What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early 2015 Season CU Buffs Football Predictions

After a brief trip to next January, I added a bit more information so everyone can call their favorite sports book.

@Hawaii L 52-47 After falling behind big CU puts on an impressive second half come back that falls just short.
UMass W 38-24 A reverse of the Hawaii game, CU jumps out early and gives up 2 fourth quarter touchdowns.
CSU W 49-17 The Buffs defense plays its first 'complete' game by only give up 280 yards rushing. CSU can't finish in the red zone.
NSU W 63-10 Buffs fall behind 10-0 in the first 5 minutes before waking up.
Oregon L 72-24 Slow starts become worrisome and this slow start never turns into something else.
@ASU L 52-35 Buffs put up a valiant effort, but just can't slow down ASU's QB (Who breaks every ASU single season record by years end).
Arizona W 31-28 After missing three field goals during the game, the Buffs make one as time expires from 32 yards out.
@OSU W 34-17 Team beats up on a bad OSU squad.
@UCLA L 56-10 UCLA was the most over rated team in college football last year. Their young guns are grown up now. UCLA dominates on the way to winning the PAC-12 South.
Stanford L 31-13 Buffs are officially streaky. Bad Buffs came to this game.
USC L 38-24 Third loss in a row has fans giving up on the season, but CU shows signs of life in second half after being down 31-0 at half time.
@Wazzu W 45-27 Really, how is it this team is so bad one week and so good the next?
@Utah W 28-24 Game receives national attention for the near white out conditions. Buffs don all white uniforms at the perfect time. After the game Utah protests the uniforms claiming they give CU an unfair advantage in snowy conditions.

7-6

Cactus Bowl
vs Oklahoma State L 38-37 Buffs just can't get a stop, but put up over 600 yards of total offense. Two more miss field goals are costly.

If Hawaii scores 52 points I'll eat my shorts. Fat chance that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Hawaii scores 52 points I'll eat my shorts. Fat chance that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat chance a lot of what I wrote happens. :nod:
Well, except for that snow storm, white uniform, Utah complaining thing.

@Hawaii W
UMass W
CSU W
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona W
@OSU L
@UCLA L
Stanford L
USC W
@Wazzu L
@Utah L

Worst case is 2-11, with wins only against UMass and NSU. I don't see that happening, but it's possible.

Best case I can see is 8-5. This would take winning four games in a row and probably having to win 3 or 4 road games, both of which we have not done in a very very long time. I highly doubt we can achieve this level this year.

So my guess is right in the middle at 5-8 with our five wins against our first four opponents and either OSU or Wazzu. I would still be disappointed in this, but at least I'd enjoy my Hawaii trip and be 3-0 on my last three road visits.

@Hawaii Win
UMass Win
CSU Win
NSU Win
Oregon Loss
@ASU Loss
Arizona Win
@OSU Win
@UCLA Loss
Stanford Win
USC Loss
@Wazzu Win
@Utah Loss

8-5 would be a really nice record and set us up to catch the eyes of recruits like Watts who is waiting for us to show something

Best Case:

Hawaii, UMass, CSU, NSU: 4-0
Oregon & ASU: Losses to fall to 4-2
Zona: Tough fought W 5-2
OSU: Road Win in Pac 12!!! 6-2
UCLA, Stanford & USC: Buffs go winless against CA schools but are competitive 6-5
Wazzou and Utah: Beat them both to go to 8-5

Worse Case:
Hawaii-L due to coming out flat & being outplayed like UMass last yr
UMass-W nice rebound
CSU-L, lil bro continues to drive CU fans batty
NSU-W
Conference-Winless
2-11 and we again have to find hope in a new staff

I have us closer to best case and see 7-6 and bowl game.

@Hawaii L
UMass W
CSU W
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona W
@OSU L
@UCLA L
Stanford L
USC L
@Wazzu L
@Utah W

No matter how tempting it is to choose 4 and 0 to start given that we should be favorites in each of those games, I find it hard to believe we will win 4 in a row, even though we should. Been a long time since we have. Despite all the hype we are giving JL, and for good reason, I suspect our D is going to take longer to get into sync and be competitive than many of us hope. You look at his prior defensive turnarounds and they were not in the first season. I hope I am wrong and we sweep the first 4 games.

If so I think we find a way to a bowl.

