What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DP Reporting Embree being Retained

Reed Marks just tweeted:

@reedmarks: CU ADept will NOT confirm whether they will be bringing back Embree or not. Reason:no decision has been made yet. 2 many ppl still involved

That is the best news I have heard all month!!!! That means it is not a slam dunk. Nik was right there is still time.

Any suggestions Nik, et. all what the rest of us can do to help the cause?

Reed Marks just tweeted:

@reedmarks: CU ADept will NOT confirm whether they will be bringing back Embree or not. Reason:no decision has been made yet. 2 many ppl still involved

2 many ppl? Man up and making a ****ing decision.

That is the best news I have heard all month!!!! That means it is not a slam dunk. Nik was right there is still time.

Any suggestions Nik, et. all what the rest of us can do to help the cause?

Let the AD, Regents, etc. know that you will make a donation to fund the Embree buyout.

Reed Marks just tweeted:

Good on the one hand that they may still come to their senses and make a change, but terrible that the reason is having too many people involved...there should be 2 people involved, Embree and Bohn period.

Could this mean that Bieniemy is demoted(much easier job for same amount of money) and the thought of Stitt coming in(don't know how that will go but can't be worse).

Could this mean that Bieniemy is demoted(much easier job for same amount of money) and the thought of Stitt coming in(don't know how that will go but can't be worse).

Sounds like everything is up in the air. We are now hearing everything from JE may be back and if so, all 9 of his assistants would be gone to the AD is considering terminating JE altogether. Sounds like the situation is in flux. One of the recent Reed Marks tweets:

Expect no less than 3 changes 2 staff per inside source... HC decision has not bn made yet. ths story will take days 2 devlp

Good on the one hand that they may still come to their senses and make a change, but terrible that the reason is having too many people involved...there should be 2 people involved, Embree and Bohn period.

Unless the "many" include the donors who are going to fund the $2.25 million pay off.

I know this is a shi**y idea compared to what most of us want, but let's say the Admin wants to dump JE but for any number of reasons (the race card, Buffs4Life lobby, etc.) they don't feel they can yet.

What if, in that scenario, they brought in a very senior HC who has nothing to lose (I am thinking of someone like Bellotti or a Barnett). They demote Embree to OC but the HC should be someone with strong offensive chops. And of course a new DC.

The idea would be to train Embree and promote him once he proves he is ready (assuming he will be someday).

The semi-retired HC wouldn't care that he is grooming his potential replacement b/c he has almost written off entirely the idea of coaching anymore anyway.

I know this is a shi**y idea compared to what most of us want, but let's say the Admin wants to dump JE but for any number of reasons (the race card, Buffs4Life lobby, etc.) they don't feel they can yet.

What if, in that scenario, they brought in a very senior HC who has nothing to lose (I am thinking of someone like Bellotti or a Barnett). They demote Embree to OC but the HC should be someone with strong offensive chops. And of course a new DC.

The idea would be to train Embree and promote him once he proves he is ready (assuming he will be someday).

The semi-retired HC wouldn't care that he is grooming his potential replacement b/c he has almost written off entirely the idea of coaching anymore anyway.

Sounds truly awful.

Therefore, I'm sure they're considering that exact scenario as we speak.

When the goal becomes to facilitate one-man, rather than the team and the Buffs fanbase, we have lost our way.

Embree as OC? Lulz
I know I know. I am grasping here at ways to allow the Admin to have cover while putting someone else in charge. Embree has been an offensive position coach for many years. He certainly can't be a DC that is more than obvious. And he wouldn't accept a demotion to a position coach.

I agree it's a terrible idea but it's better (at least I think it is) than JE coming back and canning all 9 assistants.

What you propose has never been done before.. anywhere. It's unprecedented because it's such a bad idea. You're proposing we demote the HC with the idea of having him eventually becoming the HC again. I think we'd be better off with Embree coaching the team by himself next year.

When the goal becomes to facilitate one-man, rather than the team and the Buffs fanbase, we have lost our way.

:nod:

Rep this man.

Too much of the conversation is focused on what needs to be done to make Embree successful instead of what needs to be done to make CU football successful. This thing is being driven by the wrong priorities from the beginning.

What you propose has never been done before.. anywhere. It's unprecedented because it's such a bad idea. You're proposing we demote the HC with the idea of having him eventually becoming the HC again. I think we'd be better off with Embree coaching the team by himself next year.

I hear you and you could be right, but I bet we'd win more games next year w/ my proposal than with yours :)

The fact that there is talk about demoting any of the coaches is proof that they are over their heads and they should be fired.

Demote the HC to OC??? Is he agreeing to a $500,000 per year reduction in pay to go with that? Is EB going to take a huge paycut to not be the OC?

Maybe we can get GB, Slick, Simons, Mac, and a few other coaches to come in here and demote Embree to Head Coach In Training.

I'm so sick of the back to 1990 crowd. CU tried to appease the B4Life crowd and it failed. Now people are talking about a double down on the failed coaches, by bringing back someone else from the glory days?

:nod:

Rep this man.

Too much of the conversation is focused on what needs to be done to make Embree successful instead of what needs to be done to make CU football successful. This thing is being driven by the wrong priorities from the beginning.

I totally agree but there are obviously some powerful factions starting with Mac, the Buffs4Life community and much of the media they control, to keep Embree in power here. I am saying that if the AD doesn't have the cover to cut bait with Embree completely, I would way rather demote him and bring in someone to groom him (if he is groomable, and if not, w/ stipulations on performance of his unit, etc.) than for him to stay as HC, can all of his assistants, and let him once again choose his assistants and run the show.

We all know how that is going to end. All I am saying is if we can't get rid of Embree outright for any number of reasons, this could possibly be an alternative (far from the preferred of starting over now).

I know I know. I am grasping here at ways to allow the Admin to have cover while putting someone else in charge. Embree has been an offensive position coach for many years. He certainly can't be a DC that is more than obvious. And he wouldn't accept a demotion to a position coach.

So because he's been a offensive coach means he should be a OC? Embree needs to get the hell out of CU in any official capacity. He's clueless. He needs to go back to the NFL, same with EB. As Orr said, no more what we can do to make Embree successful but rather CU and keeping Embree as a coach here in any capacity is not doing that. Embree and EB had no issues leaving CU before, we shouldn't have any issues telling them to leave either.

Back