1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do our red-shirt athletes not dress/attend games?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by absinthe, Nov 5, 2012.

1. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I was thinking about this after I saw what could only have been one of our football players dressed in street clothes early on game day. I thought it was rather odd, but based on the numbers on the sidelines our red-****s are not down there on game day.

2. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I have seen Dillon dressed on the sideline but maybe they are treating him different because they want him to experience more of the game feel.

3. josef

josef Club Member Club Member

They used to dress for home games. They wouldnt travel to the team hotel but they would dress. This was a couple of years ago though...

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

You've got to treat those guys like part of the team. They need to be invested. They need to be cheering. Redshirt year is tough enough without the coaches treating you like some random student on gamedays. Kind of sucks for the parents, too, if they travel here to the game only to see their son sitting in the bleachers.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I know Barney was a huge believer in that, took the entire team on the road to NU in 2000 to get them in front of a hostile road environment. Seemed to work pretty well for the team the ensuing couple of years.