@Hawaii W
UMASS W
CSU L
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona L
@OSU W
@UCLA L
Stanford L
USC L
@Wazzu W
@Utah L

5-8

@ Hawaii W
UMass W
vs. csu W
Nicholls W
Oregon L
@ Arizona St. L
Arizona W
@ Oregon St. W
@ UCLA L
Stanford L
USC W
@ Washington St. W
@ Utah L

Las Vegas Bowl vs. Fresno St. W

9-5

No matter how tempting it is to choose 4 and 0 to start given that we should be favorites in each of those games, I find it hard to believe we will win 4 in a row, even though we should. Been a long time since we have. Despite all the hype we are giving JL, and for good reason, I suspect our D is going to take longer to get into sync and be competitive than many of us hope. You look at his prior defensive turnarounds and they were not in the first season. I hope I am wrong and we sweep the first 4 games.

Boyd, that's a bit of flawed logic.

1. For the 4 in a row comment, that hasn't happened because we haven't been playing 4 OOC games against non-P5 schools. We did in 2011, but that's about it. It's different in 2015 because of who we play those 4 games.

2. As for your DC comment, well that can very easily happen, but Hawaii and CSu are both going through that as well, but at a higher level with both replacing both coordinators and one replacing a head coach. Both of the above also have to replace QB's or have a new one who has yet to play a real game in the system.

Its not not going to take a big defensive effort to beat any of the first 4 teams. There's no excuse for the D to have played like they did against UMASS, but neither Hawaii or CSU lit us up on the scoreboard. The offense just needs to keep moving the ball down the field and not turn the ball over, which isn't too much to ask.

CSU and Hawaii are the two games that concern me, but there's no reason for us to not beat both in 2015, or really any year IMO.

CSU scored 31 and rushed for 260+, but somehow they did not "light up the scoreboard" enough for Tini to think they might be any sort of threat to our defense. Talk about sound logic.

CSU scored 31 and rushed for 260+, but somehow they did not "light up the scoreboard" enough for Tini to think they might be any sort of threat to our defense. Talk about sound logic.

You are right. Although one point I would make is that the CSU score was aided heavily by a mental collapse on CU's part. The D had done well early, but once CSU start throwing haymakers they couldn't respond. The CSU game last year stood out to me more than any of the others as a game that we should have won, but we mentally couldn't handle the adversity that comes up in football games. I think they definitely learned from it last year as the season progressed because they didn't just fold when adversity struck the rest of the way. The D was still a sieve, but they at least mentally never gave in.

4-0 to start
2-7 the rest of the way.

Tini keeps his bets safe by never wearing shorts.

You can always count on tini to let you know why your opinion is complete s**t (even though both of the statements he bolded are probably true). Thanks for fighting the good fight tini.

boyd, welcome to the club.

Boyd, that's a bit of flawed logic.

1. For the 4 in a row comment, that hasn't happened because we haven't been playing 4 OOC games against non-P5 schools. We did in 2011, but that's about it. It's different in 2015 because of who we play those 4 games.

2. As for your DC comment, well that can very easily happen, but Hawaii and CSu are both going through that as well, but at a higher level with both replacing both coordinators and one replacing a head coach. Both of the above also have to replace QB's or have a new one who has yet to play a real game in the system.

Its not not going to take a big defensive effort to beat any of the first 4 teams. There's no excuse for the D to have played like they did against UMASS, but neither Hawaii or CSU lit us up on the scoreboard. The offense just needs to keep moving the ball down the field and not turn the ball over, which isn't too much to ask.

CSU and Hawaii are the two games that concern me, but there's no reason for us to not beat both in 2015, or really any year IMO.

Hawaii named Wittek the #1 over a returning starter at QB and while he had pedestrian numbers last year, I'd expect big improvement in year 2. Kid is very athletic and has a good arm. The fact that they are choosing to go with Wittek over last year's starter wouldn't count against them in my book.

@Hawaii W
UMass W
CSU W
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona L
@OSU W
@UCLA L
Stanford W
USC L
@Wazzu W
@Utah L

7-6

Here's to hopin'

Wittek will be an upgrade but he is still nothing spectacular. Especially considering he is not mobile and Hawaii lost a lot of their o-line.

You can always count on tini to let you know why your opinion is complete s**t (even though both of the statements he bolded are probably true). Thanks for fighting the good fight tini.

