What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

E-mailed Football survey to season ticket holders

Here is one link 'Tini - we can do this all day long. The point I am making is how we have expensive seats in a crappy WWII era stadium with absolutely embarrassing public restrooms. Don't even get me started on the crappy outdated field house.

Most of the stadium is like my neighbors house. Everything is a beautiful facade on the outside...then when you go inside it looks old, outdated, rusty, etc.

$65 will sit you on the 50 yard line. Here $65 will get you the upper deck of the end-zone.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...pc=&caller=&appCode=&cgc=&prc=&ppc=&psc=&sm=1

Last edited:
Yeah buffedup the tickets are not that expensive, as a former UCLA season ticket holder I can tell you that their tickets were the same price as ours are today 6 years ago, I can also tell you Nebraska tickets are far more expensive than ours, my relatives pay roughly what i do to sit in 118 for their endzone seats. Our concessions are also inline with if not cheaper than the other stadiums in have recently been to:

Furd
Cal
UCLA
USC
Lincoln

The issues as i see them are two fold, far and away the #1 is product on the field. #2 to me is fan experience: they need to focus on making the game day easier and more enjoyable.

You talkin to me?

It really shouldn't be this hard.

Steps for the offseason for the AD.

1) Refurbish Folsom. Paint, repair, replace. Bring in a few TV's into the field house. Update the ridiculously out of date WW2 era speakers.
2) Fix the student entrance. Rebuild or re-organize the entrance and provide incentive for the students to be there, and to be there early.
3) Re-organize the tailgate rules and regs. Create a clear list of what is allowed, what is not allowed, and leave the tailgaters alone. None of this mixed communications from the PD.
4) Create a facilities upgrade road map. Launch a website. Put up some pretty pictures. Track and display progress in real time towards reaching our fundraising goal. Provide a pay-pal link to donate. Make it simple stupid.
5) Individually contact each season ticket holder. Thank them for their support. Remind them how much they mean to the university. Invite them all to a "town hall" session where concerns can be addressed by the AD with a 3 or 4 hour Q&A session. Bring in Rick George, Benson and Distephano.

Well put! I would add, replace the lame current food service vendor with more decent options. Local or national. Simply no reason to serve crap at the games, let the market work for CU and the customer. Frankly pretty simple stuff. The disrepair of the stadium including just painting the place is embarrassing.

I noticed a cop taking pictures of the Allbuffs Sackgate - watched him take pics of the 'booze table' but he never came over and said anything. I'm thinking his job was to report back to somebody showing evidence of all the booze at tailgates. Something is brewing I believe and I bet it's not good.

I guess I missed the campus cop at Sackygate. He must have been their early. I did see them having words with some of the tailgaters on the east end of Farrand. If they want to make something of it, the answer to that is keep the booze out of site.

Well put! I would add, replace the lame current food service vendor with more decent options. Local or national. Simply no reason to serve crap at the games, let the market work for CU and the customer. Frankly pretty simple stuff. The disrepair of the stadium including just painting the place is embarrassing.

You know what would really be unique and a cool way to engage some more of the community? Bring in food trucks. Instead of the vendors in the plaza by the buff statue, bring in 5 or 6 different food trucks each game. They have to agree to take credit cards in order to participate. Keep the centreplate or whatever it is, inside the field house until we get permanent concessions after the rebuild, but give some interesting choices outside.

Here is one link Quatro - we can do this all day long. The point I am making is how we have expensive seats in a crappy WWII era stadium with absolutely embarrassing public restrooms. Don't even get me started on the crappy outdated field house.

$65 will sit you on the 50 yard line. Here $65 will get you the upper deck of the end-zone.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomm...pc=&caller=&appCode=&cgc=&prc=&ppc=&psc=&sm=1

surprised texas single game tickets are sop cheap, that said the section you quoted has 1 seat open in it.

You know what would really be unique and a cool way to engage some more of the community? Bring in food trucks. Instead of the vendors in the plaza by the buff statue, bring in 5 or 6 different food trucks each game. They have to agree to take credit cards in order to participate. Keep the centreplate or whatever it is, inside the field house until we get permanent concessions after the rebuild, but give some interesting choices outside.

Food trucks are an awesome idea. There is an awesome food truck scene in Denver bring them down to boulder. AD should also invite some fun food vendors like the newly opened VooDoo Donuts down to the game.
Honestly how hard would it be to provide a big tail gate area and bring in food trucks into that area as well?

Food trucks are an awesome idea. There is an awesome food truck scene in Denver bring them down to boulder. AD should also invite some fun food vendors like the newly opened VooDoo Donuts down to the game.
Honestly how hard would it be to provide a big tail gate area and bring in food trucks into that area as well?

The ducks host a huge tailgate every week for donors INSIDE their new practice facility. It is one of the reason I was so excited when I saw the original plans to put the IPF on the northern edge of franklin field.

$38 - $53 = 50 yard line... #5 in the country... what are we ranked??

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...ler=&appCode=&cgc=http://&prc=&ppc=&psc=&sm=1

You know that Baylor tarped off half their stadium because attendance was so bad, right?

They actually should stand as a strong warning to us, in football crazed Texas not far from the DFW metro-plex, with decent donor backing and coming of an era of a super-star QB, a top-25 ranked team, and cheap tickets they aren't drawing ****.

That could be our future if we burn the core fans out with this continued horse-****.

Good thought.

