What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do the fuskers need an opponent for 2008?

Scoreboard! Nu is a mediocre program at best now. In fact they haven't been a "powerful" program in almost 10 years, and I seriously doubt they ever will be like how you delusional fuskers think they still are ever again.

Sorry just the facts!:thumbsup:
and compared to CU thats puts you where? sorry, but it borders irrelevance..... which program has the likelihood of a return? which program has a past to return too and be compared with? Sorry, but as you say, just the facts!

IMO I would rather be in our shoes.

and compared to CU thats puts you where? sorry, but it borders irrelevance..... which program has the likelihood of a return? which program has a past to return too and be compared with? Sorry, but as you say, just the facts!

based on WHAT?

based on WHAT?

Available Money.
Current Infrastructure (staff and school on same page about winning).
Facilities.
Recognition of name.
History.
loyalty of fan base.
butts in the seats.

Don't get me wrong, I like what is going on at CU, Opie has them going in the right direction IMO and there are many unanswered questions about this current NU staff no doubt, they have yet to coach a game together much less compete for a season. As you know, the climate we live in has changed dramatically since the days of Husker glory and it will never be the same as it was in the 90's for anyone. but I don't see where CU has a clear advantage in any of the above categories, many are very close if not equal but several of the above NU has the advantage. I just don't see how NU has any farther shot at a return to national prominence (in some cases other schools it cant even be said its a return (CU can)) than CU or any B12N school.... It wont be easy and this is not coming from an ivory tower, NU IMO is just another school in the pack now but they have the tools to compete with any of the B12.

Available Money.
Current Infrastructure (staff and school on same page about winning).
Facilities.
Recognition of name.
History.
loyalty of fan base.
butts in the seats.

Don't get me wrong, I like what is going on at CU, Opie has them going in the right direction IMO and there are many unanswered questions about this current NU staff no doubt, they have yet to coach a game together much less compete for a season. As you know, the climate we live in has changed dramatically since the days of Husker glory and it will never be the same as it was in the 90's for anyone. but I don't see where CU has a clear advantage in any of the above categories, many are very close if not equal but several of the above NU has the advantage. I just don't see how NU has any farther shot at a return to national prominence (in some cases other schools it cant even be said its a return (CU can)) than CU or any B12N school.... It wont be easy and this is not coming from an ivory tower, NU IMO is just another school in the pack now but they have the tools to compete with any of the B12.

i guess we'll see....

Scoreboard! Nu is a mediocre program at best now. In fact they haven't been a "powerful" program in almost 10 years, and I serisouly doubt they ever will be like how you delusional fuskers think they still are ever again.

Sorry just the facts!:thumbsup:

You are correct. I don't think we'll ever see that in Lincoln or anywhere else in CFB ever again. The scholarship limitations severely leveled the playing field and kids are no longer loyal to a program. They will go wherever they can play the soonest. As far as "delusional" and "ten years" goes, we've finished in the top five of the polls in two of those years and the top twenty five in several of the other seasons. We may not be as powerful as before, but we're still doing fine compared to most programs out there.

You are correct. I don't think we'll ever see that in Lincoln or anywhere else in CFB ever again. The scholarship limitations severely leveled the playing field and kids are no longer loyal to a program. They will go wherever they can play the soonest. As far as "delusional" and "ten years" goes, we've finished in the top five of the polls in two of those years and the top twenty five in several of the other seasons. We may not be as powerful as before, but we're still doing fine compared to most programs out there.

It just seems that fusker fans are still pounding their chests pretty hard acting like everyone should bow down to them at the mention of their program. Thats just not the case anymore and teams are just not intimidated to play the fuskers anymore, even at Memorial. Times have changed. My point is NU is just "another" program now instead of one of the big boys.

*cough* Eastern Washington *cough* cough*!!

App. St. would be too much of a tussle for the Buffs, I would think!:lol:

E.W.U. did beat Montana St. last year, pretty easily, watch out Buffs. You could get it handed to ya!

It's the NU's of the world that weaken CU's strength of schedule. Can't wait to see CU pound you guys again this year. Callahan recruited well and Neb. still sucks. Good luck turning that train wreck around, loser.

It's the NU's of the world that weaken CU's strength of schedule. Can't wait to see CU pound you guys again this year. Callahan recruited well and Neb. still sucks. Good luck turning that train wreck around, loser.

Yep your right Callahan recruited well, but was a horrible coach! To be a coach takes alot more than just recruiting 5 star and 4 star talent. A coach is someone who can bring the players skill level up and make them into a better player. A coach doesn't let his players waste away on the bench just because they are freshman and doesn't think they can play. A good coach can coach players beyond their initial potential. If you want an example I use a college basketball coach for Drake here in Des Moines. They don't have near the athletes that many of the other programs across the nation have. They have won 19 games straight and are ranked 15th in the nation now and that's due to coaching. You make what you have better and you do that by good coaching. Callahan was the perfect example of how not to coach a team.

