What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do you care whether CSU gets an on-campus stadium built?

Do you care?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • No.

Votes: 64 74.4%

• Total voters
If it means lamb posters like orgasam will go away, then I'm all for the stadium.

Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

Man I hope we can be competitive soon again because winning on the road is a great experience. Not including Invesco, I'm 1-4 on road trips. Seeing different venues is exciting but winning makes it 100X better.

It would be nice to win of Fort Fun again.

where is gasm? this thread sucks now. need him around to keep it worth reading.

****er has not posted once since my post. he'll never see it.

i feel left out already.

It would be nice to win of Fort Fun again.

I bet CU fans could take over half the stadium. Kind of like the way the corn did at some stadiums.

It would be ****ing allsome at the end of the game to have 15,000+ Buffs singing the fight song along with team after we kicked thier ass.

I bet CU fans could take over3/4 of the stadium. Kind of like the way the corn did at some stadiums.

It would be ****ing allsome at the end of the game to have 15,000+ Buffs singing the fight song along with team after we kicked thier ass.

If they build a 40k plus stadium it turns into a CU home game. They only get 15k at Invesco. Last year they were averaging under 22k per home game sold but a lot less than that showed up. Lots of tickets would be available for general sale, plenty of their "fans" would be willing to sell their tickets. By the time the game is played you get 30k CU fans at the game and the CSU fans brag about how their average attendence went up and they are on the right track.

if csu got their stadium I think we can kill the RMS as we know it.... maybe Denver gets a game once every 5 years and I'd be fine with that-
if csu doesn't get their stadium a bunch of their asshole fans will be in deep depression for a very long time and I'd be fine with that-

so I guess I'm OK either way

These CU conspiracy theories are fking hilarious.

I will write all of you a $50 check if CSU comes to CU to ask for funding for our stadium. Hilarious stuff guys. Keep it coming

Conspiracy theories?

Just a few years ago, our (CU Community) University's leadership decided it was prudent to keep a lame-duck coach around for another season. Why? Because of in-process state legislation that would ultimately provide CU enhanced autonomy in the years to come.

So why retain the coach? Well, it was a matter of perception. You see, even though CU's (unlike CSU's apparently) Athletic Department is self-supporting without any University and taxpayer revenue, our leadership was afraid that a 3 million dollar payout would jeopardize that legislation. Even though it did not incorporate any taxpayers dollars. Simple perception could have doomed that legislation.

Similarly, if you read remarks about our Football program in the DP, you'll inevitably encounter the uninformed reader who responds with, "why do taxpayers support this program when the money could go to academics?".

CU's AD is fighting that misperception.

However, if CSU gets their "deserved" stadium, and it isn't as successful as anticipated (yes, OMFG that's a strong possibility, in spite of your ICON prophecies and your unwavering optimism), there will be some sort of public bailout. CU will be unable to distance our University from the public notion that the taxpayers are funding our athletics.

So it's not a conspiracy, but rather a well-founded concern.

I anxiously await your effort to join this conversation in an adult tone. This "derp" and "retarded" nonsense has done nothing to convince anybody of anything, except that you are a petulant child unable to support your assertions.

By the way, I'm rooting for the stadium, simply so I can stomp on your mid-field following a CU victory. We owe you for that 2009 bull****.

Man I hope we can be competitive soon again because winning on the road is a great experience. Not including Invesco, I'm 1-4 on road trips. Seeing different venues is exciting but winning makes it 100X better.

Me:
@UCLA
@Dallas (big 12 championship)
@Fiesta bowl
@Florida State
@Kansas City (big 12 championship)
@Washington

Looks like I am 2-4 on the road

Me:
@UCLA
@Dallas (big 12 championship)
@Fiesta bowl
@Florida State
@Kansas City (big 12 championship)
@Washington

Looks like I am 2-4 on the road

Good stuff.

@1995 Cotton Bowl
@2002 Nebraska
@2004 Nebraska
@2007 Arizona State

3-1 on the road.

Voted yes. I would rather see CSU be at least somewhat relevant and a new stadium is a step in the right direction. However, if the taxpayers end up paying for part of the stadium I will be upset.

I am for ending the series with CSU with or without a new stadium. We should rotate between Air Force, Wyoming and CSU.

I really don't give a rats ass about CSU, so whether they do or do not get an on campus stadium doesn't matter to me.

I said yes cuz I get sick of the game not being in Boulder every other year.

Also, unlike a lot of people here, I like CSU and hope they do well. If they went 11-1 every year, that'd be great, as long we are the team that beats them silly each year.

Go Buffs!

Yes, pro-sports initiatives as much as possible. I don't want this to smack me in the wallet, but the kid who's parents take him to watch a game at the new stadium in Ft. Fun may someday grow up to be an in-state recruiting win for the Buffs. I want college athletics to be on the radar for kids whose parent's aren't necessarily fans of any Colorado school, because if they are top talents and stay in state they are going to come to CU. (At least by the time any stadium is done our recruiting should be back up!)

Yes, pro-sports initiatives as much as possible. I don't want this to smack me in the wallet, but the kid who's parents take him to watch a game at the new stadium in Ft. Fun may someday grow up to be an in-state recruiting win for the Buffs. I want college athletics to be on the radar for kids whose parent's aren't necessarily fans of any Colorado school, because if they are top talents and stay in state they are going to come to CU. (At least by the time any stadium is done our recruiting should be back up!)

Help me with this one because you lost me...CU might win some in-state recruiting battles because a recruit saw a game in a better stadium in Fort Collins when he was a kid???

No, I don't care if they build it.

The goats & their fans must know that IF they build it,
We will come for the first game, the RMS, and we will run Ralphie through their little prize and then the Buffs will crush the goats, they will see the goats driven before them and hear the lamentation of the goat women. That will be good....
When we beat them, we will dance on the goat logo at midfield and then piss on their little goat mascot.

No, I don't care if they build it.

The goats & their fans must know that IF they build it,
We will come for the first game, the RMS, and we will run Ralphie through their little prize and then the Buffs will crush the goats, they will see the goats driven before them and hear the lamentation of the goat women. That will be good....
When we beat them, we will dance on the goat logo at midfield and then piss on their little goat mascot.

Next to Sock, this guy is my new favorite. Rep when im off tappatalk.

Thanks for the rep, my disdain for the goats kinda bubbled over.

Showing hatred is an underhanded form of flattery. Cordially wish them the best and move on. They are a speck of dust in the college football landscape. We need to worry about competing with USC (pay for players) and Oregon (pay for players).

Run Ralphie.

Showing hatred is an underhanded form of flattery. Cordially wish them the best and move on. They are a speck of dust in the college football landscape. We need to worry about competing with USC (pay for players) and Oregon (pay for players).

Run Ralphie.

So Osama bin Laden is flattering?

Back