What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do you care whether CSU gets an on-campus stadium built?

Do you care?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • No.

Votes: 64 74.4%

• Total voters
I own my own business. Why would I be more interested in advertising at the new stadium than I was at Hughes?
Have you seen the concept drawings?

pretty simple. If you truly believe that then your business is probably not too successful....

For all the reasons allready stated in this and other threads I think a new stadium for CSU would fail massively and result in the school picking up the bill.

I think that would be bad for CSU, it would also be bad for CU. While we know that the CU athletic department is independent from public funding and the football program in fact pays the bills for the other sports and the opportunities those sports present, the general public does not know that, nor do they care.

The failure of the stadium at CSU to pay for itself and the resulting millions coming from non-athletic sources would do nothing but further embolden those who oppose athletics at CU, despite the situations being completely unrelated. We have to deal with enough garbage now without having little brother throw another heap on top.

I could even see a call from some out there to have CU athletics "assist" CSU in paying for their error. Before you think it couldn't happen think about why we have the contract with them that we do for the Rocky Mountain Beatdown series now.
LMFAO. Is this a joke?

Oh, there's plenty of reasons to believe it won't. Like 100 years of CSU football for instance. The CSU athletic department is a poster child for how NOT to run a successful program. There are a lot more reasons to believe it won't work than there are reasons to believe it will.
And that is why we are changing everything and building the stadium.

Meanwhile every other D-I school that has built a new stadium has seen massive success

And that is why we are changing everything and building the stadium.

Meanwhile every other D-I school that has built a new stadium has seen massive success
except for the ones you've quoted in trying to distinguish CSU from North Texas or whatever. You continue to be retarded.

Except they're raking in the dough in their new stadium. You continue to be retarded.
Please show me which new stadiums are raking in the dough. You don't even realize you've contradicted yourself. THis is awesome.

For all the reasons allready stated in this and other threads I think a new stadium for CSU would fail massively and result in the school picking up the bill.

I think that would be bad for CSU, it would also be bad for CU. While we know that the CU athletic department is independent from public funding and the football program in fact pays the bills for the other sports and the opportunities those sports present, the general public does not know that, nor do they care.

The failure of the stadium at CSU to pay for itself and the resulting millions coming from non-athletic sources would do nothing but further embolden those who oppose athletics at CU, despite the situations being completely unrelated. We have to deal with enough garbage now without having little brother throw another heap on top.

I could even see a call from some out there to have CU athletics "assist" CSU in paying for their error. Before you think it couldn't happen think about why we have the contract with them that we do for the Rocky Mountain Beatdown series now.

That's also a concern I have.

I'm also trying to figure out why the new stadium is being built larger than the existing stadium? If the idea is to have a nicer stadium on campus for the fans and students -- one that is able to be maintained more efficiently -- then why not build a 30k seat stadium that included plans for future expansion if it sells out? Or, if it doesn't sell out or if the college football landscape changes (as it might) so that we have 64-70 teams in 4-5 conferences representing the new D1, then CSU has the right-sized facility for the new dynamic.

This feels like a monument to ego and it doesn't seem to make sense.

And, OMFG, this is not some anti-CSU thing. If you'd been on this board for longer you would know that many of us have questioned whether expanding Folsom to 60k makes sense at this time. Most would rather wait until we're regularly selling out the stadium or at least have our season ticket base climb over the 30k mark from its current 25k.

These CU conspiracy theories are fking hilarious.

I will write all of you a $50 check if CSU comes to CU to ask for funding for our stadium. Hilarious stuff guys. Keep it coming

Have you seen the concept drawings?

pretty simple. If you truly believe that then your business is probably not too successful....

:lol:

I advertise based on the number of eyeballs from my target market that will see my message and positively associate my brand with the experience they are having. Just having a shiny new building does not get me there, OMFG.

