What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

E-Mail The Regents Unless Calhoun Is Who You Want As Head Coach

Atleast he gets his players to show up and play hard. He does have NFL experience but i dont
think he wants to leave Air force for another college job

https://www.cu.edu/regents/RgntsPUB0101.html

Bohn , DiStefano and Benson are whimps... they want a safe NON- "CU family" hire...
Calhoun is their target. If you seriously want to make a difference send all of the regents
an e-mail telling them that they do have some power to make the correct choice.

Where are you getting the idea that Calhoun is their target? Or that they WANT a non "CU family" hire??

Personally, I think the worst thing fans can do is try to stampede the AD into taking the safe route, which is a "CU family" hire, without during a full search of all candidates.

It's not too late. Bohn is too worried about saving his ass so he's looking for the 'safe' white guy pick-
Benson wants a clean cut, Dudley Do Right and none of them want Mac or EB. Please send those e-mails to the regents as Bohn, DiStef & Benson won't forward any proof there's pro Mac or EB sentiment in Buff land.

It's not too late. Bohn is too worried about saving his ass so he's looking for the 'safe' white guy pick-
Benson wants a clean cut, Dudley Do Right and none of them want Mac or EB. Please send those e-mails to the regents as Bohn, DiStef & Benson won't forward any proof there's pro Mac or EB sentiment in Buff land.

What should have happened, and did not, was that someone should have run against the current regents that would have applied campaign pressure to return football to where we were in the 90s. Without that the current Regents, most of whom are incumbents, were soundly reelected and probably sense this is a non issue outside of tailgates and season ticket holders.

It's not too late. Bohn is too worried about saving his ass so he's looking for the 'safe' white guy pick-Benson wants a clean cut, Dudley Do Right and none of them want Mac or EB. Please send those e-mails to the regents as Bohn, DiStef & Benson won't forward any proof there's pro Mac or EB sentiment in Buff land.

Yep, because hiring the guy who won a national championship at your school certainly wouldn't be the safe route. Or is Mac black these days????

Where are you getting the idea that Calhoun is their target? Or that they WANT a non "CU family" hire??

Personally, I think the worst thing fans can do is try to stampede the AD into taking the safe route, which is a "CU family" hire, without during a full search of all candidates.
LMFAO- they aren't really doing a 'full' search... tunnel vision is rearing it's ugly head once again... sound like Belotti is DiStefano's #1 choice but doesn't sound like the feeling is mutual so Calhoun is next on the list.

FWIW- AD Mike Bohn thinks Calhoun IS the safe hire..... that's the problem !!!!!!!!!

LMFAO- they aren't really doing a 'full' search... tunnel vision is rearing it's ugly head once again... sound like Belotti is DiStefano's #1 choice but doesn't sound like the feeling is mutual so Calhoun is next on the list.

FWIW- AD Mike Bohn thinks Calhoun IS the safe hire..... that's the problem !!!!!!!!!

Again, how do you know all this?? You been talking to BCS' sources?? :lol:

panic.gif

Why would we want Calhoun? Is it because his players have stayed out of trouble? If that is the case, I will question both Benson and Bohn's sanity because the United States Air Force Academcy makes sure that the cadets are not trouble makers and those cadets already go through training in late June after they graduate from high school and after a month or two in training, football practice begins. AFA Cadets, just like military dudes, are expected to stay in good shape and stay out of trouble. Now can we honestly have the same level of expectations of Cadets for your usual college students? You got to be kidding me if that is the case.

Will Calhoun find similar success at CU? It could be a YES if Calhoun can recruit kids who are not trouble makers, good students, and the types that really buy into a program. I don't know Oregon State well enough but it seems like they play very well for a team that seems to be filled with more three star kids than four or five star kids. I looked at the number of stars that the Beavers tend to get and it seems like their classes are similar to ours since I see mostly three star players and not many four or five star players. Given the realities of CU recruiting, we might be recruiting a lot of three star players for the forseeable future and isn't that why Dan Hawkins was visiting Oregon State just before the Buffs joined the Pac-10?

I don't think that our next hire needs to be a "CU Family" guy. I just want the best guy for the job.

Bravo! Will Mac and EB be the best fit for the Buffs in the Pac-12 not the Buffs in the Big 12 or Big 8? I don't think it has hit many CU fans that the Buffs will be in the Pac-12 next year and I'm one of them. But one question we need to ask is what is different from the typical Big 12 recruit versus the Pac-12 recruit? Or does our current recruiting practices allow us to be successful in the Pac-12?

Looks like my rantings of Friday were right on target. Guess I'll be sending a mass email in the 'morrow.

I SWEAR WE HAVE THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF ****ING IDOTS RUNNING THIS UNIVERSITY!
and I'm of sound mind as I write this!

it's no secret that Bohn wants to go "out of family" ... Belotti fits the bill as the #1 choice but as I said it looks like Belotti isn't that interested so Calhoun is the target.
You don't have to believe me but if Calhoun isn't your choice e-mailing all regents would be a good idea

it's no secret that Bohn wants to go "out of family" ... Belotti fits the bill as the #1 choice but as I said it looks like Belotti isn't that interested so Calhoun is the target.
You don't have to believe me but if Calhoun isn't your choice e-mailing all regents would be a good idea
So what exactly did you hear on TOOS?

Didn't Bohn do a stint at AFA at the time Calhoun was there? Maybe this is a wag the dog kind of thing to get his old friend some name recognition.
Troy was the QB at AF while Bohn was just starting out as an intern.

I completely forgot Bohn started out there. I hope you're wrong on this, MB.

Last edited:
So what exactly did you hear on TOOS?

sounds like Neinas is once again involved (the one making contact) and has called Belotti, Calhoun & Mac

Belotti #1 choice but he doesn't look to be all that interested
Calhoun #2 choice
Mac a distant 3rd .... an "if all else fails" choice

don't e-mail displeasure to Bohn, DiStef or Benson..... go directly to regents

**** you Bohn and **** you Calhoun. The ****ing Air Force coach is our hire? ARe you ****ing serious? What a ****ing joke.

it's not over...

lots of pressure from donors and former players but I trust nobody in charge up there

Back