1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do the Buffs go as Ski goes against Arizona?

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's a major uphill battle to beat a team like Arizona if one of your primary offensive weapons is off his game. And the key to beating Arizona this year has been to knock down jump shots.

CU has not lost a single game this year when Ski shot 40% or better from the field.

On our last home stand, the convincing wins over Stanford and Cal saw Ski shoot 6/9 and 8/12 from the field.

On the 3-game road trip that followed (L, W, W) against Utah, Oregon and Oregon State, Ski shot 3/14, 3/13, 2/14.

Did the Buffs learn to win when Ski is having an off night on this last road trip?

I think they might have turned that corner.

But can the Buffs win against a Top 10 team if we don't have Ski going?

To win this one, I think we need to have everyone show up. We need the Ski from the last homestand.

When it comes to beating the better teams, I still think that the Buffs go as Ski goes.

2. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

It's tough for Colorado in that they don't really have any alternatives to Ski if he is struggling to shoot the ball. And unfortunately, most of the time I find he isn't able to contribute in other ways when his shot isn't falling.

So, yeah... if he's hitting his shot tomorrow, hard to see CU losing. If not, might be a long game.

3. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

I think its pretty apparent on the entire season the Buffs go as Ski goes, not just against Arizona. The difference in Oregon was it was a total rock fight against the Ducks, no one was scoring in that game, and against the Beavers the Mayor was perfect and Craig Robinson is inept.

4. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

he shoots greater than 40% and we are undefeated. Pretty telling stat

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Can the Buffs grit out an ugly home win with ski off? Yes, but we desperately need him if we want a legitimately good chance

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Chen had a big game in Tucson (even without the buzzer beater). He hasn't contributed offensively like that before or since.

My feeling is that the team has learned to gut out wins with defense.

Expect Xavier to assert himself as well.

7. shang

shang Member

i was thinking just that about big X... since AZ he's been stronger offensively... as for chen, he's had a few double digit scoring games, but his D has been above par, couple of game w/ 4+ rebounds and a couple of game w/ 4 steals... what would really be great is if both Adams and SHT could give both quality minutes and combine for 10-12 point off the bench... we really need everyone on this team to step up for not just this game tomorrow, but also against ASU as they are proving to have an above average season this year...

8. shang

shang Member

another thought.... i really want to see a bunch of wildcats in the second half hunched over w/ their hands on their knees during free throws.... the Buffs have GOT TO RUN, RUN, RUN!!! See Ralphie Run!!! RUN, RUN, RUN!!!! See Wildcats PUKE! PUKE! PUKE! PUKE!!!!!

9. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Ski is the wildcard. If he does go for better than 40% we will win but I also think the team has had enough games where he has been off that they have had to learn when he is off. XJ or Chen can step up and be the difference makers if Ski is off. The team has also been playing lock down D during our wins where Ski has been off.

I hope we have good Ski tomorrow but this team can survive if he is off.