What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Duke transfer Olek Czyz

coereg

This is an interesting prospect. There definitely is an outside/improbable chance that CU could get him anyway, but do you think coach BZ knows of this, and would entertain an opportunity to talk w/him?

Looks like Nevada is already on-board and will be meeting w/him (he's from Reno, NV of course), but CU could be a good fit for him, it's close to home, and in a MAJOR conference. You never know what a kid's interests might be.

http://http://bluedevilnation.net/2009/12/czyz-will-transfer-from-duke/

He's 6'7", 235lbs., and is a traditional wing forward who is being groomed as a power forward. He was very highly recruited by several of the top dogs.

Again, it's a slim chance that CU is even considering anything with this kid, but I like transfers and wondered what your thoughts might be.

Whoever get's on board with this kid, if they sign him within 30 days (from Dec. 17th), he wouldn't have to sit out an entire year and would be eligible to play the 2nd half of next season.

too bad Casey Crawford isn't blowing up and instead sort of off the map, because a nice recruiting pitch to another ACC transfer from a top southeast university could be that CU gets what you need....maybe not US News top 25 schools but very good academics if you go looking for it, playing time, one of the top conferences this year, Boulder, etc.

people on Duke sites think that he's headed to Nevada, and won't get attention from a major program. I'm not sure how much clout their opinions have, but one of the guys who's thinking Nevada is a solid information guy.

I think he's looking for PT, and he's open to any part of the country that will help him achieve that.

I also would not call him a traditional "wing forward". Perhaps our definitions are just off, but when I think of traditional wing, I think of shooters, particularly mid-range. This kid does not have a great shot. He is an athletic kid that can provide some energy and muscle. His handles aren't that great, so he's not going to put it on the floor to get by defenders. When he signed with Duke, fans were excited, because he was a raw prospect with intriguing athleticism. He still has that potential, but he will require coaching. I'm not saying he's a horrible shooter or dribbles with two left hands, but from what little I've seen, I just wouldn't be expecting much.

If I were Bz though, I'd take him. He's probably learned defense from Coach K, and if you can light a spark under him to play with intensity, he'd be a solid contributor.

Not that we ever were interested or that he was was interested in us - as this was just my personal recommendation and thinking...but Czyz has decided to transfer to Nevada as speculated when he decided to leave Duke.

Back