What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dufault Playing With Athletes In Action

Glad he's doing this.

Hopefully, he'll make the same type of his strides in his game after doing Athletes in Action that Levi did before his senior year. Competition will raise his game and the European style really suits Austin's game. If we can count on him being one of those Euro big man types who can deliver consistent outside shooting and a high free throw percentage, it would be a major upside to the 2011-12 season. We really need Austin to consistently be the player we have seen flashes of.

"[FONT=Cambria, serif] The group will be coached by Baylor's director of basketball operations Tim Maloney."

?, not exactly Coach K. be nice if the makeup of the roster is such that AD gets some PT in a position where he's needed to score the ball and hit the glass. maybe that's the answer for AD, if Harris-T can give us a low post, maybe AD facing the basket a la a Euro big in a more high post position (insofar as that old timey terminology means much)....that's what he needs for a big, consistent sr. year. he's got a nice stroke. squares up, elevates, nice release.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
That's awesome for him, what an experience. Hope he has fun AND learns a lot from this! Go get em Austin!

Heard from a co-worker of mine that Austin will be doing a basketball camp for kids in Killdeer, ND in a few weeks and a few of his teammates might be going with him. He didn't know who would be joining him (nor was he even 100% confident that teammates would be with him), but if you have kids in the area you might want to check in to that.

Dufault Hopes European Trip Helps Game

"I think it will help a lot. I played all over, even point guard for five minutes during one game," Dufault said of his Athletes In Action experience. "It was great just to play a lot of positions on the court. And I built some confidence with my shooting and ball handling.

*snip*

After being forced to play center for three punishing seasons in the Big 12, Dufault might actually be able to play his natural position of forward in the Pac-12 with the expected return of 6-11 Shane Harris-Tunks from a knee injury.

"I'm very excited about Shane coming back," Dufault said. "Just as we left gym (Monday), he was in there getting shots up. It's exciting for me knowing we're going to have a big body down there and that I might possibly be able to move out of the center spot."

Exactly what I had hoped from Dufault. If we see more confidence in his shooting and ball handling, he is going to be a very effective player for us this year.

Back