What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dream Scenario

boydbuff

Club Member
Club Member
I was just thinking about this-and I am usually not vindictive but I like this scenario and it seems plausible (at least parts of it anyway:)

1.) BJ takes TN job
2.) BJ has a decent year next year
3.) Lane Kiffin gets fired end of 2013
4.) BJ, b/c he likes following other coaches, this time following in the footsteps of Kiffin, jumps ship at TN and takes Kiffin's job at USC
5.) We hire an up and coming star at CU this year
6.) 2014 we are not ranked and USC is
7.) CU smacks USC leading to BJ's eventual termination
8.) We end up winning the Pac 12 and go to the Rose Bowl
9.) CU's OC gets plucked to replace BJ at USC
10.) BJ applies to be the OC at CU
11.) Sorry BJ, try Cinci

I was just thinking about this-and I am usually not vindictive but I like this scenario and it seems plausible (at least parts of it anyway:)

1.) BJ takes TN job
4.) BJ, b/c he likes following other coaches, this time following in the footsteps of Kiffin, jumps ship at TN and takes Kiffin's job at USC
11.) Sorry BJ, try Cinci

:facepalm:

1.) BJ takes TN job
11.) Sorry BJ, try Cinci

This will happen, FACT.

1.) BJ takes TN job
11.) Sorry BJ, try Cinci

A plan worthy of Emily Thorne on ABC's Revenge.

My dream scenario is a bit simpler:

Tomorrow morning, Jones calls Tennessee and accepts the job.

They schedule a press conference to introduce him at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon.

Butch tells Cincy he's out, meets with his players and tells them the same. They react badly, basically chase him out of the locker room and out of Ohio.

Butch arrives in Knoxville for the presser. 2:00 comes, Tennessee AD postpones until 2:30

At 2:30, AD again reschedules until 3:00. Then 3:30, then 4:00....

At 3:55, Jones gets a call from the Tennessee AD. "Coach, we're sorry to tell you this, but we got a call this afternoon from Charlie Strong. He has reconsidered, we've been negotiating, and he has accepted a contract offer from us. As you know, he was our first choice, and we're going in that direction...."

Butch desperately starts calling Mike Bohn, who laughs in the phone and hangs up.

On Christmas Eve, Jones reaches an agreement to become the new coach at Florida International. 5 minutes before the press conference is to start, he gets a call from the FIU AD, who informs him that they have found a candidate they like better and are going in another direction. The press conference to introduce Jon Embree as their new head coach will begin in 30 minutes.

Butch tells Cincy he's out, meets with his players and tells them the same. They react badly, basically chase him out of the locker room and out of Ohio.

Butch arrives in Knoxville for the presser. 2:00 comes, Tennessee AD postpones until 2:30

At 3:55, Jones gets a call from the Tennessee AD. "Coach, we're sorry to tell you this, but we got a call this afternoon from Charlie Strong. He has reconsidered, we've been negotiating, and he has accepted a contract offer from us. As you know, he was our first choice, and we're going in that direction...."

Butch desperately starts calling Mike Bohn, who laughs in the phone and hangs up.

On Christmas Eve, Jones reaches an agreement to become the new coach at Florida International. 5 minutes before the press conference is to start, he gets a call from the FIU AD, who informs him that they have found a candidate they like better and are going in another direction. The press conference to introduce Jon Embree as their new head coach will begin in 30 minutes.

That's a good scenario too especially because he gets paid back for bad Karma much faster than my scenario.

Coincidentally, my dream scenario is the same, except he ends up having to take a job at a Cracker Barrel. After 3 weeks, he gets fired because the manager continually catches him trying to hide behind the serving carts when local sports reporters are in the restaurant for lunch.

Coincidentally, my dream scenario is the same, except he ends up having to take a job at a Cracker Barrel. After 3 weeks, he gets fired because the manager continually catches him trying to hide behind the serving carts when local sports reporters are in the restaurant for lunch.
I thought maybe he'd get fired because he got caught trying to get a job at the local Applebee's

My dream scenario is to watch CU win the MNC while I'm smoking a fat doobie and tended to by no less than 10 Playboy bunnies.

Butch Jones does not factor into my dream scenario.

Back