1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't worry guys, Phil's got this...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SuperD, Jun 27, 2013.

1. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_23555695/phil-distefano-stresses-importance-hiring-right-ad

Sigh...I'm probably just being petty, but they apparently just had the first committee meeting today. Am I correct in reading this that they want candidates to publicly interview with committee? Doesn't that typically mean you don't have a prayer of getting any high profile or legit candidate to sniff the job because they don't want their name attached and then not get the gig? Is there any other university that does their athletics business this way?

2. skinsfan55

skinsfan55 Club Member Club Member

I think you're right. It pretty much means we're only going to attract the desperate.

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Desperate AD's, AD's who are working in very small athletic departments right now, or assistant AD's.

4. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Indication that they want another "yes man". Bohn must have been getting too vocal.

5. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

AZ saying the committee is just for show and it's Benson's decision all the way, fwiw

6. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

If that is the case, where is the show? Wait a month to go through the motions.....<sarcasm font>Well played!</sarcasm font>

7. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Why do I get the sinking feeling this will go as well as Dr. Phil's last drive home from the bar?