What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does it concern you that nothing has happened yet?

Yes, I know the situations aren't identical. But, it took 2 weeks for the decision to be made and for Bohn to officially fire Barnett. It has been 6 days since ISU.

And it is still 7 days until the final regular season game...

Man - this thread title sums up how I felt through much of high school

this is how it is going to go (and i have no inside info at all):

friday, the Buffs play the fuskers. hawk appears to be very emotional on national tv, before and after the game. he hugs his players, etc.

friday after the game, bohn holds a presser. he announces that hawkins won't be back. he declines to speculate on who will be candidates.

saturday, hawkins holds his own presser. he is gracious and regretful and says the team is right on the verge of turning the corner and that the new guy will get a good team.

saturday, via "traditional" online news sources, rumors of interest in certain candidates will begin to leak out (and i am not talking about from the boards or footballscoop). this will continue for a few days.

sometime between 11/27 and 12/8, 2 or 3 names will emerge as "frontrunners." some will deny interviewing. others will admit it. the traditional media will be all over the 2-3 candidates.

no later than roughly 12/14, a new head coach will be named. he and bohn will do a presser on that day. and we will be off to the races.

stay calm.

I can tell you unequivocally that Kyle aint coming here.

Pretty much figured that since Austin sports news has said jack and squat about Kyle leaving Houston for Boulder.

If it was a possibility these dorks down here would have blabbed it all over the place by now.

Yes, I know the situations aren't identical. But, it took 2 weeks for the decision to be made and for Bohn to officially fire Barnett. It has been 6 days since ISU.

Take it easy. Talkins is done.. Bohn will make the move after the season ends on Friday..

this is how it is going to go (and i have no inside info at all):

friday, the Buffs play the fuskers. hawk appears to be very emotional on national tv, before and after the game. he hugs his players, etc.

friday after the game, bohn holds a presser. he announces that hawkins won't be back. he declines to speculate on who will be candidates.

saturday, hawkins holds his own presser. he is gracious and regretful and says the team is right on the verge of turning the corner and that the new guy will get a good team.

saturday, via "traditional" online news sources, rumors of interest in certain candidates will begin to leak out (and i am not talking about from the boards or footballscoop). this will continue for a few days.

sometime between 11/27 and 12/8, 2 or 3 names will emerge as "frontrunners." some will deny interviewing. others will admit it. the traditional media will be all over the 2-3 candidates.

no later than roughly 12/14, a new head coach will be named. he and bohn will do a presser on that day. and we will be off to the races.

stay calm.

...and everyone will claim you settled for your 16th choice, and just because someone interviewed means they were offered and said no and your AD is keeping things a secret, etc...

oh..and some coaches will announce publicly they have no interest in the job and are not a candidate. This is a sure sign they were offered and turned it down.

New Coach will be announced and all will be well again.

Don't worry, goes that way with every coaching search.

...and everyone will claim you settled for your 16th choice, and just because someone interviewed means they were offered and said no and your AD is keeping things a secret, etc...

oh..and some coaches will announce publicly they have no interest in the job and are not a candidate. This is a sure sign they were offered and turned it down.

New Coach will be announced and all will be well again.

Don't worry, goes that way with every coaching search.

Ha, in your case Callahan was the 16th choice. Pederson botched that whole scenario about as bad as I've ever seen.

I have been concerned since the day after the Toledo game when Cabral wasn't named interim coach. To me, that is when it became 100% obvious that Hawkins lost the team and will never be able to win at CU. At least making the change then could have salvaged this season and we would have been able to start the search back then. Hell, who knows, maybe we could have had Shanny out recruiting and hand picking who he wanted off of that Top 100 list.

Would have been interesting to see what this team could have done if they had jettisoned Hawkins after that Toledo game. One thing we can be sure of, it couldn't have been worse!

Until I hear it from bohn's mouth I'm concerned. I'm getting a bad feeling that hawk somehow returns next year.

Until I hear it from bohn's mouth I'm concerned. I'm getting a bad feeling that hawk somehow returns next year.

Are you buying tickets if he comes back next year? If you can honestly look in the mirror and say no to that, then you have no worries. OTH, if you would pay money to see Hawk coach again, then we are screwed for yet another year!

