What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

E-Mail The Regents Unless Calhoun Is Who You Want As Head Coach

My apologies to AZ and Sly. I should have kept the info over at buffscoop but thought that this info leak may be best for the future of Colorado football.

I'd imagine you dont need to apologize, I assume they want as many people as possible to see this with some hope it affects the outcome.

This is a serious ****ing allegation and one that should not be made without any evidence backing it up.
Strongly agree. It serves no purpose other than to harm CU athletics. Stuff like this makes the moniker "internet scum" more appropriate and less offensive.

Last edited:
I would not typically post like this but, I do want to reiterate that I warned those of you who listened on Saturday night to G's postgame show that you will hear a lot about Troy Calhoun this week. There are many factors that lead into my decision to put that out during the show, but, I want to highlight one of the main reasons why I reported it.

Say what you want about AZ and his scoop, but for some reason he has a ton of followers. Some of you guys on this board even pay his site and follow his news/scoop and report it on other sites. I do not know why, but he and some of his "sources" have a hard on for Mike Bohn and have for some time. I was tipped that he was preparing to post another call to arms email campaign this weekend and knew it would make its way onto all of the other boards. Further, there is going to be at least one, if not two articles this week that skew the story in a direction towards Calhoun. Put these factors together and you have what I reported on Saturday night.

I am not saying that Troy Calhoun will not end up with the job in the end. But some of the stuff in this thread, mostly posted by the OP is just flat out incorrect. I have nothing personal against the OP or AZ for that matter but felt the need to call this to everyone's attention. There are many good sources on all of the CU msg boards, I just do not believe that AZ is one of them. I would much prefer to pay lefthand or patr at rivals or some other on this board. I don't know AZ personally but do know some of his sources. He routinely takes liberties with the info he is presented with. It really bothers me when a guy like that asks us, the fans to send emails to regents to stop something that just isn't the case.

Thanks for your time.

Reed Marks

I would not typically post like this but, I do want to reiterate that I warned those of you who listened on Saturday night to G's postgame show that you will hear a lot about Troy Calhoun this week. There are many factors that lead into my decision to put that out during the show, but, I want to highlight one of the main reasons why I reported it.

So is there any way for those of us who didn't stay up to listen to your show can find out just what your "scoop" was?

current photo of az and sly
line-o-rama-ralph-wiggum-20090423033832625-000.jpg

Say what you want about AZ and his scoop, but for some reason he has a ton of followers. Some of you guys on this board even pay his site and follow his news/scoop and report it on other sites. I do not know why, but he and some of his "sources" have a hard on for Mike Bohn and have for some time. I was tipped that he was preparing to post another call to arms email campaign this weekend and knew it would make its way onto all of the other boards. Further, there is going to be at least one, if not two articles this week that skew the story in a direction towards Calhoun. Put these factors together and you have what I reported on Saturday night.

I am not saying that Troy Calhoun will not end up with the job in the end. But some of the stuff in this thread, mostly posted by the OP is just flat out incorrect. I have nothing personal against the OP or AZ for that matter but felt the need to call this to everyone's attention. There are many good sources on all of the CU msg boards, I just do not believe that AZ is one of them. I would much prefer to pay lefthand or patr at rivals or some other on this board. I don't know AZ personally but do know some of his sources. He routinely takes liberties with the info he is presented with. It really bothers me when a guy like that asks us, the fans to send emails to regents to stop something that just isn't the case.

Thanks for your time.

Reed Marks

What kind of post is that? You didn't even call for someone to get fired? I have it on good authority that Mike Bohn is using only a Ouiji board a lucky penny when determining who to hire and truth be told, he will likely break any tie with spirited game of eeny-meeny-miney-moe!:smile2:

:lol: This thread is funny. And the freakout is awesome. Don't let your blood-pressure get too high, Buff fans. All will be well.

[video=youtube;USHHQRodF88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USHHQRodF88&NR=1[/video]
[video=youtube;_49iNqxOnH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_49iNqxOnH4[/video]

Calhoun among good company.

Semifinalists for the 1st Paterno Award

Beamer, Frank, Virginia Polytechnic Institute
Bielema, Bret, University of Wisconsin
Calhoun, Troy, United States Air Force Academy
Ferentz, Kirk University of Iowa
Fitzgerald, Pat, Northwestern University
Harbaugh, Jim, Stanford University
Niumatalolo, Ken, United States Naval Academy
O'Brien, Tom, North Carolina State University
Patterson, Gary, Texas Christian University
Petersen, Chris, Boise State University
Pinkel, Gary, University of Missouri
Shannon, Randy, University of Miami, Florida
Stoops, Bob, University of Oklahoma
Tressel, Jim, Ohio State University
Whittingham, Kyle, University of Utah

http://www.maxwellfootballclub.org/news/2010-joseph-v-paterno-award-semifinalists

They're already naming awards after JoePa? Anyone tell them he's not dead yet?

And JoePa's not even a candidate for his own damn award?

Thanks for your time.

Reed Marks

when you say 'articles' I assume you mean further posts from AZ &/or Sly ?

& IF some articles will be in the Post or BDC slanted towards Calhoun why isn't "it the case?"

Last edited:
when you say 'articles' I assume you mean further posts from AZ &/or Sly ?

I'm assuming that he knows of some things that are going to be written in the DP or BDC.

When he said it on the show, he also said that Woody Paige is being fed some of the more reliable info (presumably because he's the biggest national voice in the Denver metro [my personal opinion on why Woody]).

I'm assuming that he knows of some things that are going to be written in the DP or BDC.

When he said it on the show, he also said that Woody Paige is being fed some of the more reliable info (presumably because he's the biggest national voice in the Denver metro [my personal opinion on why Woody]).

I don't understand what's going on. Is there a group out there pushing for Calhoun (local media) VS. those who want EB or Mac? (ex-players, AZ, Sly)

I don't understand what's going on. Is there a group out there pushing for Calhoun/Logan (local media) VS. those who want EB or Mac? (ex-players, AZ, Sly)

Fify

Neither are realistic candidates in my opinion, they are just being propped up by the local media.

I stand corrected.

Is Neinas being consulted in any way? I know Mike is close to Chuck. It would be surprising if he wasn't involved in any way.

Bohn made a comment that made it sound like he wouldn't be formally retained. But there have been internet reports that Neinas is helping Bohn in an informal capacity to reach out to a few candidates (saw that on AZ's and I think somewhere else). It makes sense. But I haven't heard this directly from anyone.

Back