1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducks Out-Duel Buffs In Four

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by cmgoods, Nov 24, 2013.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

Read more...

2. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Too many mistakes today but the ones that really pissed me off were the glaring mistakes by the coaches in the first game. WTF was Kritza doing catching an in-play ball? Obviously she thought it had crossed outside the antenna and the play was dead but until the whistle blows it is in play. And her catching the ball was interference...point for Oregon. That cost the Buffs another chance at set point. And there was the dunderhead call by whichever assistant was calling the serves in game one. Why would you ever call for Cierra Simpson to try a short touch serve on set point when she had not served that way at all in the game and on such a critical point why ask a freshman to try to hit a risky serve??!! ARGH!!!!!!!

3. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

I didn't understand why should we even risk grabbing it. I know that it was only the first set, but it could have changed the whole match.

4. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Absolutely!! I am convinced that, had the Buffs won that first game, they would likely have won the match today. For the first 3 games, it was really very close. The other problem that contributed to the loss of the first game and the match, IMO, is that something happened to Kerra Schroeder's braced leg. After a time out, with CU ahead by 3 or so, Kerra did not go back out onto the court. Instead Emily Alexis went in to the back row followed by Ortiz-Ruiz when time came for that spot to rotate to the front row. CU promptly lost their lead before settling in with the replacements. But Kerra is much better than those two players, both for her passing and her smart hitting. They tried various players in that position for the rest of the match, with Kerra back in for a few points at the end of game 3 (which the Buffs won), but they definitely missed Kerra.

5. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Maybe we'll get a hot coach this time