My thoughts were leaning that way, too, until Fowler said on the game broadcast that funds were in place for a buyout. I figured the cash just wouldn't be there. I don't think Fowler would've said that if he didn't have a pretty good source.

2064181789_af77dabf35_o.jpg

7:00 Saturday AM, Hawk still alive :smile2:

damn dino u didnt get any in high school? besides sports that was my favorite pastime. lol, i kid cause i care bro.

Are you buying tickets if he comes back next year? If you can honestly look in the mirror and say no to that, then you have no worries. OTH, if you would pay money to see Hawk coach again, then we are screwed for yet another year!

Yes. Yes I am buying tickets next year. And I have no worries about being screwed.

Certainly does to me...
No. There is only one instance that I could see a valid concern: that this is a great team being held back by the coaching staff. I think the team is capable of playing winning or at least well-competing ball every game. We've seen plenty of 29-minute football games where Colorado has excelled.

But I'm not convinced that, after almost four years of exposure to this staff, their removal would free up this team and let them play more competitively. At least, that's what I argue to myself.

On the other hand, with a final game or two left... maybe the team wouldn't get up to 'win one for the gipper', but would they get up to win one for themselves? Purely for themselves?

At the end of Barnett's career, we saw how Jeremy Klatt and his squad of 'leaders' did. Of course, Barnett wasn't officially 'done'.

An argument might be raised that, for the end of THIS season and THIS career, CU might try an official announcement before those end of season games.

Could they go much worse than Barnett-Klatt's last "efforts"?

Last edited:
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13837755?source=rss

:confused:
Speculation that Hawkins is on his way out is rampant. Rumors that he has agreed to a buyout are inaccurate, Bohn said. The athletic director emphasized he has not made a decision on whether Hawkins will be retained.

Bohn reiterated that no decision will be announced while he is out of town. "I can guarantee you that," he said.
Bohn would not say if he has met with university chancellor Phil DiStefano regarding Hawkins' future. DiStefano was a strong defender of Hawkins earlier this season when the Buffs were struggling. :confused:

sure hope these are a bunch of lies....
I'm concerned :cry:

Jeremy Klatt and his squad of 'leaders' did. Of course, Barnett wasn't officially 'done'.

Could they go much worse than Barnett-Klatt's last "efforts"?

It's little different, when Greg Barnett lost the team, Jeremy Klatt did his best, but Mark Brown and Vittiglio Young were just too much...Mark Bohn then had no choice..:smile2:

Signed, Donald Hodge.

I didn't mean this as any more of a slam against Klatt-Barnet-et al than they received/deserved.

I meant this to fuel an argument that "We didn't call Barnett a lame-duck by season's end, but maybe we SHOULD officially announce it now".

Just as a complete-opposite-of-the-past. It's an interesting argument to consider, at least. I can't say I'd be a huge fan of it because the only 'personal' slam against Hawkins is that his nepotism obviously hasn't gained top QB recruits, or when he's had alternative QBs, he has delegated the job and primary training to his son.

The KU-Mangino-AD case is different - that's a total pissin' contest and they NEED to fire one or both and alert every recruit and prospect that there will be a change. They can do that in an up-front, man-to-man sort of way, making it a far more noble effort than their current pissing contest is.

I wish Bohn would announce a decision before the nebraska game because then I could root for the Buffs without a trace of hesitation. I think Hawk is gone no matter what, but it would be nice to know that. Without knowing for sure that a win won't mean that Hawk is back, I won't be able to enjoy the game as much. If we knew, it could be like a send-off party for Hawk.

Wish Bohn would conisder my feelings for once. :lol:

I wish Bohn would announce a decision before the nebraska game because then I could root for the Buffs without a trace of hesitation.

Jesus ****. This is the ****ing ****braska ****ers we're playing next. If you can't get up to cheer for a win there, then all hope is lost.

The more non-commital denials we get the more likely it is that a decision has already been made to fire. If the decision was to keep Hawkins Bohn and the administration would be hard at work building up their defense of keeping him around.

To fire him this week also would create a difficult situation because it would mean either having a lame-duck coach on the sidelines answering questions about being fired and all the kids worrying about what will happen under the new, unnamed coach or naming an interim HC. If they did that it would logically fall to Cabral who would then have a second term as interim HC without getting the job, a very uncomfortable situation for him and the others around him.

Back