What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do you have a 2nd favorite college team?

Just CU. Then my division (except nebraska) than my conference (except nebraska). Except this season I find myself rooting against the Big XII in out of conference play.

Usually West over East, when applicable.

But I can watch any college game, and find someone to root for and someone to root against. Also, I like to root for the smart schools--Stanford, Northwestern, etc...

Since i've moved here, i've become a huge Gonzaga fan. Also Univ. of Northern Colorado since i grew up in Greeley.

Not really.

But if I had to pick one for football it'd be Boise State for consistently overachieving and Stanford of late for being complete bad asses.

Grew up a fan of University of Virginia, still like to see them do well. Friendly fans, if not a little arrogant about "Mr. Jefferson's University", and good kids in the program. Scott Stadium is beautiful, but it's quiet despite seating 61,500, and some students DO wear ties to games, HAH! They found some solid success in the 90s under George Welsh, but are undertaking a serious rebuilding project after the mess Al Groh left. UVA was actually ranked #1 at one point during the '91 season. But you think we suffer as Buff fans? -- These guys know absolutely no success in football. Only have two CO-championships to their name (ACC in 89, 95).

Go Buffs
CVB

^^^^
Yeah that.

I'll pay attention to the teams my non-Buff friends and family support.
So I rarely cheer against Penn State, Yale, Rice, Alabama or CSU. But other than friendship, I'm not at all emotionally invested.

Is it too late for me to get on the South Carolina bandwagon? I hear good things about them.
Good team, good coach, but November has Arkansas and at Florida. SEC is tough, I'd love to see Boise State play an SEC schedule.

I think we should follow ITB's lead and post pictures of said school's girls.

colorado-buffaloes-2.jpg

3997205944_2c1f574f4b.jpg

SEC is down somewhat this year however. I doubt a SEC team wins the title this year.
When the 1st BCS poll comes out look for Boise to be #1, however I would take South Carolina, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, or Bama over them.
If Ohio State and Boise finish unbeaten they will play for the NC, but I don't think either one is the best team in the nation.
Bama just lost Julio Jones with a broken hand - that's got to hurt them.

Last edited:
When the 1st BCS poll comes out look for Boise to be #1, however I would take South Carolina, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn, or Bama over them.
If Ohio State and Boise finish unbeaten they will play for the NC, but I don't think either one is the best team in the nation.

I don't think Boise, Utah. TCU or any of the non BCS good teams even come close to the title game this year. I still like a rematch of last years Rose bowl, Ohio st and Oregon to play for the national title.

Hate to say it, but Oregon and Nebraska would take any of those SEC schools, with the exception of Bama (who is likely out of the race now).

Hate to say it, but Oregon and Nebraska would take any of those SEC schools, with the exception of Bama (who is likely out of the race now).

Bama isn't out of it yet. They lost to a good team on the road, not too late in the season. If they win out, they could easily be in the N.C. game.

I'll probably take some **** for this, but whatever.

Washington Huskies, not sure why but I've always liked them. I like them a lot more recently since CU and UW share the unique trait of getting ****ed by Rick.

Wisconsin Badgers, been a fan ever since Ron Dayne, what can I say.

Virginia Tech, I love how they play football, although their brand of football has fell off recently.

Florida State, ever since Charlie Ward and Warrick Dunn. I always liked Bobby Bowden too.

Ok. So I get that I'm a bit different than the normal Buff fan. I began rooting for CU later in life, mid-20's, when I went to grad school in Boulder. I also did not grow up in the state.

As an outsider, I always liked CU from afar. But I also liked CSU. Sure, I get that CSU is our little brother. But why is there so much dislike for them, since we beat them at minimum 4 out of 5 times anyways?

And what's with the AFA love? If anything, CSU is way more like us than Air Force is. Similar campus/student profiles. So when I consider other schools that I like, I picture myself going there. If I couldn't have gone to Boulder, I'd have much rather gone to CSU than AFA. I respect the hell out of the military, but the life of a cadet is no fun. Plus, Ft. Collins >>>> Co. Springs. Maybe I liked girls and partying too much to ever consider a military school.

Thoughts?

Ok. So I get that I'm a bit different than the normal Buff fan. I began rooting for CU later in life, mid-20's, when I went to grad school in Boulder. I also did not grow up in the state.

As an outsider, I always liked CU from afar. But I also liked CSU. Sure, I get that CSU is our little brother. But why is there so much dislike for them, since we beat them at minimum 4 out of 5 times anyways?

And what's with the AFA love? If anything, CSU is way more like us than Air Force is. Similar campus/student profiles. So when I consider other schools that I like, I picture myself going there. If I couldn't have gone to Boulder, I'd have much rather gone to CSU than AFA. I respect the hell out of the military, but the life of a cadet is no fun. Plus, Ft. Collins >>>> Co. Springs. Maybe I liked girls and partying too much to ever consider a military school.

Thoughts?
I don't cheer for Air Force because I would want to go there or even would consider going there. I cheer for them because they are local (for me), they are a good team more times than not, and they exemplify the whole concept of teamwork, discipline, and pride. You might beat them, but you'll get their best effort every time - just ask OU. And, CSewe sucks.

Back