What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do you agree with CU's decision to bring back Talkins.

Do you agree with CU's decision to bring back Talkins.

• Total voters
Wow, I guess all this stuff isnt over by a long shot. Wonder how much performance will mean tomorrow?
I dont' think anyone really knows for sure. I certainly don't. I thought he was done.

Let's look at the schedule.

@ CSU
@ CAL
Hawaii
Georgia
@ Mizzou
Baylor
TTU
@ OU
@ KU
ISU
KSU
@ ****braska

He could be done by the conference opener. I think we'll beat CSU, but I really don't see us beating Cal or Georgia. We'll probably have our hands full with Hawaii. I don't see how changing some assistants will change things that quickly.

So are you saying that tomorrow is Hawk's last game afterall? Or after the 2010 season?

My guess from what I was told is that Benson and DiStephano are giving Hawk a few games next year to see what happens. if he keeps up his .333 win percentage, then my guess is they will go with replacing the coach, but in the way of replacing Bohn first, then letting the new AD hire the new coach. Sounds like they have decided money being tight, that Hawk has convinced them that he can get in done next year. If so, then they save $$ by having a better team and keeping continuity. If not, then they don't trust Bohn to hire the right guy after all his 'home run' comments. Sucks for the fans, but that is what I took from the conversation. The person was a bit curt as he was pissed himself about what was going on.

I dont' think anyone really knows for sure. I certainly don't. I thought he was done.

Let's look at the schedule.

@ CSU
@ CAL
Hawaii
Georgia
@ Mizzou
Baylor
TTU
@ OU
@ KU
ISU
KSU
@ ****braska

He could be done by the conference opener.
Yeah that looks like our schedules of old. I guess the 64,000 dollar question is, why the hell would Bohn's job be on the line? Because he was gonna can Hawk? That's messed up if so, Bohn isnt coaching.

Yeah that looks like our schedules of old. I guess the 64,000 dollar question is, why the hell would Bohn's job be on the line? Because he was gonna can Hawk? That's messed up if so, Bohn isnt coaching.
I like MB. I think he's done many good things for the program, but he was hired to clean up the mess and restore our FB team. If Hawkins cannot deliver, Bohn will be out the door as well. That's the way it goes now. Alfred Williams was screaming about this a couple of weeks back. How can you trust an AD to make a good hire, when his first hire failed miserably?

I like MB. I think he's done many good things for the program, but he was hired to clean up the mess and restore our FB team. If Hawkins cannot deliver, Bohn will be out the door as well. That's the way it goes now. Alfred Williams was screaming about this a couple of weeks back. How can you trust an AD to make a good hire, when his first hire failed miserably?
He had some spotty hires at his other stops too right? Thought I heard that? Who are some good AD's out there that arent employed?

:nod: I think it's a fair deal. You only get one chance. MB knew this before he was hired.
I agree and college football has changed in that way. There is no patience anymore, you got to get it done quicker than years ago.

Zero patience. Not sure if I agree with it, but Hawkins has put himself in this position.
Yeah he did and he has to know he is at cliffs edge now. No more bull**** excuses, he better start winning some games or adios. Mac was fortunate to coach when he did, I dont know if he wouldve survived CU these days, with how his coaching career started.

I think it's rediculous how impatient some fans are..............:smile2:

<sarcasm>Yeah, let's give Talkins another 4 years and see what he can do. Maybe one day he can get us to .500. That'll show the Big 12!</sarcasm>

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
CU is more patient than most places, cause at most schools, they would have already shown his ass the door. Lucky for him huh?

I would have supported the decision to fire Hawk but I can also understand the reasoning to give him another year as I think making a change would have been a tossup as there would be no guarantee a new coach would do any better. With that said, if next year Hawk doesn't produce at least a winning record he needs to go.

I agree with LincolnBuff. I would have understood firing Hawk, but all things being equal, I prefer to roll the dice one more season. For some weird reason, I like the guy.... Not a popular sentiment around here.

Exactly. The Best NU CU games are when both teams have a lot on the line. During Mac's time and during Neu's and couple with Barnett they were a blast to watch. Now.... :cry:

The conference needs to do something to help make the North more relevant again.

like what?

plant a hooker in hawks hotel room?

It might not be a bad idea to take a look at what successful players are returning next year on O and D, as well as special teams.

Those are the guys who got the most out of the coach's influence and who will deliver next year as experienced players under him.

Gee, I wonder what new comments we all can expect to hear come out of Hawkins mouth next year?

10 wins no excuses!, we'll see, I never said, were about to pop! were this close, blah, blah, blah!!!

And how is he going to address the alumni, fan base, and press next year? If he has the same contempt he has had the last two years, then I won't be able to handle that kind of attitude from a head coach. He has to make some changes alright! Starting with himself!

I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall when Bohn and Hawkins had their meeting. I'd imagine Bohn informed Dan that he is on a very short leash. I'd also imagine that Dan was very contrite. I still believe that Hawkins had to make some sort of deal that saved his butt and the AD must believe the "deal" will benefit the program more than firing Hawkins would benefit it.
hawk has all of the leverage. He's got a contract. Why would he deal? We're talking real money here.

It's going to be so sweet after today to be able to tell Bugeater fans that they're only a .500 team against Dan Hawkins. :lol:

Back