1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Brookhart have too many responsibilities?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by RK, Sep 27, 2011.

1. RK

RK UBL Club Member

TE's, Special teams, and Passing game coordinator. Seems like a lot to me. I wish we could have someone to solely focus on ST's

2. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

TE/ST coach is pretty standard on CFB

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He was a head coach before this. I'm sure he knows how to balance his schedule.

As slider said above, TE/ST is very common.

The Passing Game Coordinator thing is mostly a game planning deal. It's not something that would take away his practice or game time.

I know we're down on special teams right now and looking for reasons. The reasons are pretty simple. Behind our starters, we're either too slow or we're too young (which means mistakes and being not strong enough). He doesn't have a lot to work with.

Even the rugby punts to mix things up are likely a reaction to injuries destroying what was already questionable depth for our punt team. Good luck finding 8 guys (11 minus the punter and 2 gunners) on the Buffs roster you trust to block and then have enough speed to get down field and be in position to make a tackle.

4. fervorfactor

fervorfactor Active Member

I think he has a problem getting his arms around 'Ole' as a special teams inspirational cheer.

5. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

The Rugby punts are a combo of crappy punt defense and baaad hang time+punting to a good returner