What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Draft Wrap: Andre Roberson is a Thunder

RSSBot

News Junkie
Yesterday, in my draft preview, I sided with the rising tide by predicting that Andre Roberson would ride his fantastic rebounding numbers and defensive flexibility into an early second round selection in Thursday's NBA Draft. I was wrong. In fact, 'Dre didn't get picked at any point in the second round.

In a draft filled with unexpected twists, 'Dre was, instead, selected in the ****ING FIRST ROUND by the Minnesota Timberwolves! That selection, 26th overall, was later traded, through the Golden State Warriors, to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Doubters be damned, 'Dre got exactly what he wanted. The first round selection comes with the security of a guaranteed contract (which, according to HoopsWorld.com, will be worth at least $2 million over his first two years), and the reigning Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year wound up on a fantastic team, to boot. Any questions about his decision to turn pro have been laid to rest.

Congratulations to Andre Roberson and his family! Ladies and gentlemen, it's celebration time!

I can't in good conscience say I'm shocked. Pre-draft momentum was on his side, and statisticians - who are, slowly but surely, take over the game - loved his profile, but a first round pick? I don't think anyone outside of the Roberson camp saw that coming.​

I was definitely surprised by the result, as was Coach Tad Boyle. The CU head man was honest back in April that he was against 'Dre turning pro this year, and was just as honest in receiving the news yesterday evening. Texting Roberson, Boyle submitted a mea culpa by saying, "What the hell do I know? Congratulations," and following up by telling CUBuffs.com's B.G. Brooks, “It absolutely surprises me, but I’m so proud of him. (It's) good for our program and our fans – everyone wins.”​

Indeed. Everyone wins. (Except for John Henderson. **** him.)​

GO BUFFS!
c-K-S-njjc8

Yesterday, in my draft preview, I sided with the rising tide by predicting that Andre Roberson would ride his fantastic rebounding numbers and defensive flexibility into an early second round selection in Thursday's NBA Draft. I was wrong. In fact, 'Dre didn't get picked at any point in the second round.

In a draft filled with unexpected twists, 'Dre was, instead, selected in the ****ING FIRST ROUND by the Minnesota Timberwolves! That selection, 26th overall, was later traded, through the Golden State Warriors, to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Doubters be damned, 'Dre got exactly what he wanted. The first round selection comes with the security of a guaranteed contract (which, according to HoopsWorld.com, will be worth at least $2 million over his first two years), and the reigning Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year wound up on a fantastic team, to boot. Any questions about his decision to turn pro have been laid to rest.

Congratulations to Andre Roberson and his family! Ladies and gentlemen, it's celebration time!

I can't in good conscience say I'm shocked. Pre-draft momentum was on his side, and statisticians - who are, slowly but surely, take over the game - loved his profile, but a first round pick? I don't think anyone outside of the Roberson camp saw that coming.​

I was definitely surprised by the result, as was Coach Tad Boyle. The CU head man was honest back in April that he was against 'Dre turning pro this year, and was just as honest in receiving the news yesterday evening. Texting Roberson, Boyle submitted a mea culpa by saying, "What the hell do I know? Congratulations," and following up by telling CUBuffs.com's B.G. Brooks, “It absolutely surprises me, but I’m so proud of him. (It's) good for our program and our fans – everyone wins.”​

Indeed. Everyone wins. (Except for John Henderson. **** him.)​

GO BUFFS!
c-K-S-njjc8

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back