And to think just about a year ago Tini and I were regularly put into the same category as full on sunshine pumpers. Kind of glad to be distanced from him even though i am a sucker for optimists (since I usually am one as well). Hands down he is the biggest glass half overflowing with Kool-Aid on AB. Take his opinions and Sliders and somewhere in the middle is reality :)

@Hawaii L (hope I am wrong)
UMass W
CSU W
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona W
@OSU W
@UCLA L
Stanford W (hope I am right)
USC L
@Wazzu W
@Utah W

8-5 (hope is not a strategy ;) Bowl.

I think we go 7-6. I think we will see a fired up team against Hawaii that dominates on the island. I think we also beat UMASS and Nichols. I have a feeling that our team has been looking forward to making a point against CSU. I think our team will have a big focus on that game and be ready this time. I predict we win easily.

As for conference, I think we will beat WSU. I'd love to beat oregon but don't see us there yet. We will beat Arizona at home. I think we upset USC too- something no one would predict but will happen. If we also beat Utah we will end up with 8 wins. Depends on injuries.

I like the confidence we are seeing. We hear it every year, but our new facilities are turning heads and I think even our players see the commitment CU has to be a competitor again. It's time. Bowl game in December- can't wait for the pieces to come together!

Total yardage is irrelevant, not sure why the hell you would use that as an argument.

And I can always count on you to do the same, don't pretend that you never do the same.

Hawaii named Wittek the #1 over a returning starter at QB and while he had pedestrian numbers last year, I'd expect big improvement in year 2. Kid is very athletic and has a good arm. The fact that they are choosing to go with Wittek over last year's starter wouldn't count against them in my book.
Wittek didn't play last year and Connor Wood would have been an upgrade.

And to think just about a year ago Tini and I were regularly put into the same category as full on sunshine pumpers. Kind of glad to be distanced from him even though i am a sucker for optimists (since I usually am one as well). Hands down he is the biggest glass half overflowing with Kool-Aid on AB. Take his opinions and Sliders and somewhere in the middle is reality :)

Nothing to do about sunshine pumping, just look at the overall situation. You can't claim we are going to have issues with a DC that is new but ignore the other side of the equation. New coordinators, new QB, new coaches in one instance. No problem at all, right?

Rushing yardage absolutely matters, particularly in the context of that game, considering CSU dominated the trenches. But keep being you. Please.

To the counterpoint, I think Baer was completely mailing it in, and JL has a decent offense to help him out with keeping the D off the field and being fresher when they are on it.

Buffs fans are gun shy and convinced that Hawaii is this monster on the islands. They have a lot of change this year, unlike when we heard a lot of Montez (Hawaii QB that ran like crazy?) a couple years ago over Embrees team. This is a much better CU team than Embree fielded, and I am not convinced that this is as good of a Hawaii team. Buffs should roll.

As far as CSU, we will see if Peaches can get them up for that game. It isn't the first game, and from what I have gleaned off the interwebz, Georgia fans were just about as happy for him to leave as Boise fans were for Juicebox to leave. So.....we will wait and see on that front. Personally I don't think it will be a very good year for CSU, including a loss to the Buffs.

WSU, OSU, UA, UU, are all decent chances for wins in my book, with us staying close and having a chance at an upset in several more games. I think if we go 4-0 to start and play Oregon close then the Buffs will have confidence to play to win in the rest of the games.

I can't say which 3 games we win outside of OOC for sure, but I think the Buffs go bowling this year.

@ Hawaii W
UMass W
vs. csu W
Nicholls W
Oregon L
@ Arizona St. L
Arizona L
@ Oregon St. W
@ UCLA L
Stanford L
USC L
@ Washington St. W
@ Utah W

7-6, although I really think 5-6 wins is more likely. I kind of doubt CU will win back to back roadies to close the season, but being a homer, I predict 7-6. BTW, Wittek was awful behind a USC line with USC WR's and RB's. What makes anybody think he'll be some great challenge with the crew at UH?

Wittek (USC)
2013: 36/69, 388 yds. 3TD/5INT 5.6 ypa.
2014: 14/26, 212 yds. 0TD/1 INT 8.15 ypa.

Last edited:
Rushing yardage absolutely matters, particularly in the context of that game, considering CSU dominated the trenches. But keep being you. Please.
Yardage is not relevant for the outcome of games in most cases. Things like explosive plays, yards per play, etc matter. Not total yardage.

I will ill keep being me, because I actually have **** to back my claims up, you've just got your drive by posts.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/7/30/9074771/college-football-five-factors-predictors

Last edited:
5 wins has to be the floor, 8 the ceiling. Anything less than 5 - ugh I don't want to think about it.

Back