What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

E.Bienemy for HC

Donors....the FEW we do have that give to the program. The few that pay for the 50,000 dollar club suites. I never said we had a lot of donors or even ones with deep pockets, if we did then we wouldn't be in half the mess we are right now. But you cut off the small stream of revenue you do have to rely on and then you are REALLY ****ed.

Why do you think Bohn finally had to fire Hawkins after the KU debacle? He was getting so much pressure everywhere there was about to be people with pitch forks and torches outside Dal Ward. He needs to mend some fences with the alumni in order to get them back on board. Firing Hawk and replacing him with an unpopular choice will get him back to square 1. Hire a guy that has some strong potential, a love for the school and maybe some wallets will be opened.

Last edited:
Bellotti is not coming here Chromeburn he's not interested and we don't have enough money to pay him what he wants/deserves. As much as I'd like him to Miles isn't coming either. CU doesn't have the money or the cache currently to get a guy that has everything you are looking for in a coach so we have to get the guy that is the best fit for CU. Bellotti isn't it. My guess is that Bellotti waits for an opening at UCLA or to see if Harbaugh leaves Stanford for Michigan or an NFL gig. I think he does want to get back into the coaching gig especially in the Pac 12 but wants to go to the right school. Honestly, at this point in time, I think both of those jobs are more appealing than the rebuilding effort at CU.

Last edited:
Donors....the FEW we do have that give to the program. The few that pay for the 50,000 dollar club suites. I never said we had a lot of donors or even ones with deep pockets, if we did then we wouldn't be in half the mess we are right now. But you cut off the small stream of revenue you do have to rely on and then you are REALLY ****ed.

Why do you think Bohn finally had to fire Hawkins after the KU debacle? He was getting so much pressure everywhere there was about to be people with pitch forks and torches outside Dal Ward. He needs to mend some fences with the alumni in order to get them back on board. Firing Hawk and replacing him with an unpopular choice will get him back to square 1. Hire a guy that has some strong potential, a love for the school and maybe some wallets will be opened.

Don't be ridiculous. Bohn has never said any such thing.

I think Mike's speech at Dan's firing was a call to those dormant boosters to step up to the plate and right the ship.

Look at Bienemy back when he was with our staff. He got our players pumped and ready to play the game. If you have been to the game you have seen coach prince actually yell at players and be pumped during the game, unlike emotionless hawk.
He has had 8 years to go around, mature, and become a better coach.
Teams want him. There is a reason Lane wanted him at SC, and when he was at UCLA, texas tried to get him. These are big name programs.

EB will get the job done.
A yeller is no better than an even keeled guy. It’s all about winning. If you lose ballgames then people end up criticizing the guy for what he is not, no matter what he is. Yellers have won big and the calm guys have won big. It’s a personal style that does not really have any impact on winning or losing.

^^^^^

Back in the fireronzook.com days at Florida, the fans complained that he was too emotional on the sidelines. I actually to prefer a calm, collected strategist, personally, but am delighted with anybody who wins football games.

Bellotti was an early favorite of mine, but now not so much. I still remember Ellen whipping the Ducks in the Cotton Bowl in '96 and again in the Hawaii Bowl in '98 or '99. Anybody who can't outcoach Ellen with Nike $$$ backing him up isn't all that.

Bellotti is not coming here Chromeburn he's not interested and we don't have enough money to pay him what he wants/deserves. As much as I'd like him to Miles isn't coming either. CU doesn't have the money or the cache currently to get a guy that has everything you are looking for in a coach so we have to get the guy that is the best fit for CU. Bellotti isn't it. My guess is that Bellotti waits for an opening at UCLA or to see if Harbaugh leaves Stanford for Michigan or an NFL gig. I think he does want to get back into the coaching gig especially in the Pac 12 but wants to go to the right school. Honestly, at this point in time, I think both of those jobs are more appealing than the rebuilding effort at CU.

Does be so quick to dismiss them. Bohn talked to Belotti and he didn't seem positive, but he didn't seem reluctant either. He said he wanted to do some more research, which means he probably wants to wait and see what else is out there. But it wasn't a no, you never know with these cases. I bet one of the schools that contacted him was Michigan.

And I thought Les Miles was out of the question till I read this article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hy-lsus-head-coach-might-be-a-buffalo-soldier

It makes some interesting points. There are other coaches out there, just because a few assistants show some interest doesn't mena they should hand the program over.

I really see little benefit to suddenly hiring an inexperienced coach in Bieniemy. Maybe the guy can recruit but can he coach, can he lead a team. And besides if he doesn't win he won't be able to recruit anyway. If EB is hired I will root for him, but I can't help but wonder is he isn't a stop gap till Miles becomes available. And with the new Pac 12 money, we will be able to afford better coaches in the future.

I tried to break those up better for you Walrus.

Not all head coaches run the offense. A ton of D/O coordinator experience is not a necessity.

No, but it would make it incredibly important for EB to bring in a top notch staff. If he's going to be HC, lets not even talk about the idea of Embree as OC and Alfred Williams or somebody like that as DC...

Back