My fellow fans are more likely to show up naked than wear matching colors. Or ask us to wear gold. At least it matches the empty seats. Shameful.

Fourth - Thank our lucky stars we have 3 four-star recruits coming next year. At this point, they'll all start. Unless of course they've changed their minds.

I try and stick to the positive as these are young men, after all. But effort matters. Focus matters. Passion matters - in all aspects of life. We'll all get "out talented" from time to time (well, not some of you).... but humble focused concerted effort is always a winning formula.

I'll be there in my seat next week cheering for our boys against Xavier, but I'm not excited about the prospects.

OK, back on my meds. Thanks for the therapy session.

I was hesitant to post because it sounds like an excuse - and I in no way think the Buffs are not the sole authors of their defeat - but I have to echo the sentiment on the officiating. It was possibly the most poorly officiated game I have ever seen. Absolutely ruined the flow, even when it was still close. I swear I saw one referee (the gray haired one) gesturing to Eustachy to calm down over a call, as if he was telling him he would take care of it. Sure enough, on the very next possession, he calls a ridiculous foul on CU right in front of the CSU bench.

CSU definitely handled the way the game was being called better, and they deserve credit for that. As a fan, I just hate watching the referees just absolutely control the experience of a game.

I was hesitant to post because it sounds like an excuse - and I in no way think the Buffs are not the sole authors of their defeat - but I have to echo the sentiment on the officiating. It was possibly the most poorly officiated game I have ever seen. Absolutely ruined the flow, even when it was still close. I swear I saw one referee (the gray haired one) gesturing to Eustachy to calm down over a call, as if he was telling him he would take care of it. Sure enough, on the very next possession, he calls a ridiculous foul on CU right in front of the CSU bench.

CSU definitely handled the way the game was being called better, and they deserve credit for that. As a fan, I just hate watching the referees just absolutely control the experience of a game.
The refs definitely had make up calls going both ways last night. I can't really complain about the refs though, because they called the game equally bad both ways....and even is all a team can really ask for.

The refs definitely had make up calls going both ways last night. I can't really complain about the refs though, because they called the game equally bad both ways....and even is all a team can really ask for.
I agree they were consistently bad... but they were bad. Through Nov 30th, the highest average fouls per game is 16.9 by UCLA. If both teams did that in a single game, you're at 33 total fouls per game. These idiots called 55. That's not just bad - that is off the charts insane.

King gets going or this is going to be a nightmare. Not hard, although others such as XJ and Wes are part of this too. Wake the **** up or the damage will be done before Pac play.

#isitseptemberyet?
Don't forget Spring ball! Can't wait to see our new recruits speed on the field and to see who will fill the void of this graduating class. I'm already planning a trip at that time where I don't have a conflict every night.

I can complain! That kind of game was a huge help to CSU. It slowed the game down and took the Buffs totally out of rhythm.

I can complain! That kind of game was a huge help to CSU. It slowed the game down and took the Buffs totally out of rhythm.
The team needs to handle the ugly slow game better. Seattle Wofford CSU in different ways slowed it down. Seattle zoned. Wofford used entire click CSU was dis jointed and no flow due to large amounts of fouls being called. Is Portland up tempo? Texas was team shot well. Same versus Sacramento State. ND in second half was high tempo. Sensing a theme/pattern. Xavier and Byu both uptempo. Let's see how it plays out in next three games.

Back