It just seems that fusker fans are still pounding their chests pretty hard acting like everyone should bow down to them at the mention of their program. Thats just not the case anymore and teams are just not intimidated to play the fuskers anymore, even at Memorial. Times have changed. My point is NU is just "another" program now instead of one of the big boys.

We are just another program right now and I think that's why you see some NU fans having a hard time accepting that. We were always the team to beat and playing us was another teams opportunity to take a giant down. When we started looking at teams like USC as the giant that's when the face of NU football changed. You can't fault us for sticking up for our program though because I understand when you guys do it. :wink2: Gotta pull the trump card out Unleash when you say "scoreboard" I say "series record!" :thumbsup:

Really?

:wow:

You have a first year coach with zero head coaching experience. A bunch of assistants who were drummed out of their former jobs. An athletic director who had never served in that capacity before and is what, 75 years old? You have the ugliest campus/university/city in the Big 12. All you have going for you is a little tradition and some nice facilities. Well guess what? There's about 30 other programs in this country that have all that and more.

Really?

You have a first year coach with zero head coaching experience. A bunch of assistants who were drummed out of their former jobs. An athletic director who had never served in that capacity before and is what, 75 years old? You have the ugliest campus/university/city in the Big 12. All you have going for you is a little tradition and some nice facilities. Well guess what? There's about 30 other programs in this country that have all that and more.

Ya just look at Notre Lame. NU can't sniff Notre Lame's tradition jock strap, Notre Lame brings in amazing recruiting classes, yet when is the last time the Irish even won a bowl game?:huh:

NU had to get rid of the midget. Bo may turn out to be all that, but he has no real track record as HC. He's a good DC, no doubt, but I'd be a pretty damn good DC if I could get the gig at NU, OU, LSU.

Really?

Uh, yeah I'm gonna go with very debateable. Outside of Lawrence, Boulder, and Austin I'm pretty sure that our city/campus is just as nice as the rest of the big XII.

Uh, yeah I'm gonna go with very debateable. Outside of Lawrence, Boulder, and Austin I'm pretty sure that our city/campus is just as nice as the rest of the big XII.

you clearly have not visited many of the other campuses. if you did, you would know that your getup is nowhere near the others in the "pretty" department.

OU's campus is ugly and I hear Baylor's is as well.

whoever told you that is an idot. both campus areas are pretty.

you clearly have not visited many of the other campuses. if you did, you would know that your getup is nowhere near the others in the "pretty" department.

whoever told you that is an idot. both campus areas are pretty.

You're saying OU's campus is pretty?:lol:

It's a prison!

you are saying this because you have walked the south oval?

call me crazy, but i did not see bleak buildings, a lack of landscaping, fences, or guards.

ok I'll be fair. I haven't been there since '89 when I went with my family when dad was pres of buff club. But I still have pics and that place was a dump. Maybe they've changed their ugly buildings

ok I'll be fair. I haven't been there since '89 when I went with my family when dad was pres of buff club. But I still have pics and that place was a dump

i have no idea what it looked like in 1989. today, i think only the power building looks utilitarian.

the rest of it is downright pretty, and if there were the flatirons, could rival what we have going on in boulder.

i have no idea what it looked like in 1989. today, i think only the power building looks utilitarian.

the rest of it is downright pretty, and if there were the flatirons, could rival what we have going on in boulder.

i haven't been to the ou campus in 15 or more years, but i don't recall it being ugly at all. baylor has a pretty campus too.

you want UGLY, among campuses in the b12, i would say the fuskers are among the worst. that stadium looks like it was designed by a stalin-era eastern bloc factory worker. i have also heard that t-tech's campus isn't that great but i don't speak from experience on that one.

osu used to be nothing to look at either, but with t-boone, i suspect it is improving a lot.

kjuco state ain't much either.

in terms of pretty campuses, CU is obviously #1 and not just because of the flatirons. the red tile and stone throughout lend an architectural consistency that you don't find other places. and, in terms of stadiums, ours' ain't the biggest, but it is very well-designed and nice to look at.

i would put austin second and lawrence third. i would put stinkoln as the 12th out of 12, reserving a potential swap for 11th with t-tech as i have not visited there.

i had fun at texas a&m too, back in the day, but i don't recall the campus being much to look at. mizzery isn't very nice either.

i haven't been to the ou campus in 15 or more years, but i don't recall it being ugly at all. baylor has a pretty campus too.

