What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do you feel better if we beat Sac State and Fresno?

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
A lot of folks penciled in that Fresno game as a loss... Will you feel better about the season if we swap out the CSU W for a Fresno W and enter conference play at 2 - 1?

This is all predicated on the notion we beat Sac State, btw..... which certainly isn't a given

I need to see the offense score at least 35 against sac state to feel any better. If we can't put pointsup on them after a game under our belts we won't on any other teams. I'm not in melt down mode after the csu game because we always open poorly.

We would really have to destroy them in order for me to feel better.

Im still in shock over our performance on Saturday. Im sure it will sink in sometime tomorrow. :lol:

No. That was a 3-9 mwc team that had lost some of it's best defenders. A team CU beat last year by two TD's and csu is breaking in new systems. No excuse for what happened other than a fail by the staff. I don't care if they beat Sac. St. Playing a DII or DIAA, whatever they are, really ought to be not only a gimme, but a multi TD win for a BCS conference team. CU really needed a 3-0 start for this season to be worthwhile, the pooch was screwed right out of the gate.

Depends entirely on the manner in which we beat them theoretically. A pair of 29-23 type wins? No way. Some 55-10 type of victories? Probably.

Yes.

You didn't even need to add Fresno State to the list, dio. I need a win. I'll feel a lot better Saturday if we get the win.

Sure I'll feel better but no excuse for losing to csu. Now, I'll feel better until conference play opens when I'm sitting in pullman watching the cougs and leach light us up......

Depends entirely on the manner in which we beat them theoretically. A pair of 29-23 type wins? No way. Some 55-10 type of victories? Probably.

I'm with Soldier.

If the coaches continue to make more poor play calling decisions, then even a victory will leave me feeling uneasy.

I need to see this team win with courage and wits, and do so in a manner that would lead a rational neutral observer to believe that the Buffs deserve to be favored against some of the conference rivals.

no. not until I see some coaching on the Offensive side of the ball. and considering we will be starting 3 or so true frosh at DB unless polk and/or hendo make it back... we are not gonna beat FSU.

A win always helps and I desperately want this team to get on track. Losing this ewes team cannot be fully purged tho, it just cannot. They are not a good team and we blew it.

Beating Sac State and Fresno would take a little edge off, especially Fresno but the CSU loss showed a fundamental flaw or weakness in our program that has to be fixed for us to become a competitive team. You can't go out and get beat up by teams that are across the board less talented and have a strong program.

This loss will bug me until we have a season were we beat every team on the schedule that we should be beating. When they take care of business then it will be okay.

Lose to Fresno and we will have significant problems to deal with. Our progress will be halted and we will be going backwards.

No. These are the games we should be winning, not hoping to win. Now, if we win this week and manage at least one win on the road before UCLA then I will start feeling better.

No. That was a 3-9 mwc team that had lost some of it's best defenders. A team CU beat last year by two TD's and csu is breaking in new systems. No excuse for what happened other than a fail by the staff. I don't care if they beat Sac. St. Playing a DII or DIAA, whatever they are, really ought to be not only a gimme, but a multi TD win for a BCS conference team. CU really needed a 3-0 start for this season to be worthwhile, the pooch was screwed right out of the gate.
you nailed it - the pooch is screwed...and so is CU now! really disapointed in performance (only about 3/4 kids looked good) REALLY disappointed in the coaching and game preparation!! Embree is starting to sound like hawkins at this point - but, instead of the "little things" it is now "we are young" and "one or two more recruiting classes"... F**K that!!! I see teams all around the country that can turn it around in one season (off season) and do it with freshmen!! Tired of excuses... need to prepare the team, then the team needs to come out and WANT it MORE ! csu wanted it more, those kids finished plays and didn't take plays off...

Beating Sacramento State won't really make me feel any better. I guess a convincing victory would provide a little relief. A win at Fresno would definitely make me feel like we've improved. They're better than CSU, so it would show some improvement, and a road win of any sort is something that Buff fans should cherish.

Beating Sacky St won't make ANYBODY feel better, no matter how close or lopsided it is. Lopsided will result in "it was supposed to be that way, and we still had errors - proves NOTHING!" and a close win will result in " its confirmed, we suck".

If we lose, people will be jumping out of windows.

I'll feel better if we win both. Just winning agains Sac state won't cut it.

^^^This^^^

Beating Sacramento State won't really make me feel any better. I guess a convincing victory would provide a little relief. A win at Fresno would definitely make me feel like we've improved. They're better than CSU, so it would show some improvement, and a road win of any sort is something that Buff fans should cherish.
^^^ and that^^^

I don't want to see a close win over Sacramento State, we need a convincing win over the Hornets. Our best chance for wins are over the next few games and we need to take advantage, otherwise, we will have another nightmare season on our hands.

I'll feel better once we're in the off season again....at least then I can sip on Kool Aid instead of realize how inept we really are

As to the question, I won't answer my satisfaction until I see our record heading into USC....personally, if we don't have 4 wins at that point then my apathy and disappoint with this football program will probably be at an extreme low, knowing that once again we will be a bottom feeder team with no light or end in the tunnell

the bloom is off the rose. i need to see a nice little run of Ws here to make me have some hope of a bowl game again. right now, a bowl game seems about as likely as me winning the lotto.

Back