What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early Pac-12 prediction

I was just commenting on the gentlemans argument about being able to go the ground against UTAH.. we have one of the heaviest D-lines in the entire conference and we we have a ton of depth on the line we rotate 12 very experienced players. We have a good group of experienced backers and I was just refuting his point.. no disrespect intended. sorry fellers.. i will bring some beers by. what do yall drink out there? 3.2 PBR lol
Wait a second. You can your ****ing line or whatever, but colorado beer is the best in the united states and probably the world.

I was just commenting on the gentlemans argument about being able to go the ground against UTAH.. we have one of the heaviest D-lines in the entire conference and we we have a ton of depth on the line we rotate 12 very experienced players. We have a good group of experienced backers and I was just refuting his point.. no disrespect intended. sorry fellers.. i will bring some beers by. what do yall drink out there? 3.2 PBR lol

a6cd0809-91e1-f52a.jpg

You disagree with it? MWC is such a garbage conference other than TCU and now BSU but then TCU leaves after this year so it's back to being a one horse conference until BSU gets a BCS invite.

Seriously, can we muzzle him?

Agreed.. Utah, TCU, BYU SDSU, Airforce....
Utah...gone
TCU...gone after this year
BYU...independent
SDSU...will take a step back without Hoke and aren't anything special historically
AF...they're good but wouldn't be anything special in a real conference

What about UNLV, CSU, New Mexico, Wyoming?

Wasn't it last year that you guys shut down Pitt at home and forced them to try to throw?

You guys did make a 1 dimensional team 0 dimensional that day.

How's your offense supposed to be this year? Are you relying on Wynn to take a step up?

don't worry, only 1 year and 4 months until you get an excuse to come to a town with like 8 breweries :smile2:

I love going to colorado.. it truly is one of my favorite state and I hope yall have a great season and win every game except the one on November 25th..

Utah...gone
BYU...independent
SDSU...will take a step back without Hoke and aren't anything special historically

Just because the decent teams are leaving the MWC, doesn't mean that Utah hasn't played against some other good schools the last couple of years.. it just means the MWC isn't going to be very good in the coming years

Okay but I'm talking about your comment about your D being one of the best rushing D's in the country. The MWC is barely one step above the WAC and Sun Belt for football and that ranking was heavily inflated by the number of ****tastic teams that are in the MWC. You can't come into this site and start insulting people and expect a good welcome. You have to earn the right you idot.

Utah...gone
BYU...independent

Are we talking last year or this year cause you really cant seem to make up your mind... You tried to refute my statement about Utah having one of the best run D's in the country by saying that they played in a **** conference last year and comparing it to other ****** conferences.. last years MWC reigns over the WAC and sunbelt

Are we talking last year or this year cause you really cant seem to make up your mind... You tried to refute my statement about Utah having one of the best run D's in the country by saying that they played in a **** conference last year and comparing it to other ****** conferences.. last years MWC reigns over the WAC and sunbelt

Now that you are bringing beer.... you may kick the tini.

The MWC being better than the WAC and SUn Belt isn't saying much. And I'm talking about last year. The MWC is losing 3 teams that are worth a damn and gaining one. AF is the only solid team other than BSU in the MWC after those teams leave. Utah's rush D numbers were inflated by playing in the MWC is what I'm saying.

Utah...gone
BYU...independent

And what do this have to do with you ripping on Utah for their success prior to the changes in the conference? Because this post just talks about the conference going forward, which really has nothing to do with discussing Utah. Also, while the bottom of the MWC may be bad, there is no comparison between the MWC and the Sun Belt. And you know that, or at least I would hope so.

BTW, I would take the talent on Utah's defensive line, no questions asked. They have some quality prospects.

I'm not saying Utah's D is bad, just saying that the ranking was inflated by playing in the MWC. The MWC had Wyo, CSU, UNM, and UNLV. All of these teams rushed, on avg, < 120yds/game. There wasn't a single team in the Big12 that rushed for less than 134yds/game.

if you were talking last year then why the F&(* when I posted this:
Agreed.. Utah, TCU, BYU SDSU, Airforce....

Did you respond with this???:

Utah...gone
BYU...independent

The MWC being better than the WAC and SUn Belt isn't saying much. And I'm talking about last year. The MWC is losing 3 teams that are worth a damn and gaining one. AF is the only solid team other than BSU in the MWC after those teams leave. Utah's rush D numbers were inflated by playing in the MWC is what I'm saying.

Please give it up. The other team that the MWC is lost is Utah. Yes, the 2011 MWC isn't as good as the 2010 MWC. Likely, 2012 will be worse at the top and fairly balanced with decent teams as Fresno, Nevada and Hawaii come in.

I don't know what that has to do with the quality of the front 7 Utah returns this season or how well they performed last year. If you're going to run smack, at least know what you're talking about and have some credibility.

I don't know what that has to do with the quality of the front 7 Utah returns this season or how well they performed last year. If you're going to run smack, at least know what you're talking about and have some credibility.
All I was saying is that the rush D numbers were inflated by playing in the MWC. Not sure why no one gets that when 4 teams in the MWC rushed for under 120 yards/game.

