What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does CU need to get more athletic at the QB position?

I think with Dillon and Sefo in the mix we are Athletic enough to get the job done. As always I want the staff to try to recruit better each year. I am excited to see the battle between these 2....and see what the returners can do. May the best man win the job. I know many spout about the if of Webb starting, which don't think (and don't want to) woudl happen, but if it did would hopefully mean that he is effective in MM's offense and worked hard to beat the other guys.

Height has not been the main issue at QB.

Agree, just stated it to make a point. Our QBs recently haven't been up to BCS standard on a lot of measures. If we had a short QB who was a Drew Brees type we wouldn't be having this discussion but our QBs have come up short in a multitude of ways.

I think with Dillon and Sefo in the mix we are Athletic enough to get the job done. As always I want the staff to try to recruit better each year. I am excited to see the battle between these 2....and see what the returners can do. May the best man win the job. I know many spout about the if of Webb starting, which don't think (and don't want to) woudl happen, but if it did would hopefully mean that he is effective in MM's offense and worked hard to beat the other guys.
I keep remembering how he was recruited to Kansas for the spread offense and was suppose to be better than the qb before him there.

Buff Enuf, please stop being a jackass in every reply. It is beyond old. Also, your comparison to Kaepernick is way off.

C-i-C ! My comparison to Kaepernick is based on HS experience as athletes, not on what Kaep has become now. Arm strenth and excelling in other sports are things shared by Sefo, Dillion and Kaep. Kaep came out of HS scrawny and under-the-radar, his success was built and coached up, taking advantage of what he grew into. Sefo and Dillion can do the same thing.

Will they? Its up to them.

Being a two-sport athlete automatically draws a comparison to one of the top college QBs of the last decade? Solid.

There is athleticism and there is elite athleticism. Let's just Kaepernick with a 94 mph fastball and running in the 4.5 range fits in the latter category.

Sure, but if Kaep was being recruited to CU while still in HS, how many people woudl be saying that he wouldn't be any good cuz we were battling Nevada for a QB? No one is saying that because Sefo and Shane are 2 sport athletes that they will be the next Kaep, but they are saying that sometimes a kid in HS's future potential is nto yet written and the fact that they do excel at mutliple sports shows thier athleticism and that is a good start.

Back