What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

E-Mail The Regents Unless Calhoun Is Who You Want As Head Coach

My criteria would be:

1. proven head coach somewhere that has BUILT a better program, overachievement a must.
2. a guy who will handle one side of the ball. Either D or O, don't care which, but needs to have been a coordinator.
3. Can bring or hire a key assistant to run the other side of the ball, and some other good ones. No more learning on the job (Kiesau and Helfrich)

Haven't done the research yet on Calhoun. Would elevate Hoke, Patterson, guys like that to top of the list. Would also consider top coordinators.
African American and personality is a plus. EB's inexperience is a huge negative. Could be a huge home run though with the right coordinators.

Who they would bring with them would have to be part of the criteria. An offer should be contingent on assistants having offers as well that they have verbally agreed to.

If any of this is true, it just points out that Mike Bohn is not the man for the AD job at CU. He may go down as the man who destroyed CU athletics.

I'm just trying to make sure that we're not about to go Jonestown based on the Rivals/BuffChips/AZ equivalent.... :lol:
If you want to put your head in the sand then go ahead. It's just strange to see just about every site go ape**** over Calhoun within a couple of days. That's all I'm trying to say.

Dear Regents,

I read about a rumor of a rumor on a website that was posted by some morons who pay to hear gossip and well... Anyway, they said Troy Calhoun of AFA is going to be the guy because you are afraid of the bad press that Eric Bieniemy may bring when you aren't able to control everything that comes out of his mouth?

For some reason I don't think that email will be taken to heart.

Hmmm, let's see here...

First Mens BBall coach hired from (Air Force) Colorado Springs, CO
Second Mens BBall coach hire from (N. Colorado) Greeley, CO
Second Womens BBall coach hire from (Metro St.) Denver, CO
Second Football coach hire from...???...there seems to be a pattern forming here. good or bad?

I can't really say look outside the state though because the two that were from out of state were not good and were fired and the first hire from CO was good but left so, who knows. Maybe we are on the right path with all the CO hires.

edit; P.S. Mac is from Boulder, CO...I'm just sayin' :)

Last edited:
If you want to put your head in the sand then go ahead. It's just strange to see just about every site go ape**** over Calhoun within a couple of days. That's all I'm trying to say.

But does that mean that every site knows that Bohn has locked in on nice, safe, white Troy Calhoun because every site has inside knowledge about that, or does that mean that such a story got started and every site started freaking out about it like this one is??

I'm just finding it very curious that we've got an all out e-mail campaign and total meltdown going on over the certainty that it's Calhoun, but nobody is willing to say how they're so sure that it's Calhoun....

Whoever we get, his strongest point better be that he is a kick ass recruiter.

After that he needs to know how to motivate people and bring some fire to the program. Then some discipline would be nice so we don't get all these stupid penalties that bury us from the start and he needs to bring some coaches that know Xs and Os.

But does that mean that every site knows that Bohn has locked in on nice, safe, white Troy Calhoun because every site has inside knowledge about that, or does that mean that such a story got started and every site started freaking out about it like this one is??

I'm just finding it very curious that we've got an all out e-mail campaign and total meltdown going on over the certainty that it's Calhoun, but nobody is willing to say how they're so sure that it's Calhoun....

One thread qualifies this as a Meltdown? Wow. Times have changed here at AllBuffs.

Calhoun is high on Bohn's list. I'm not sure why, but he is.

One thread qualifies this as a Meltdown? Wow. Times have changed here at AllBuffs.

Calhoun is high on Bohn's list. I'm not sure why, but he is.

Three threads, by my count. Full to the brim with drama, pleas for e-mails, etc...

I don't doubt that he's a candidate. Possibly even a strong one. I do VERY much doubt that Bohn has locked in on anybody, particularly a coach who is still in-season and not even available for interview.

Three threads, by my count. Full to the brim with drama, pleas for e-mails, etc...

I don't doubt that he's a candidate. Possibly even a strong one. I do VERY much doubt that Bohn has locked in on anybody, particularly a coach who is still in-season and not even available for interview.
Bohn has already made contact. I have no doubt in my mind on that.

Three? What about BCS's thread about "Hire Calhoun Now"? That makes four. Doom.

Bohn has already made contact. I have no doubt in my mind on that.

Three? What about BCS's thread about "Hire Calhoun Now"? That makes four. Doom.

Fine. There has been no sudden eruption of hysteria over Calhoun or the idea that Bohn has locked in on him tonight. Move along. Nothing to see here.

HAHA Bohn on 9news right now says "but there are so many great candidates right here in the area."

uh-oh

lol

Bohn did just say on 9news that "there are many great candidates in the local area" when asked about Mac. Could be laying the groundwork.

There was an argument on the radio about Bohn hiring Mac. I believe the guy asked if it would be smart to hire the guy that could one day replace you. Smart move?

FWIW- this info was not AZ's so **** off

Strange, then, how it is almost a verbatim regurgitation of what I've read on his site over the past several days. Amazing coincidence. You and AZ must have the same sources. Maybe you should start a site and charge for your scoop? I bet if you undercut him by charging $4 a month that you'd steal all his business.

Strange, then, how it is almost a verbatim regurgitation of what I've read on his site over the past several days. Amazing coincidence. You and AZ must have the same sources. Maybe you should start a site and charge for your scoop? I bet if you undercut him by charging $4 a month that you'd steal all his business.
I am so sure Bohn is doing this just to **** with us.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in...

080730-f-0558k-003.jpg

Back