What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DP Reporting Embree being Retained

I am not sure why noone seems to get my point. If Bohn is UNABLE TO GET PERMISSION to can JE outright, is there a scenario better than letting him be HC one more year, failing miserably and starting over the year after?

Perhaps if they can't get rid of him that is the best scenario but I am just asking the question.

I am not sure why noone seems to get my point. If Bohn is UNABLE TO GET PERMISSION to can JE outright, is there a scenario better than letting him be HC one more year, failing miserably and starting over the year after?

Perhaps if they can't get rid of him that is the best scenario but I am just asking the question.

boyd,

I think people get your point. But this is not a situation where there is a workable compromise. It would be better for the AD & administration to stay out of Embree's business and let him make all decisions than it would to meddle in this way. Pick a guy to run your program who doesn't need to be babysat and let him run with it. What you propose is a political compromise that is the absolute worst direction CU football could go. That's not how you run a successful enterprise.

I don't think Bohn has to get permission unless it costs the university money. Benson is probably so disengaged right now he doesn't care, he's just counting down the days till he retires. This is where the boosters come in

I don't think Bohn has to get permission unless it costs the university money. Benson is probably so disengaged right now he doesn't care, he's just counting down the days till he retires. This is where the boosters come in
I'd be surprised if he can unilaterally make a decision on terminating a University employee who holds a long-term contract. (I have been a Uni Prof for some time and that kind of thing usually requires a committee approval).

Having said that, if all Bohn really needs is to secure the funding for the buyout, one would hope that some of the donors he's been hitting up for the facilities upgrades would come to the table b/c surely many of them are not supporting JE now even if they did in the past.

What's the best that could happen in your scenario? We demote Embree to HC trainee, hire Mac to teach him how to not suck dick, we win a game or two next year, we get Embree again as HC at a later date? Superb!

Ok. You guys convinced me. If Bohn can't or won't fire Embree, we are probably just better to let him fail miserably. We will just continue our crappy record and blowouts for one more year.

Have 1.5 years more of bad recruiting and then hopefully buck up next year and recruit a real HC. (which is why I say 1.5 years b/c maybe the new guy will bring enough cache w/ him that he can salvage next year's class).

This the scenario that concerns me. That the B4L Mac et al crowd is **** blocking Bohn from making a move. Threatening to withhold money, threatening to protect JE and EB. The politics of this could vicious.

This the scenario that concerns me. That the B4L Mac et al crowd is **** blocking Bohn from making a move. Threatening to withhold money, threatening to protect JE and EB. The politics of this could vicious.
I am convinced the politics of B4L and Mac are the only reasons Bohn did not already fire JE. That is why I was looking for alternative politically correct ways to get us out of the mess. But in the end I think the guys are right.

If Bohn doesn't get rid of JE this year, JE will get rid of himself next year due to another dreadful and embarrassing year. So worst case scenario we have 1 more year of pain but knowing that there is light at the end of the dark tunnel.

I am convinced the politics of B4L and Mac are the only reasons Bohn did not already fire JE. That is why I was looking for alternative politically correct ways to get us out of the mess. But in the end I think the guys are right.

If Bohn doesn't get rid of JE this year, JE will get rid of himself next year due to another dreadful and embarrassing year. So worst case scenario we have 1 more year of pain but knowing that there is light at the end of the dark tunnel.

problem with that is we are further into a hole that we may ever dig out of.....

much better.....although, would like to see their record on both sides of their horrible year.....

4-9 the year before, 5-7 the year after, so one game better than us the year before. They won the Holiday Bowl two years after.

Having said that, if all Bohn really needs is to secure the funding for the buyout, one would hope that some of the donors he's been hitting up for the facilities upgrades would come to the table b/c surely many of them are not supporting JE now even if they did in the past.

I'm sure he's going to be working those sources for the $$. But the other side of the situation is that raising money for the buyout at the expense of the facilities upgrades won't work either. He's got to find a way to fund both, I would think...

The good news here is that by all accounts, the B4L crowd aren't really significant donors. So unless they've got some of the money guys in their hip pocket, that's probably a bit of an empty threat on their part....

Back