What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Draft bust game

[video=youtube;5i5iV9Df--A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i5iV9Df--A[/video]

Mike Mamula - Pheagles.

Vernon Gholston looks like a pretty bad bust.

Disagree on Herschel Walker...he was pretty good in the USFL and his few years in Dallas. Guy wasn't all world as expected so I get the point he was somewhat disappointing, but he did have a 13year pro career and ranks 8th in total yards in NFL history. Now, you want to label him as worst trade ever, I'm down with that.

More edits...I checked the wiki page and the Cowboys spent a 5th rounder for him, he was all pro for them for a few seasons, then they traded him for several draft picks that turned out to be Emmet Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith, and Darren Woodsen. I would now argue that Herschel Walker was probably the single best draft pick in NFL history.

Last edited:
Aundray Bruce, one of the biggest busts ever. So bad at linebacker that he got moved to tight end. Was only drafted before Michael Irvin, Randall McDaniel, Thurman Thomas, Tim Brown, others.

on Nate Solder's ability absolutely disagree. On the TEAM's ability or perfomance last season yes I agree with Wilner. I know Nate didn't have a great game that day but that was one game in a great college career. So yes I do disagree with him.

I have a question that I've always wondered. Does Tony Boselli own a bunch of Mcdonalds here? Or is that a different Tony Boselli?

No idea, but his body type would suggest that buying Happy Meals wholesale, would save him some serious coin!

i remember Barney saying that Carr's throwing motion was too flat to succeed at the next level...compared to Harrington (who made 7-7 drills look easy against us).

turns out while Joey was a consummate human being that embarrassed Ghandi with his goodness and Thelonious Monk with his piano skills....and always making hot chocolate for his gf and orphans and the mistrodden....he wasn't good at the NFL.

I have a question that I've always wondered. Does Tony Boselli own a bunch of Mcdonalds here? Or is that a different Tony Boselli?

The guy who owns the McDonalds here is his dad. Tony jr. would have been a very wealthy guy had he never played a down of football. Dad owns franchises in the double figures range, don't know how many now. When I did some work with his company a long time back he had more than 13 stores, has opened more since.

The guy who owns the McDonalds here is his dad. Tony jr. would have been a very wealthy guy had he never played a down of football. Dad owns franchises in the double figures range, don't know how many now. When I did some work with his company a long time back he had more than 13 stores, has opened more since.

Thanks. I've been wondering for the last 15 years or so.

Wasn't Tommy Maddox the QB for only team ever to win an XFL championship? Hardly a bust for you diehard LA Xtreme fans out there.

But he has to be the worst Denver draft pick ever. And not even just because he was so bad - it didn't make any sense picking him when a serviceable backup to Elway was all we needed. And we passed up Carl Pickens. Elway to Pickens, are you kidding me? I still hate Reeves for that pick.

hurts to say this one, but.....

Michael Westbrook

If you mean Bust-ing up Stephen Davis' face. :lol:

4.jpg

No idea, but his body type would suggest that buying Happy Meals wholesale, would save him some serious coin!

I guess I could not call one of the best NFL linemen ever a bust and I would have to say you have not seen him lately. He is running Triathlons and does not have much extra fat.

I think Boselli is an investor in several Whataburger franchises in Florida.

I guess I could not call one of the best NFL linemen ever a bust and I would have to say you have not seen him lately. He is running Triathlons and does not have much extra fat.

My bad. You're right. I have not seen him lately. And really, my draft-related disgust toward him is misplaced anyway. He was obviously a very good lineman for a number of years, but injuries had pretty much ended his career when the Texans took him #1 the expansion draft. So we Texan fans were treated to a constant stream of, "he's going to be great once he heals from X injury." Which of course he never did. I think he might have even gotten a contract extension out of us. Sorry. Draft day is not usually a happy day for Texan fans. Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak have failed as talent evaluators. FACT!

Back