What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do we upset a big dog this year?

Do we upset a big dog?

• Total voters
uh no.

AT this point I hope we can at least beat CSU and UCLA. I guess its possible if there's a 12 inch snowstorm we could knock off USC but I doubt it.

don't see us winning against any of those other teams.

Please remember that Oregon and Stanford are replacing a LOT on the Oline, with stanford replacing even more all over the place. Should be interesting to see how they do.

uh no.

AT this point I hope we can at least beat CSU and UCLA. I guess its possible if there's a 12 inch snowstorm we could knock off USC but I doubt it.

Do you even watch Colorado football?

2010 Georgia
2008 West Virginia
2007 Oklahoma

Under the worst coach in CU football history Colorado won big games against opponents that were every bit as talented as USC is coming off last year's 8-5 season. 2 of those games were Blackout games. Colorado has an above average number of returning starters. Will USC or many of those teams be favored? Yes. Should they be? Probably. Can Colorado beat them? **** yes!

For some reason I have a really good feeling about the Ohio State game this season. They are a team that seems to struggle with non-conference games at home and they will still be missing some key players when we roll into Columbus. Finally, we are the game in between a trip down to Miami and their conference opener against MSU. I think that they might sleep on us and that we could spring an upset.

The U$C game seems like a prime target for another blackout victory and I also see us beating U of A.

Last edited:
uh no.

Even when we were severely handicapped with DII Danny, we still seemed to knock off a decent team every year and still played pretty decent at home. Our offense should be a lot better than last year. I like our chances against a mediocre USC, who has struggled lately against lesser talented teams on the road.

Ohio State is also a mess, I am a little hesitant only for the fact it's a road game, but I could see us playing with them and possibly winning.

I think a lot of the sentiment of beating U$C also comes from the horrid taste in our mouths that still remains from the 2002 season. We reallyyyyyy need to get some vindication . . .

I think a lot of the sentiment of beating U$C also comes from the horrid taste in our mouths that still remains from the 2002 season. We reallyyyyyy need to get some vindication . . .

We also just need to beat them. So far we're 0-5 against them, can't let this series get lopsided like the Nebraska and Oklahoma series.

Speaking of blackout games, what is our record? These are all I remember
07 Florida St. L
08 West Virginia W
09 ???
10 Georgia W

I think that's it. While I keep thinking that we made Kansas a blackout game in '09, I'm pretty sure that isn't right. If it wasn't Kansas, then we didn't have a blackout game in '09.

i said yes. and also that i remember when CU was a big dog. and that is why i voted yes.

i see one great oppertunity. CU is 1-2 going into OSU. they have the big 10 opener next week vs MSU. osu tends to sleep walk through a lot of the non-conference games. especially if it is an early kick off. they are dreadful. now, CU will be in game 4 of the system. playing in a big venue. they tend to play well in big venues. yes, i know. exceptions. but overall, this would be a big "proving point" (i just made that up! you like it?) for the players on the team to show JE that they are players and will make thier mark on CU football. the loss of the brick at hawaii will be gained with the win at osu.

if CU wins the hawaii game, then my plan is blown out of the water and cu gets thumped at osu. the best hope for an upset would then be at utah. it will not have the splash of osu but it may make some waves for the champ game. CU is just not going to be intimidaded going into Utah. sorry.

Upset a big dog? Have you guys not been watching this team? I hope that Embo can resucitate our road mojo, but clearly, our best chance to beat a big dog is at home. That would be USC or Oregon. I'll go with USC (blackout baby!).

USC would be our best shot at a big upset. They still have Kiffen as their head coach. The game is at night. It'll be chilly. The fans will be pumped - and probably completely wasted by kickoff. It'll be a very tough atmosphere for USC to play in. They'll be favored, and will probably win, but if I had to pick a game where CU had the best chance at an upset, it would be USC.

Why not

If we did it under Hawkins, don't see why not under Embree, one of the big dogs will fall, most likely in Boulder. I hope it's the Ducks, but the Trojans will do. How about both;-)Go Buffs!

Do you even watch Colorado football?

2010 Georgia
2008 West Virginia
2007 Oklahoma

Under the worst coach in CU football history Colorado won big games against opponents that were every bit as talented as USC is coming off last year's 8-5 season. 2 of those games were Blackout games. Colorado has an above average number of returning starters. Will USC or many of those teams be favored? Yes. Should they be? Probably. Can Colorado beat them? **** yes!

OU was the only impressive victory. WVU win was because their coach was dumber than Hawk and Georgia was what 1-4 after the CU game?

OU was the only impressive victory. WVU win was because their coach was dumber than Hawk and Georgia was what 1-4 after the CU game?

I think Kiffin very well qualifies. Doesn't change the fact that both teams had amazing talent. WVU had Pat White and Noel Devine. Georgia had Green and major SEC talent and still made a bowl through their SEC schedule. USC isn't any better than those two nowadays.

WVU is still doing ok with Stewart. As for USC, have you watched them lately on the road? And have you watched the buffs lately at home in big games? Much different than when we are on the road.

SC is very beatable.

The Buffs usually seem to knock off somebody in the top 20 every year. I think they have a decent shot at knocking off 2 top 20 teams this year! And yeah, I remember when the Buffs were Big Dogs in the neighborhood. JE will hopefully return them to that status in a few short years.

and WVU missed a chippie FG. i don't remember if KU was a blackout game, but they were ranked at the time. they later tanked the season but Reesing and Briscoe were ballers. that was a good one for us....even though, since nothing was easy with Hawk, we tried to give it away.

Probably not.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that a first year HC or OC might make a critical mistake in crunch time when we have a chance to pull out an upset.

Probably not.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that a first year HC or OC might make a critical mistake in crunch time when we have a chance to pull out an upset.

i think we'll have enough on O to put some quick points on someone at home. whether we can hold on to a lead is a diff story. However, i'd take the straight up home W's against Cal, Wazzou, and U of A rather than one "big upset". while Cal and U of A are likely underdog situ for the Buffs (even at home), those 3 are must wins if bowl eligible is going to be in the balance. can't wet the bed in Folsom like we did against Tech and BU last year. Too bad Cabral didn't coach those games.

Back