What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does it piss you off as much as it pisses me off....

How do you feel about CSU in a bowl game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It pisses me off that I pay what I do for cable in part because ESPN forks over a ton of money for the broadcast rights to a game between the last qualifier out of the Pac-12 (6-6 Washington State) matched up with a MWC program that came down to a decision between 7-6 CSU and 6-6 SJSU.

Really?

No one's watching that if it's a regular season game, so how the hell does it become an advertised post-season game?
I realize it's a bit of rhetorical question but part of the answer to me is it's the dead of winter and not a lot of (national) TV options. Most shows are going on a brief hiatus and besides Christmas Day not exactly the most thrilling sports action on the weekdays.

No. It makes me sick that we've haven't been to a bowl game in a long time. I don't care that CSU got to a bowl game without beating a team that has more than 5 wins.

Not only did CSU not beat any teams with winning records, they didn't beat any teams who beat any teams with winning records.

Would you rather have an MWC bowl slot along with MWC money and exposure or PAC money and PAC exposure?

On the bad side in the PAC we currently suck and are not in a bowl game. On the other hand for MWC schools unless they have a perfect season and go to a BCS level bowl their best chance is the Las Vegas bowl which most college football fans don't even know has a conference champion tie-in, or bother to watch.

It pisses me off that I pay what I do for cable in part because ESPN forks over a ton of money for the broadcast rights to a game between the last qualifier out of the Pac-12 (6-6 Washington State) matched up with a MWC program that came down to a decision between 7-6 CSU and 6-6 SJSU.

Really?

No one's watching that if it's a regular season game, so how the hell does it become an advertised post-season game?

Based on the payouts it doesn't look like a lot of your cable bill is going to the participants in this bowl.

Date Bowl Location Time [ET] Network Combined Payouts
Dec. 21 Gildan New Mexico Bowl Albuquerque, N.M. 2 p.m. ESPN $912,500 Dec. 21
MAACO Bowl Las Vegas Las Vegas, Nev. 3:30 p.m. ABC $2.2 million

Compared to

Jan. 1 Rose Bowl presented by VIZIO Pasadena, Calif. 5 p.m. ESPN $36 million -

Or even a second tier PAC tie in bowl

Dec. 30 Holiday Bowl San Diego, Calif. 10:15 p.m. ESPN $4.15 million -

This game will strategically provide CSU with exposure to Pac12 officials and viewers.

If the Rams win, there is a good chance CSU would get an invite to join the Pac14 or Pac16.

-Skidmark channeling the Jalepeño.

This game will strategically provide CSU with exposure to Pac12 officials and viewers.

If the Rams win, there is a good chance CSU would get an invite to join the Pac14 or Pac16.

-Skidmark channeling the Jalepeño.

And since Albequerque is close to Texas and Oklahoma it is B12 country meaning the the B12 and PAC will be competing for CSU.

I think the real story of this game is that Washington State played Auburn within 7 points. So that means that if CSU wins that the Rams were on par with the teams playing in the national championship game.

(I expect the above point to be made on the Rammie board if they win.)

I think the real story of this game is that Washington State played Auburn within 7 points. So that means that if CSU win that the Rams were on par with the teams playing in the national championship game.

They will use this logic even if they lose. "Hey we played Bama closer than other schools and played well against (don't actually have to play well to claim this) the team that played Auburn close. We are close to being the best team in the country."

I think the real story of this game is that Washington State played Auburn within 7 points. So that means that if CSU wins that the Rams were on par with the teams playing in the national championship game.

They're already claiming they are a bottom Pac type fanbase. And citing on campus stadium attendance for every Pac school as an example their attendance would "double."

They're already claiming they are a bottom Pac type fanbase. And citing on campus stadium attendance for every Pac school as an example their attendance would "double."

I'm not sure I understand.

Are they saying:

Teams at the bottom of the Pac-12 draw double what CSU does, because...

either...

Their stadiums are on campus and/or they get a bump by virtue of being in a BCS conference, and...

All other factors point to CSU being equivalent to those programs and schools.

Bugs the living **** out of me!! Mainly the media coverage they get. I'm really close to telling the Denver Post to get lost. (Yeah, I still subscribe, sorry.)

Bugs the living **** out of me!! Mainly the media coverage they get. I'm really close to telling the Denver Post to get lost. (Yeah, I still subscribe, sorry.)

Of course you do. Got to keep up with what the young whippersnappers like Woody Paige have to say.

I'm not sure I understand.

Are they saying:

Teams at the bottom of the Pac-12 draw double what CSU does, because...

either...

Their stadiums are on campus and/or they get a bump by virtue of being in a BCS conference, and...

All other factors point to CSU being equivalent to those programs and schools.

Some retard was citing the bowl tickets sold. Wazzu at like 6k and csu at like 4k. This means they are a bottom Pac Team in terms of fan support.

Another guy posted attendance for all Pac teams with on campus stadiums. The large numbers here suggests csu will double attendance.

Some retard was citing the bowl tickets sold. Wazzu at like 6k and csu at like 4k. This means they are a bottom Pac Team in terms of fan support.

Another guy posted attendance for all Pac teams with on campus stadiums. The large numbers here suggests csu will double attendance.

Wazzu sold more tickets? CSU fans can drive to this game. Holy crap.

Also, I think some of the programs that play off campus draw better in the Pac-12. Whatever, though. CSU logic is CSU logic.

Wazzu sold more tickets? CSU fans can drive to this game. Holy crap.

Also, I think some of the programs that play off campus draw better in the Pac-12. Whatever, though. CSU logic is CSU logic.

Exactly to point #1. Csu fans were sure beating their chests over it.

Doesn't Wazzu have the smallest stadium in the Pac too? Not exactly heady company that CSU is losing the comparison battle to.

Besides the national championship game, anything can really happen. I know that principle can happen in the BCS CG as well. But the point, they're all glorified exhibitions besides that. Different teams use the bowl games for different purposes.

Is this the logic you use whenever you view something as "dumb." Maybe you should try using "gay" or some other derogatory term next time. Expand your vocabulary...

No. We'd be in a crappy bowl game too if we played a MWC shedule. Wouldn't trade it for being in PAC. Now, if we make said crappy bowl next year I will be pleased as it will show progress.

CU had more people in ABQ for their NCAA tournament than CSU will have for their bowl game.

No. Not reading this stupid ****ing thread, either. Bad thread. Don't start anymore, thanks.

1. 4k =! 6k. They clearly don't understand percentages because a number that is 150% of another number is not particularly close.
  2. CSU alumnae can almost assuredly drive to this game in less than 8 hours. From Pullman it's a minimum 10 hours of flight time with no less than 3 stops (unless they drive the hour to Spokane, where it's 5 hours of flight time with one stop).
  3. I don't give two ****s if they get their on campus stadium or not, but they need to recognize that if they build a 45K seat stadium it will constantly be 2/3rds full AT BEST:
    1. CSU can't sell more than 20K tickets to their Super Bowl in Denver
    2. CSU averaged barely more than 60% capacity at their on-campus basketball arena last year when they had a tournament team. This year they are averaging less than 50%. The only games to break 50% were Northern Colorado and CU, and CU (their ultimate rival) wasn't even sold out.
    3. They won't sell more than 5K tickets to a bowl game that they can drive to when they haven't been bowling in 5 years, and have gone to two bowl games in the last 10.

Back