:lol:

I advertise based on the number of eyeballs from my target market will see my message and positively associate my brand with the experience they are having. Just having a shiny new building does not get me there, OMFG.
Don't buy the naming rights then. Someone else will though

So you don't actually know do you? Have you seen the #s?
Every single one of them? Minnesota's naming rights came out to $35mil. Thats a nice payout for them in their new stadium.

And yes I actually did see the #s from the Stadium meeting of all the new stadiums
Are you really this retarded?

i love this kid calling out a board full of lawyers, entrepreneurs, doctor, oil men.
Well when I have to repeat what I say multiple times, its pretty sad.

I mean we have Darth Snow here trying to argue that schools aren't making more money in their new stadiums when thats an obvious fact

I mean we have Darth Snow here trying to argue that schools aren't making more money in their new stadiums when thats an obvious fact
read that last sentence again

I was going to vote yes since I thought it will be cool if you guys had a stadium on campus so it would be easier for kids to get to the games. As long as 100% of the money came from donations and not a loan based on projected future revenue
. But since their AD is stupid enough to have someone like gasm there I am going with no and I hope the entire AD shuts down to keep the idiocy from spreading like a virus

I was going to vote yes since I thought it will be cool if you guys had a stadium on campus so it would be easier for kids to get to the games. As long as 100% of the money came from donations and not a loan based on projected future revenue
. But since their AD is stupid enough to have someone like gasm there I am going with no and I hope the entire AD shuts down to keep the idiocy from spreading like a virus
I don't work in the CSU AD

if its an obvious fact, should be pretty easy to prove. I'm not arguing one way or another, I'm just asking you to show some evidence, which you have so far failed to do.

if its an obvious fact, should be pretty easy to prove. I'm not arguing one way or another, I'm just asking you to show some evidence, which you have so far failed to do.
I need to show evidence on naming rights?

Have you heard of Google before?

I need to show evidence on naming rights?

Have you heard of Google before?
1. You have zero credibility.
2. you made a statement that seems to me to be a bit questionable.
3. You have failed to substantiate that statement.
4. Therefore, I don't believe you.

It would be interesting to see what your comparator's actual #s are. But I bet ICON doesn't want to get into that all that much detail because I bet that's when you could really pick apart their "projections"

1. You have zero credibility.
2. you made a statement that seems to me to be a bit questionable.
3. You have failed to substantiate that statement.
4. Therefore, I don't believe you.

It would be interesting to see what your comparator's actual #s are. But I bet ICON doesn't want to get into that all that much detail because I bet that's when you could really pick apart their "projections"
I just posted that Minnesota got $35mil in naming rights. North Texas got $20mil.

If you don't believe that, then thats what Google is for. It's really not that hard to comprehend

I just posted that Minnesota got $35mil in naming rights. North Texas got $20mil.

If you don't believe that, then thats what Google is for. It's really not that hard to comprehend
links? details on those deals? See above post about why you need to substantiate your statements. They are your statements. substantiate them. How hard is it?

20 mil for how long? How much per year?

I also like how people say they don't care yet there are hundreds of posts on CSU's stadium on this board.

So obviously you care or you wouldn't post about it.

That's because you keep coming back here and throwing out statements as FACT that are really only positive opinions that have been paid for by your athletic department. If you could just post ONE LINK that is fact (like the "fact" you threw out that all new stadium are RAKING in the cash - that should be easy to find) then you might be coming from a slight position of knowing what the hell you are talking about - but alas you haven't done that. Meanwhile, there have been several links from reputable sources (OK, it is the internet so that might not stand too long) provided by the board showing you are off your rocker, yet you deny and go back to the opinion paid for by the CSU AD.

That said...

Nope, don't care. Build it, don't build it I don't give a ****.

^^THIS.
I don't live there any more and don't have a dog in the tax fight. Would be cool for CSU to have the on campus stadium but other than that, I don't care. It's not like I'm going to specifically come there for a game. Meh - still don't care.
Showing we care one way or the other provides gasm continued justification for posting drivel.

Back