What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Drive For 105

But seriously, is three quarters of a billion dollars the expectation for a P5 AD endowment?

P12 Campus Endowments
Stanford - $22 billion
USC - $4.7B
Cal - $4B
UCLA -$3.5B
UDub - $3.1B
CU - $1.1B
Utah - $1B
Wazzou - $0.87B
Oregon - $0.72B
Arizona - $0.67B
ASU - $0.64B
OSU - $0.51B

Others
Harvard - $37.6B
Notre Dame - $10B
Texas A&M - $4.7B
tOSU - $3.6B
Texas - $3.3B
Wiscy - $2.5B
Florida - $1.6B
Nebraska - $1.5B
Baylor - $1.1B
Auburn - $0.64B
Bama - $0.63B
CSewe - $0.28B

Last edited by a moderator:
P12 Campus Endowments
Stanford - $22 billion
USC - $4.7B
Cal - $4B
UCLA -$3.5B
UDub - $3.1B
CU - $1.1B
Utah - $1B
Wazzou - $0.87B
Oregon - $0.72B
Arizona - $0.67B
ASU - $0.64B
OSU - $0.51B

Others
Harvard - $37.6B
Notre Dame - $10B
Texas A&M - $4.7B
tOSU - $3.6B
Texas - $3.3B
Wiscy - $2.5B
Florida - $1.6B
Nebraska - $1.5B
Baylor - $1.1B
Auburn - $0.64
Bama - $0.63B
CSewe - $0.28B
Thank you. I didn't know that was the case.

Thank you. I didn't know that was the case.

Not sure what the AD portion is within those numbers. But it's easier to see that Stanford has room to endow sports big time.

It's also telling that powerhouses like Bama and Auburn don't have very big endowments, yet succeed while Harvard is tripping over bags of money but doesn't seek P5 athletic glory when they could.

Seems simple to me. Harvard doesn't need a football team to convince kids to go there, auburn and Alabama do so they use their large parts of their endowment on the athletic department.

It's scary to think CU didn't have an athletic endowment before this. I would like to think RG wasn't the first to bring this up or at least put it in place. It's sickening to see the above list if this is true.

It's scary to think CU didn't have an athletic endowment before this. I would like to think RG wasn't the first to bring this up or at least put it in place. It's sickening to see the above list if this is true.
Fundraising has been an achilles heel for the ad since the late seventies.

UCLA Four-Deep, founded in 1988 with purpose of funding scholarships for each position on the football team four deep. Expanded to tennis, all sports.

According to UCLA wooden endowment page, average athletic endowment in Pac12 is $63M.

Athletic Endowment
UDub $60M
UCLA $32M
CU $28M

Last edited by a moderator:
End of November to end of February (3 months) went from $83,363,582 to $94,203,932 for an increase of $10,840,350. If those numbers (taken from this thread) are correct, $700k in 4 months would be the definition of "stalled".
I'd imagine it's this time of year is less conducive to raising money than during the football/basketball season. With, hopefully, some success in football, things will pick up in the fall.

I'd imagine it's this time of year is less conducive to raising money than during the football/basketball season. With, hopefully, some success in football, things will pick up in the fall.
I'm not worried about it; they seem to be doing a great job and hopefully will have reached the $105m by mid to end of the football season. Just pointing out that $700k over the course of 4 months shouldn't be viewed as solid growth.

RG's latest letter (email) made mention they still haven't hit the $105M goal yet. Things must have really slowed on the donation front.

RG's latest letter (email) made mention they still haven't hit the $105M goal yet. Things must have really slowed on the donation front.
Well they have already hit up the big big fish. I have confidence they will get to their goal. However it doesn't really matter, the fundraising will never be over. RG needs to keep building the endowment.

Need to get closer to tax time when the big guys are looking for deductions. Charity is a nice deduction.

I would assume that once the construction was done everyone backed off but now that there's some winning going on it's a good time to restart

Fundraising never stops.

I suspect they'll wrap up this campaign in another year or so. Then give it another two to three years before kicking it into gear again for the West side expansion/renovation. That project, if they do it right, will be about as expensive as this last one was. Lots of work to do to mirror the NE side on the NW side, close in the stadium, retrofit Balch, upgrade the press box, and (presumably) add another 10,000 or so seats to the West side.

Fundraising never stops.

I suspect they'll wrap up this campaign in another year or so. Then give it another two to three years before kicking it into gear again for the West side expansion/renovation. That project, if they do it right, will be about as expensive as this last one was. Lots of work to do to mirror the NE side on the NW side, close in the stadium, retrofit Balch, upgrade the press box, and (presumably) add another 10,000 or so seats to the West side.

Total bill probably similar, I'd think. Fortunately, much more of it can be justified as a university expense instead of an AD expense.

Total bill probably similar, I'd think. Fortunately, much more of it can be justified as a university expense instead of an AD expense.
True. The NW expansion could be used for non athletic department stuff like offices. It's really just for show over there anyway. Not enough room to actually duplicate the Champions Center. Put in some fan friendly amenities, offices, etc. maybe move Platis office from that little closet behind Balch. (Assuming that hasn't been done already).

Back