1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Gottlieb Bubble Watch

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Bass, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Bass

Bass Club Member Club Member

Mentions CU first, basically states that we must win out the remaining 4 games to have a shot. That would put us at 8 wins out of last 9 with a top 50 RPI win.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7595729

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

worried that even if we win out it won't be enough to get in.

3. Bass

Bass Club Member Club Member

i agree. if we win out we'd need another win or 2 in pac tourney but if we even lose 1 think we'd need to get to tourney championship game to make it in, if my math is correct that would put us at 24 wins again and we all know that 24 wins is not a guarantee for the big dance.

4. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

It's a valid concern, and winning all 4 and then going and ****ing up in the first game of the Pac12 tournament would be a major problem. Winning 8/9 would be a major feather in our cap in the eyes of the committee, and Washington is going to be in the RPI top 50 when they win their next game, so that would give us 2 RPI 50 wins if we beat Cal. Just as important, most bubble teams are ****ing up big time right now.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I agree with Gottlieb for the most part.

Keep winning and this will take care of itself.

He's not really taking the Pac-12 tourney into consideration. Basically, I think we need to win enough games in these last 4 and in the P12T to get our RPI into the Top 50. That's the key number.