1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Oregon move up into contention for the NC game?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MtnBuff, Nov 12, 2011.

1. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Kicking the crud out of Stanford at Stanford tonight. Their only loss was opening game of the season to LSU at LSU. Have to figure that the winner of the SEC, likely LSU is going to be one team. Okie State would seem to have the inside track on the other spot but they still have to play the Sooners and the Sooners will not be intimidated or overmatched.

2. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Oklahoma state will play if they can beat OU. I don't see oregon passing alabama, gary danielson and the rest of the SEC shills are pushing for a rematch.

3. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

If Okie St loses.

4. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

FWIW[ Oregon lost to LSU in Dallas (Jerry's World)
    sure there were more LSU fans there but in no means was the game played in baton rouge-

5. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

They should be atleast 3rd in the nation.

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

What if Arkansas beats LSU and then wins SEC. Or Arkansas or LSU gets beat by a hot Georgia team int eh SEC title game. Then OU beats Okie st.

Arkansas vs. Oregon? Arkansas vs. Oklahoma?

hmmm

things could get interesting!

7. MtnBuff

A couple hour drive from Baton Rouge verses a couple thousand mile plane trip, and Dallas is full of LSU grads and supporters, it was in all ways but officially an LSU home game.

Alabama had it's game at home and Oregon managed to score TDs against LSU. Bama is a solid team but the LSU-Bama game was not exactly the most exciting game of the year.

Everything depends on the OU-Okie State game but the discussion could get interesting.

8. MtnBuff

This throws a whole different interesting question to the situation. Could be fun to follow.

9. InTheBuff

BTR to DFW is a 7 hour drive....

I agree that there were many more LSU fans in Dallas however it wasn't played in Tiger Stadium.

10. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

God, I hope not - but that's just because I hate Oregon.

11. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

What if Arky beats LSU, who goes to SEC title game?

Bama wins tiebreaker with Arky
    Arky wins tiebreaker with LSU
    LSU wins tiebreaker with Bama

12. MtnBuff

How many thousand LSU alum live in Dallas? I'm guessing not a big Oregon presence there.

Jerryworld isn't quite death valley but it was definately an LSU home game the same as for example a Nebraska-UCLA game played in Kansas City would be a kNU home game in all ways but name.

13. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

This. It is not going to be fun listening to talk radio up here this week. The Duck blow hards are going to be going full bore.

14. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

The teams that give Oregon trouble are those who at least come close to their speed and quickness at the 'skill' positions, while having a size and strength advantage on the lines. LSU. Although I think with more moving parts, Oregon was at a disadvantage early in the season. I think they could take LSU now.

15. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

I'm just excited for the playoff debate threads on all buffs as this mess becomes more convoluted

16. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

No they shouldn't.

1. LSU
    2. OSU
    3. Alabama
    4. OU
    5. Oregon

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

17. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

I don't get why Bama is ahead of Oregon? Bama lost to LSU at home, Oregon lost on a neutral (basically road) field to LSU and just smacked Stanford at Stanford.

18. InTheBuff

Bama lost by a FG in OT

Oregon lost by 13 in a game not as close as the score would indicate

plus Bama is in the SEC and there's an SEC bias

19. MtnBuff

I think at this point in the season if Bama and Oregon played, Oregon wins. Bama has a much better defense but isn't going to keep Oregon from scoring, I question if Bama could score enough to stay in the game. Oregon gets a couple big plays, jumps out on the scoreboard and Bama has to come out of their shell. That leads to more mistakes and Oregon quickly has 30+ on the board and is rolling.

I also don't have a clue how tini imagines OU ahead of Oregon. OU lost to Texas Tech and struggled with some other marginal teams.

I don't like the Ducks but right now the only team I see that I would favor to beat them would be LSU again. LSU has explosive athletes like Oregon has and more of them, especially on defense.

20. Bama Charlie

Bama Charlie Well-Known Member

Leaving out 7 other tiebreakers that will all be ties-

The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game.

More than likely-LSU.

21. Bama Charlie

Oregon was never in that game. Alabama should have beat LSU. If Bama played Oregon neutral field Bama -7 easy.

22. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If LSU wins out, I expect the winner of Oklahoma/Okie Lite to play for the national championship. LSU's already beaten Bama and Oregon, so they've got nothing to prove there. If every game counts like it's supposed to, you can't make someone beat a team a 2nd time to prove that they're more worthy of being champs than them (if there are other worthy options for an opponent).

23. Bama Charlie

I agree. I don't think anybody (outside of the fan base) wants a rematch of LSU and Bama or Oregon.

24. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Well, at least the BCS ranking is the #8 tiebreaker, unlike the #2 it was in the Big 12 (when there actually WERE 12 teams) the year Whorns-Boomer-Sand Aggies had the circle jerk happening (2008 season I think?)

25. MtnBuff

Now that we have a completely unbiased opinion in the matter that settles it.:rofl::laugh::rofl2:

26. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

agree. LSU beat Bama at Bama. not sure how "should" factors in unless that's one of the BCS criteria...along with calling "do overs".

27. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

As stellar as the vaunted SEC D's are, Oregon is every bit as much off the charts on O.

I've not been impressed by SEC offenses in general this year, and I don't think it's a stretch to see Oregon put up 30 or more on Alabama. With the way Oregon's D has been playing the last few weeks, I don't really seeing 'Bama putting over 20 on them.

At any rate, if there was any way to see Oregon play 'Bama it would be a great game...

28. Bama Charlie

LSU put up 40 (9 on Bama with #1 QB) on Oregon without their #1 QB. Oregon only put up 27 and 14 of that was after the game was already decided. I would love to play Oregon in a bowl.

29. Bama Charlie

Not about a do over-I don't care one thing about a rematch. Just comparing Bama's effort vs Oregon's against LSU.

30. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

We agree it would make for a great game.

Oregon is a much better team since that first game. Especially with the Black Mamba having some experience, and even moreso on defense. You could say that about a lot of teams, but Oregon is playing at as high a level as anyone right now. But their fate lies in the hands of voters...