you want UGLY, among campuses in the b12, i would say the fuskers are among the worst. that stadium looks like it was designed by a stalin-era eastern bloc factory worker. i have also heard that t-tech's campus isn't that great but i don't speak from experience on that one.

osu used to be nothing to look at either, but with t-boone, i suspect it is improving a lot.

kjuco state ain't much either.

in terms of pretty campuses, CU is obviously #1 and not just because of the flatirons. the red tile and stone throughout lend an architectural consistency that you don't find other places. and, in terms of stadiums, ours' ain't the biggest, but it is very well-designed and nice to look at.

i would put austin second and lawrence third. i would put stinkoln as the 12th out of 12, reserving a potential swap for 11th with t-tech as i have not visited there.

i had fun at texas a&m too, back in the day, but i don't recall the campus being much to look at. mizzery isn't very nice either.

haven't been to lawrence or columbia yet.

stillwater - i saw a LOT of pretty: beautiful old buildings, and green areas with lazy walkways. maybye it was the route we took happened to put us throught he best of campus. the cowpokes are freeking friendly too.

tech - our route took us through their athletic area. they have extensive, new, everything for athletics. they have a lot of it too. it was on the impressive side. i wish we caught the shuttle back to where we parked, because the ankle express was lengthy.

baylor - very pretty campus area. the stadium is not huge, but WELL APPOINTED. i think every ladies room in stadiums across america needs to be modeled after theirs. their kiddie pool full of ice for their bear cub is a really cute touch, and their fans are nice to sit with. the only negative is their spirit foghorn. that can put your hearing out.

haven't been to lawrence or columbia yet.

stillwater - i saw a LOT of pretty: beautiful old buildings, and green areas with lazy walkways. maybye it was the route we took happened to put us throught he best of campus. the cowpokes are freeking friendly too.

tech - our route took us through their athletic area. they have extensive, new, everything for athletics. they have a lot of it too. it was on the impressive side. i wish we caught the shuttle back to where we parked, because the ankle express was lengthy.

baylor - very pretty campus area. the stadium is not huge, but WELL APPOINTED. i think every ladies room in stadiums across america needs to be modeled after theirs. their kiddie pool full of ice for their bear cub is a really cute touch, and their fans are nice to sit with. the only negative is their spirit foghorn. that can put your hearing out.

i visited baylor waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long ago b/c they basically randomly offered me a scholarship out of high school. ... not for sports, obviously... :lol: it was a pretty campus, for sure. i thought i could see myself there, even with the oppressive heat--- lots of pretty girls too. then, i found out it was seriously baptist and as a result fairly strict and i fled right back up the freeway to colorado and sent in my acceptance to boulder. thank goodness.:cool:

interesting what you say about both tech and stillwater--- stillwater seemed pretty below average to me... maybe i will get to a game at tech someday but lubbock is pretty far away from here and hard to get to...

i visited baylor waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay long ago b/c they basically randomly offered me a scholarship out of high school. ... not for sports, obviously... :lol: it was a pretty campus, for sure. i thought i could see myself there, even with the oppressive heat--- lots of pretty girls too. then, i found out it was seriously baptist and as a result fairly strict and i fled right back up the freeway to colorado and sent in my acceptance to boulder. thank goodness.

interesting what you say about both tech and stillwater--- stillwater seemed pretty below average to me... maybe i will get to a game at tech someday but lubbock is pretty far away from here and hard to get to...

lubbock is pretty far away from everywhere. but it is a fun time. fans are freeking stark raving mad. i like em. campus around the athletic area and the medical center seemed congruent. this picture seems pretty in line with what i saw. they have a lot of green on the athletic end.

TTU-Campus-1280x1024true.jpg

i think the thing with stillwater is that it is out in the middle of nowhere, and they get a bum rap for it. there is a lot of ag surrounding it. when i think of how pretty a campus is, i mean to measure exactly that, standing in the middle of campus. unkempt? don't like it. utilitarian? don't like it? no green? don't like it. no flow or plan involved? don't like it. for good measure, i deduct points if the residents embrace the color red.

what i am trying to say is that the crap surrounding osu, in my opinion, should not be held against it. we parked off campus and had a good 25 minute brisk walk. i liked what i saw. but i would guess i saw quite a lot of it if not the majority of it. this is pretty much like what i saw:

OK0410027a011.jpg

morrill.gif

they had flowers like this:
indexpic.jpg

it does not SUCK. it actually is easy on the eyes. and the fans wanna get you inebriated.

My campus is prettier than your campus argument? What a bunch of girls! Nice shot of the flowers there ladies. Whats the deal did a whole bunch of you get gelded after the bowl games? Some of you need to go peal off those panties and go commando for a while or something.

Back