What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does anyone know what the PAC-12 payout schedule is?

jcatcher

Club Member
Club Member
For all schools, not just CU. I don't think CU and Utah get a full share until 2014-2015. I think they got 50% this year, and will get a 75% share this year, but I can't find what that share is.

If you have a link to your source, please include it.

Thanks

For all schools, not just CU. I don't think CU and Utah get a full share until 2014-2015. I think they got 50% this year, and will get a 75% share this year, but I can't find what that share is.

If you have a link to your source, please include it.

Thanks
Looks like we are now getting a full share.
TV rights: $85,630,000Bowl payouts: $40,140,262
Championships: $27,685,925 (includes March Madness payouts)
Other: $22,053,188
And payouts by school:
Stanford: $15,651,602
Oregon: $15,200,450
Washington: $13,520,128
USC: $13,464,426
UCLA: $12,753,358
Arizona State: $12,029,443
Cal: $11,595,746
Washington State: $10,564,842
Arizona: $10,562,878
Oregon State: $10,043,205
Utah: $4,079,028 (new member, partial cut)
Colorado: $3,413,697 (new member, partial cut)
Why were CU and Utah so far behind? Because they were, as noted, only entitled to a partial cut (basically all the two schools received were their share of the added revenue from the additional conference games which were televised, and their cut of the Pac-12 championship game rights, which didn’t exist before CU and Utah joined the league).
Why was CU behind even Utah in revenue? Because the Utes went to a bowl game in 2011, and CU did not. Also, Utah participated in other revenue generating sports (like baseball), in which CU does not participate.
The good news? CU is now a full partner in the Pac-12, and the $3 billion ESPN/Fox contract kicked in for the 2012-13 fiscal year, so each team will be looking at a minimun of $16 million in television revenue alone, with the television revenue ($85.6 million for 2011-12) more than doubling.
The difficult “transition” years for Colorado have now come to an end. The CU athletic department will now be in position to start paying off the debts incurred in dealing with leaving the Big 12 (and paying off two coaching staffs), and start building for the future

http://www.cuatthegame.com/2013/pac-12-notes-7/

Back