What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does Oregon move up into contention for the NC game?

That wasn't your main argument, your main argument was that the P12 only had 3 good teams, implying that the B12 had more than 3 good teams. OU, OSU, KSU? Let us not forget the almighty Baylor team that required a Dan Hawkins level meltdown on the part of Kansas to win that game.

Only a couple teams from the B12(10) won't be bowl eligible? P12 has: ASU, Cal, Oregon, Stanford, Utah, and Washington all already bowl eligible. That's 6 teams, which is already 60% of the B12. UCLA could become bowl eligible with a win over our Buffs (lets hope not) and USC would be bowl eligible if they weren't ineligible for a bowl. That's 7 or 8 teams. Considering KU isn't making a bowl and ISU is unlikely to make a bowl, it seems pretty even on that front, 8 teams. I suppose you could argue that the bottom of the B12 is superior to the P12, but the middle is pretty close. Head to head matchups are slim pickings, ASU beat MU, UT beat UCLA.

I just fail to see how the B12 has a clear advantage in this department.

And you'd bet KSU could beat USC? I'm not into betting, but I'll take that one.

No it was my mian argument.

Oh and if Minnesota and Arizona can almost beat SC in LA, I think a great K-state team could beat SC anywhere. K-state just almost beat Okie st, Okie state would destroy SC.

Last edited:
You're the king of saying stupid ****, but I didn't know you were capable of this. This is bigbang territory.

The Big 12 has one bad team in Kansas but the rest all have at least five wins. The SEC has three really good teams in LSU, Bama, and Arkansas. The SEC has three teams with four or less wins.

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

My ranking of BCS conferences this year

1. Big 10
2. SEC
3. Big 12
4. ACC
5. Pac-12
6. Big East

It's a tough call between ACC and Pac-12, but the Pac is pretty ****ing bad this year overall.

Last edited:
top to bottom they are better than the SEC this year. Five 2 loss teams. I would take the SEC's top 3 over the Big 10's top 3 however.
Yeah I guess idk the bottom of the B1G is pretty bad (Minnesota and Indiana). I'd move the Pac 12 above the ACC at four though.

Yeah I guess idk the bottom of the B1G is pretty bad (Minnesota and Indiana). I'd move the Pac 12 above the ACC at four though.

that is true, however Ole Miss and Kentucky are pretty bad. Ole miss just lost at home to Louisiana Tech. At least Vanderbilt is 1 win away from their 2nd bowl in the last 30 years! HEY! Yennessee is not that great either. I think I would take Minnesota over Ole Miss, but Kentucky or Tenn over Indiana.

that is true, however Ole Miss and Kentucky are pretty bad. Ole miss just lost at ho,e to Louisiana Tech. At least Vanderbilt is 1 win away from the 2nd bowl in the last 30 years! HEY! Yennessee is not that great either. I think I would take Minnesota over Ole Miss, but Kentucky or Tenn over Indiana.
That Ole Piss v Minnesota game would be a massive pillow fight but I'm not sure who I'd take.

Oregon is really, really good. I don't know what happened in the first game of the season, but a lot of stuff happens in game 1. Outside of Alabama, I don't think there's another school that could compete with LSU. LSU is a legit #1, having defeated the next two best teams in the country.

I suppose there's a chance we could get a re-match of either LSU/Oregon or LSU/Alabama in the MNC game. Frankly, I'd be fine with that. I don't see anybody else - anywhere - that could compete with any of those teams right now.

Oregon is really, really good. I don't know what happened in the first game of the season, but a lot of stuff happens in game 1. Outside of Alabama, I don't think there's another school that could compete with LSU. LSU is a legit #1, having defeated the next two best teams in the country.

I suppose there's a chance we could get a re-match of either LSU/Oregon or LSU/Alabama in the MNC game. Frankly, I'd be fine with that. I don't see anybody else - anywhere - that could compete with any of those teams right now.

**** rematches, we already saw who won those games, huge advantage to whoever lost the first game. I wouldn't watch

My ranking of BCS conferences this year

1. Big 10
2. SEC
3. Big 12
4. ACC
5. Pac-12
6. Big East

It's a tough call between ACC and Pac-12, but the Pac is pretty ****ing bad this year overall.

