1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Discussion in 'Games' started by dio, Nov 24, 2014.

1. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

So, I've been sick, and it was bad on Saturday. Thus, I bought Dragon Age on my X1 to bide the time while I laid around on the couch, not properly parenting my 8mo old daughter.

I wasn't interested in this game at all. I played the first Dragon Age, but didn't play the followups. I got tired of the Bioware penchant for on-rails RPG... smaller corridor maps, etc.

Bioware must have got the message, they opened it up in a big way. The world still isn't built as well as Skyrim, and it isn't as big or open as Skyrim was... but it is still a big place to explore, with lots going on.

Beyond that, they smartly implemented a huge meta-game. You manage this war, sending agents to perform certain missions, and then conclusions of this missions actually impact the maps in minor ways. Combat is fun and satisfying, and I find the crafting addicting without feeling like a grind.

Apparently you also get a castle or something, but I'm 15 hours in and I haven't seen it yet.

My only concern right now is the RPGing elements. It isn't very deep on the character development. You unlock new abilities or enhancements every level... but I don't see the big super powers or min/maxing potential in lots of RPGs, including Skyrim.

Would recommend if you like RPGs.

2. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I think I'm going to pick it up in a few months. (I have no time right now and I have games waiting to be played)

It sounds like it will be pretty fun. I know they have a real money gets you gear thing now. Does that make it any worse or does it not really matter?

3. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

dply likes this.
  4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I haven't seen any microtransactions yet......

I've read that the main quest is about 60 hours.... so you will need time.

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Yahtzee review:

[video=youtube;GH2hQKVMK9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH2hQKVMK9I[/video]

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

geez, he makes me hate every game.

7. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I don't think I have heard him say he liked any particular game. His style of review is pretty good for laughs though.

8. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Game is fantastic. I'm 30+ hours in and still have (hopefully) a long way to go. I've been pursuing just about every side quest out there.