1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't Expect A Firing Today (Monday)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Nov 8, 2010.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

this was posted over at Rivals and it makes sense ....

If there was going to be any type of announcement this week, I doubt it would take place today, just based off the fact that Monday is CU’s day off. According to NCAA rules, there are not supposed to be any meetings initiated by coaches or other staff members on athletically related matters during the players’ off day. Can’t imagine Bohn would make any type of announcement to the media without informing the players first.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

...Hawk isn't going anywhere until the end of the season....

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  3. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

What I continue to not understand is why Dan Hawkins does not resign. In all honesty, anyone with any integrity (cue the obvious...) would clearly see the only honorable thing to do at this point is 1) give the players a head start on something new, 2) give the university a head start on fumigating the stink, 3) give yourself the only shred of potential good will left to be earned AND take your ill-earned millions and get out of town. At this point Hawkins is just cementing his legacy as someone who cannot coach, cannot win football games at this level and cannot see the beyond his own stubborn self interest.

4. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Not to mention, resigning immediately would pretty much take all the heat off Cody for the next three games.

5. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

:rofl:

Here is your answer; $$$

6. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I would fify, but we don't have a sphincter emoticon to put next to $$$$'s....

7. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

$$$. Maybe. But he best have a good financial advisor because other than selling shoes or maybe used cars I can't imagine anyone ever giving him another job again. And money ain't ever gonna buy you respect or honor.

8. BuffGuy91

BuffGuy91 Well-Known Member

I really hope that he is removed from his duties this week if only for one reason. You know the crowd on Saturday is going to boo. And I would guess that 90-100% will be directed to the coaches. But unfortunately, the player may/will think that the boos are directed at them.

9. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Which, unfortunately, is right.

10. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Agree now. with all of the crap flying in the media, it has the potential to get ugly at Folsom over the next couple of weeks. Making the change now will alieviate it and you will get a totally different reaction from the fans. Time to do it is this week.