What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Doesn't Look Like UCLA Wants Scott- per LA Times

:lol: Sorry, I couldn't contain myself. I think RN is probably getting a bit squeemish at taking CU players. Gary Barnett, on the radio, said he was pretty sure that UCLA and DS had been talking before he left. Maybe that isn't true. Or maybe Rick does not want that perception to be out there?

Yep....5 RB's plus another commit already....cupboard is full for an unproven RB

Any 2nd thoughts, DS??? We'd gladly keep you!

Maybe he'll end up in Florida. I believe they were on his short recruiting list, and he has family there.

RN can't say anything until DS is released from his scholarship. Saying "no comment" is just going to create a **** storm his team doesn't need right now, so it's easier to deny. Not like RN has a history of honesty. What was it... "I'm going to be here for 10 years"

They found room for Josh and Fauria, I'm sure they'll find room for Darrell if they think they need him.

Maybe I'm stupidly hanging onto a ship that's sailed, but between DS being pleased with what he heard in his interview with Bohn and the LA Times report... I'm thinking that DS may just wait to see what happens in the next month before officially leaving the program.

Sure would be great if he stayed, the NCAA granted him a medical redshirt exception, and we had him for 3 more years with a new coaching staff.

We'll see.

Maybe I'm stupidly hanging onto a ship that's sailed, but between DS being pleased with what he heard in his interview with Bohn and the LA Times report... I'm thinking that DS may just wait to see what happens in the next month before officially leaving the program.

Sure would be great if he stayed, the NCAA granted him a medical redshirt exception, and we had him for 3 more years with a new coaching staff.

We'll see.
probably, but I like the cut of your jib :cool:

We'll see.

Ship has sailed! DS could have waited to see if there was a coaching change. He could have played out the season and waited to see what happened, and if Hawk is back next year he could have transfered.

He chose to clean out the locker with 4 games left. Good luck to him wherever he goes, but I don't want him back here. There is no changing you mind on something like this. The last thing this team needs is a guy that thinks he was responsible for getting the coach fired.

RN can't say anything until DS is released from his scholarship. Saying "no comment" is just going to create a **** storm his team doesn't need right now, so it's easier to deny. Not like RN has a history of honesty. What was it... "I'm going to be here for 10 years"

It wouldn't surprise me if Neu leaked the non-interest in DS piece himself so not to upset their current RB commit. Scott could then sign after signing day.

It wouldn't surprise me if Neu leaked the non-interest in DS piece himself so not to upset their current RB commit. Scott could then sign after signing day.

That makes sense to me too....that sounds like something Rick would do.

DS is in a tough position - his stock is considerably lower now than it was coming straight out of high school. I think he'll be hard pressed to find a big-name school like Florida or Texas that would be willing to take him considering what they have and have not seen from him at Colorado.

While I am 100% on D. Scott's side in this whole situation (ie, I think he was totally mis-used, trained, managed, developed by the staff), he does now have a history of jumping ship. He went from High School in Florida to California, then changed high schools in CA to chase a championship and now has left CO - kinda shows that his commitment may not be as strong as others...just sayin'

And then again, Slick Rick the slimeball could just be up to his usual recruiting dirty tricks...can't rule that out

It's too early to say, and illegal for any coaches to make comment on it, so this is just an opinion.

It's too early to say, and illegal for any coaches to make comment on it, so this is just an opinion.

True but an opinion held by their beat writer and a few donors here in LA, add to that they too are sketched out by CO player number three and tricky's past.

my UCLA buddy (who lives in SoCal) says San Diego State.

for what it's worth.

That makes alot of sense. USC, UCLA, Fresno St. Cal, etc, probably have their backfield somewhat etched in stone. San Diego St. is close to home for DS and could make room for him without shaking up the team.

My how the mighty have fallen. Once recruited by practically every school in the country, and now it could be SDSU?

That makes alot of sense. USC, UCLA, Fresno St. Cal, etc, probably have their backfield somewhat etched in stone. San Diego St. is close to home for DS and could make room for him without shaking up the team.

My how the mighty have fallen. Once recruited by practically every school in the country, and now it could be SDSU?

Yeah, 'cause no good running backs have come out of SDSU...

Oh! wait a minute...

He should just complete the inevitable Marcus Houston comparisons and come ride the pine at CSU. What is the difference in sitting behind a bunch of backs at UCLA when you could head a few miles north and sit behind a UCLA transfer the next couple of years?

Alright.....sorry guys couldn't resist.

Seriously though SDSU would be a good sport for him. They have a great young QB right now. That program is showing some signs of life again.

Last edited:
Back