An example: Chick Fil-A ran a booth inside and it was packed! Revenue share. There is "money in them there hills". Money strengthens budgets and translates to attracting both talent and fans.

Make it happen Rick G! I know you can do it!

It was good to see the brought the Program Council director down to the field as well. Tharp used to treat program council terribly but those were different times. The new reality is that the Herd and Program Council are some of the strongest student groups in the country. Athletics should be treating them like best friends and mining both of them for ideas on how to get students to games.

What would The Junta think about Allbuffs trying to host an online q&a with Rick George? Kinda like they do on Reddit. Would need a few mods to monitor it to keep the idots away, but I think as one of the largest groups of die-hard buff fans, it would be a good way to interact with the new AD.

You know that Baylor tarped off half their stadium because attendance was so bad, right?

They actually should stand as a strong warning to us, in football crazed Texas not far from the DFW metro-plex, with decent donor backing and coming of an era of a super-star QB, a top-25 ranked team, and cheap tickets they aren't drawing ****.

That could be our future if we burn the core fans out with this continued horse-****.
why I linked em... Went from crap to decent to pretty damn good, and your point is correct.
CU is working on chasing the few supportive and die hard core fans away. Like Black&Gold mentioned earlier, some fans will not look back once the breaking point is reached. There are way to many things out there for people to spend their hard earned time and money on.

Last edited:
What would The Junta think about Allbuffs trying to host an online q&a with Rick George? Kinda like they do on Reddit. Would need a few mods to monitor it to keep the idots away, but I think as one of the largest groups of die-hard buff fans, it would be a good way to interact with the new AD.

There are many ideas on this board, and a few are not half bad.

I think the most irritating thing about all of this is the way the AD is keeping the entire fund raising process hidden. Why aren't they yelling from the mountain tops that they need more money, and showing how much more they need? It blows my mind that they don't have a website with a facilities master plan and one of those fundraising thermometers. Gives us a goal to try and reach. Show the current balance at the start of each game, tell people where they can donate during the game, and then show us how much they collected at the end of the game.

Either the people running the facilities project are completely incompetent, or George/Bohn are/have been dealing with an admin that is unwilling to work with them, making the goal of actually improving facilities so difficult that they can't announce even the smallest amount of progress.

looking more and more like a bunch of over paid administrators hooking up their buddies

Can somebody tell me what, exactly, Rick George has done that is better than what we had with Mike Bohn? He pulled off getting Charleston Southern in here on short notice. I give him all the credit in the world for that. I suspect Bohn could have done the same, but there's no way of knowing for sure (can't prove a negative and all that). Still, I'm not seeing a marked improvement in any aspect of the athletic department. The tailgating situation remains a mess, we have no idea what is going on with the facilities, students are avoiding Folsom like the plague, and there's a general sense of total apathy regarding the athletic department as a whole.

Maybe we need to start bombarding the top with emails again? That worked out pretty good for us last time.

Can somebody tell me what, exactly, Rick George has done that is better than what we had with Mike Bohn? He pulled off getting Charleston Southern in here on short notice. I give him all the credit in the world for that. I suspect Bohn could have done the same, but there's no way of knowing for sure (can't prove a negative and all that). Still, I'm not seeing a marked improvement in any aspect of the athletic department. The tailgating situation remains a mess, we have no idea what is going on with the facilities, students are avoiding Folsom like the plague, and there's a general sense of total apathy regarding the athletic department as a whole.

You do realize that Mike Bohn had a whole years notice when he actually let Miami (Oh) out of their contract... and then scheduled a Friday away game vs Toledo on 5 days rest? So in this particular situation.... RG>>>>>>>>>>>>>MB. It's too early to tell on anything else. It's only been 70 days

He did state he would take 90 days to evaluate the AD, before introducing his plan. We are currently at day 77. I think he does need that time, and we do need to show some patience with him, however I did not expect radio silence.

Valid question. I was initially pretty excited about the hire, but I can't see a shred of progress so far. I thought "Surely he will find some quick fixes to annoyances like tailgating, sound, etc to get people excited." That really hasn't been the case. We'll see where he goes from here.

I know everyone is frustrated, but Rick George needs way more time. I've been through a few acquisitions and our estimate was that it took three years to change the acquired company's culture to match our own. Now, the CU AD is smaller scale than what I'm talking about, but expecting change in 90 days is asking too much imho.

I know everyone is frustrated, but Rick George needs way more time. I've been through a few acquisitions and our estimate was that it took three years to change the acquired company's culture to match our own. Now, the CU AD is smaller scale than what I'm talking about, but expecting change in 90 days is asking too much imho.

To add to this, it isn't like CU gave him an open checkbook and said spend money and fix it. CU tells him that he is several million in debt to the university and they will not forgive the debt, and then tells him to fix it.

To add to this, it isn't like CU gave him an open checkbook and said spend money and fix it. CU tells him that he is several million in debt to the university and they will not forgive the debt, and then tells him to fix it.

And that is what he signed up for. I agree that he needs a little more time, but he absolutely needs to provide some vision before this calendar year is out.

I wouldn't blame him if he was spending his time looking for a new job.

It is way too early to start hounding this man. It is just difficult for us fans to sit by and watch this program sink ever farther into the abyss. Every year for the last decade we have wondered if we have hit rock bottom. I'm starting to think there is no such thing.

This might work in Barzil

Good luck getting that by Plati :lol:

Back