UTalkintome,

FYI - we have an ignore feature on this site. Feel free to use it with Creatini. Most of us enjoy having a few fans of other teams on here we can talk football with, get some insight into the other program from, and run a little smack with on game week.

Welcome to the board.

All I was saying is that the rush D numbers were inflated by playing in the MWC. Not sure why no one gets that when 4 teams in the MWC rushed for under 120 yards/game.

If that's all you were saying, that's all you should have said. Then, you would have made a decent point and wouldn't have come off as douche. :smile2:

Utah will come out in 2011 with a big chip on their shoulder. Coming from a non-AQ conference, they have much to prove. Can they play week in, and week out, against the Pac 12.

Thanksgiving is a long way off, and there's a whole lot of football to be played before the Utes square off against the Buffs. The Utes we see T+1 will have answered questions about their transition from the MWC to the P12.

Given their stability at HC and the ability to develop a system and plug in the players to make it work. Given the addition of Norm Chow, who knows a thing or two about the P12, I suspect the Utes will do just fine in 2011. They may even be playing for the P12 crown against Oregon.

Colorado fans will also have a lot of questions answered. Can Embree coach? Can Tyler and Rodney and the O-Line endure the wear and tear of a brutal 13-game conference? Will special teams show up? Will the defensive backfield be able to stop the pass?

Between the two new kids on the block in the P12, I don't think there are many Utah fans who would change hands with Colorado...notwithstanding the beer and isolation from BYU.

If that's all you were saying, that's all you should have said. Then, you would have made a decent point and wouldn't have come off as douche. :smile2:
I was trying to make that point but had to stall while I found the stats. And he did coming in while balls o fire flaming Leash about his predictions.

UTalkintome,

FYI - we have an ignore feature on this site. Feel free to use it with Creatini. Most of us enjoy having a few fans of other teams on here we can talk football with, get some insight into the other program from, and run a little smack with on game week.

Welcome to the board.

Thanks.. during spring ball I thought that 7-5 would be about as good as it could possibly get for the Utes this season but I am starting to feel just a bit more confident like maybe 8 or even 9 is possible.. our biggest concern by far is with our secondary we lost our star corner brandon burton (big game winning fg block aginst byu last year) to the NFL and the rest of our starters were seniors.. QB is probably the next biggest question. is J. wynn going to be able to throw like he used to after his shoulder surgery? no solid back up to speak of.. running back is another concern a couple of freshmen and juco transfers.. what are the buffs biggest issues?

Thanks.. during spring ball I thought that 7-5 would be about as good as it could possibly get for the Utes this season but I am starting to feel just a bit more confident like maybe 8 or even 9 is possible.. our biggest concern by far is with our secondary we lost our star corner brandon burton (big game winning fg block aginst byu last year) to the NFL and the rest of our starters were seniors.. QB is probably the next biggest question. is J. wynn going to be able to throw like he used to after his shoulder surgery? no solid back up to speak of.. running back is another concern a couple of freshmen and juco transfers.. what are the buffs biggest issues?

The biggest issue I see is how fast the new coaching staff can get the "Hawkisms" out of the players heads. I believe the physical ability is there to be successful but they need a serious mental reboot after the old staff.

Player wise, the big issues are replacing 2 NFL corners with almost zero game experience behind them and a major lack of depth that we know anything about (except for the DL).

But the big question mark is that we have very little idea how good the guys actually are. The Hawkins era was so bad from just about every aspect of organizing, managing and motivating a team that we're having trouble figuring out how much was coaching and how much was the talent level. Conventional wisdom is that last year's 5-7 team should have gone 7-5 purely from a talent standpoint without pulling any upsets or losing a game we shouldn't. If we still get the Georgia win in that scenario, then 8-4.

This year, we have well over 20 seniors so it's a veteran team. But we have a rookie coaching staff. Maybe it gels and we get on a run. Maybe it takes a while and we come on late. Maybe the new staff isn't as good as we think and the season's a disaster. It's really hard to know. Most fans are predicting between 5 and 7 wins this year with some outliers who are either drinking a lot of Kool-Aid or are really skeptical and beaten up after the Hawkins error.

Player wise, the big issues are replacing 2 NFL corners with almost zero game experience behind them and a major lack of depth that we know anything about (except for the DL).

But the big question mark is that we have very little idea how good the guys actually are. The Hawkins era was so bad from just about every aspect of organizing, managing and motivating a team that we're having trouble figuring out how much was coaching and how much was the talent level. Conventional wisdom is that last year's 5-7 team should have gone 7-5 purely from a talent standpoint without pulling any upsets or losing a game we shouldn't. If we still get the Georgia win in that scenario, then 8-4.

This year, we have well over 20 seniors so it's a veteran team. But we have a rookie coaching staff. Maybe it gels and we get on a run. Maybe it takes a while and we come on late. Maybe the new staff isn't as good as we think and the season's a disaster. It's really hard to know. Most fans are predicting between 5 and 7 wins this year with some outliers who are either drinking a lot of Kool-Aid or are really skeptical and beaten up after the Hawkins error.

Don't forget, that 5-7 team had 2 wins come AFTER hawk was fired. Hawk was 3-6.

Back