Pac12 should be ahead of the ACC. ACC is a distant 5th. Pac12 is stronger everywhere: top, middle and bottom.

Oregon vs Clemson? Stanford vs VT? (we saw how that went last year)...it goes on and on

Apparently leash and tini factor in a lot of things I do not when trying to determine which conference is better. The SEC has 3 teams in the national championship race, the B10 has zero. You guys also seem to love to factor in the ****tiest teams in the conferences, I just don't get that. I'd rather compare the good and above average teams in conferences.

I guess we can't all agree on anything. Luckily, they play the actual games.

No it was my mian argument.

Oh and if Minnesota and Arizona can almost beat SC in LA, I think a great K-state team could beat SC anywhere. K-state just almost beat Okie st, Okie state would destroy SC.

Okie St has no defense. They did surprise in that game, but IMHO K St gets thrashed by anyone with a middling to good D.

blah, blah, blah, Aggie is top ten team, blah, blah, blah
gotj.jpg

fify

Apparently leash and tini factor in a lot of things I do not when trying to determine which conference is better. The SEC has 3 teams in the national championship race, the B10 has zero. You guys also seem to love to factor in the ****tiest teams in the conferences, I just don't get that. I'd rather compare the good and above average teams in conferences.

I guess we can't all agree on anything. Luckily, they play the actual games.

I thought you said you were done?

his huskers are now in the big 10 = #1 conference
yes sir!!!!

i skipped a few pages in this thread....but i think Oregon deserves to be in it more than OU. OU lost to a crap team at home. UO already lost to LSU....and you can't use the "no rematch" strategy against the Ducks...if you are ESPN or SEC ballsuckinghomer honking for Bama.

OU is not the same team without Broyles and that Whaley kid who gave them a power run game. they seem hit or miss on D. if they have the blitz dialed up, look out...but other times they are a seive. OSU, dunno? Snyder had them sweating to the last play in Stillwater.

i'm kind of against OSU since i don't a 28 year old should be playing college football.

If OSU and UO play in a bowl game, could they re-name it the Sugar Daddy Bowl?

As far as national title contenders, SEC is still tops. But I am talking top to bottom conferences. The Bottom of the SEC is not really that good this year

As for Pac-12 vs. Big 12

Teams in BCS top 25: Pac-12 2, Big 12 5
National title contenders: Pac-12 1, Big 12 2 (Oklahoma has a good chance still, Stanford does not)
Teams with winning records: Pac-12 7, Big 12 5 (however this will change in the Big 12's favor at the end of the year as the Pac can only get 1 more team get a winning record (UCLA), while the Big 12 looks to easily add 3, possibly 4 more (A&M, Mizzou, Tech, ISU). And this is with the Big 12 having two less teams.

Comparisions

Oregon 9-1=Oklahoma St. 10-0
Oklahoma 8-1>Stanford 9-1
Kansas St 8-2=USC 8-2 (yes I still strongly believe this, anyone who thinks KSU is a joke hasn't paid attention)
Texas 6-3> Arizona St. 6-3
Baylor 6-3> Utah 6-4
Missouri 5-5>UCLA 5-5
Texas A&M 5-5=Cal 6-4
Texas Tech 5-5>Washington St. 3-6
Iowa St. 5-4>Oregon St. 2-8
Colorado 2-9 and Arizona 2-8=Kansas 2-8

Last edited:
If OSU and UO play in a bowl game, could they re-name it the Sugar Daddy Bowl?

I didn't know Stanford has the same sugar daddy as Oregon until I watched the UO/Stanford game last Saturday. Although I think Phil gives more to the school at Stanford where at Oregon it's more to athletics.

I didn't know Stanford has the same sugar daddy as Oregon until I watched the UO/Stanford game last Saturday. Although I think Phil gives more to the school at Stanford where at Oregon it's more to athletics.

Stanford is purely to the business grad school he went to. I do think Nike sponsors their AD, though. I'd assume they have a pretty good deal.

I think Houston should play in the title game. LSU has yet to face a team with a good qb and Case Keenum would tear them up.

Back