What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early returns on Sefo

My biggest complaint is that he seems to throw the ball too low. Most seem to be at the receivers knees. I don't know if he's worried about int's but to hit the receiver where he can maximize yards,he needs to get the ball higher. All this is said with the caveat that our oline is incredibly horrible and beyond repair. We have nobody with a mean attitude and most seem to tolerate getting beat like the proverbial red headed stepchild. God how I miss lineman like Gurode and Naeole. Is it really that hard to find mean linemen?

Not for Oregon, UCLA, Stanny, and USC...

Sefo is a true frosh behind a miserable O line but some talent at the skill positions. Give him time and he'll be fine. It'd be nice to have more of a playmaker there, but he's okay.

If we had an average PAC 12 o line, we'd be 4-3 right now IMO and a bowl game would be feasible. Why is this program cursed with ****ty o lines???
D2 started the crappy oline trend. As you know, we were once known for always having good olines. :cry:

Sefo looks good in the pocket but he has not seen a real pressure defense yet. It is really too early to tell, Charleston Southern is like playing a HS team and against Arizona his stats were not near as good.

I disagree with all the weak arm strength comments. I thought he actually had pretty good zip on the ball. The only balls that were thrown soft seemed to be thrown off the back foot, something that can definitely be addressed. Really liked his ability to stand in the pocket and make throws, though I think he stayed a little too long at times. I think there were some plays where he could have stepped up and ran for good yardage, but forced a throw instead. Agree he needs to keep on the read option if we're going to run it. Overall, I'm optimistic.

I agree with you. He could step into many throws but otherwise he has good arm strength.

Rhymes with "She-Ho Moo-Cow".

#IsItNovemberYet
I thought I heard him pronounce it in a way that rhymes with "Dead-Ho Moo-Cow", and that's the way the radio guys say it. Besides, dead hoes go better with AllBuffs.

Considering he's a true freshman and not QB'ing an otherwise decent group, he seems to be holding his own.

I thought I heard him pronounce it in a way that rhymes with "Dead-Ho Moo-Cow", and that's the way the radio guys say it. Besides, dead hoes go better with AllBuffs.

Considering he's a true freshman and not QB'ing an otherwise decent group, he seems to be holding his own.
Allegedly. I heard Craig James got a membership immediately after we signed him. Hasn't been seen since.

I thought lewfoww did some good things. Happy to have him starting and on the team. Ze sideline passes need more zip and I think he could have optioned to carry it more, but he should be a very solid qb.

Man, I remember Cody Hawkins' first year beating Oklahoma and Nebraska, going to a bowl and almost beating Alabama and thinking the next three years are gonna be sweet.

I hate freshman QBs now.

Does have an upside. Holds on to the ball to long. Has to trust the receivers and let go of the ball to a spot on the field, they have to get to the ball. Needs to keep the ball and run more frequently just to make the defense honest. There was a # of plays where the receiver was open or just about to come open, by the time he released the ball, they were covered. He does seem to make the correct read most of the time, he is a freshman.

Disappointed in how our receivers don't come back to the ball when it is in the air.

Soft "E" instead of a hard "E" with the first name?

He really needed the RS year to improve his strength. The velocity will increase with his arm strength. So far he is not losing games for us. Not winning them either. Solid start for a true freshman, but will have to wait until halfway through next year to really know what we have IMO

I guess I was led to believe he could run and was going to be a prototypical Pac-12 type of QB.....given everything I've seen, either he's not very athletic and mobile, or for some reason the coaches are holding him entirely back.

He has shown some good pocket presence and is making the right reads, just a bit too late to pull the trigger which I would expect of a freshman

Now ~4 games in:

64.9% completion (7.25 ypa), 826 yards, 4 TD's 3 INT's. 3 Sacks. 132.1 QB Rating

looking good. needs to push the ball down the field more. dink and dunk all day really hurts when we can't do **** in the red zone. but wow, he already looks competent and has improved drastically from his first two games.

Sefo is legit. He is the most important recruit we've had in years and,as far as I'm concerned, represents Embree's biggest contribution to the program. Mac needed to trust him more to pick up a few of those 3rd and shorts. Also, for those calling for him to run more - stop wishing for him to be Hundley, Mariota etc. He's not an explosive runner and that's fine, because he's going to be a damn good passer before its all said and done.

Sefo is legit. He is the most important recruit we've had in years and,as far as I'm concerned, represents Embree's biggest contribution to the program. Mac needed to trust him more to pick up a few of those 3rd and shorts. Also, for those calling for him to run more - stop wishing for him to be Hundley, Mariota etc. He's not an explosive runner and that's fine, because he's going to be a damn good passer before its all said and done.

Regarding his running, I do think that as his body matures he's going to be a very big, strong QB. I could see him being able to run more like a Roethlisberger to avoid rush, extend plays by breaking some tackles, and getting some yards with his legs now and again. But he's not Braxton Miller.

Regarding his running, I do think that as his body matures he's going to be a very big, strong QB. I could see him being able to run more like a Roethlisberger to avoid rush, extend plays by breaking some tackles, and getting some yards with his legs now and again. But he's not Braxton Miller.

Exactly. He's got an NFL skill set. Not sure Hundley's going to pan out at the next level....

He was pretty solid last night,best game he's had so far.Excited to see him grow in the program.

Sefo looks to be a good game manager. He's not going to win games with his arm strength and he stares down his receivers. He can improve the latter.

I like his poise in the pocket. The guy stands tall and steps into the pocket. He checks it down a bit too much, but he isn't throwing into triple coverage but a few times a game now.

What I do like about him more is his leadership. The guy got into a top DE's face and the OL got upset. He takes punishing hits and isn't backing down. Tough. Those intangibles are great.

If he does get beaten out in the future then I'll like the direction of the team. If he stays at QB he will have some good/great games.

Has a much quicker release and footwork than I ever imagined.
He also is a bit less athletic as a runner than I imagined.
He is accurate, poised, and plays with heart.

I think he is our QB for 4 years and we win bowl games before he is done.

Another great sign from Sefo last night:

There were consecutive plays in the 2nd half where he hit receivers on target, one where he was rolling left and the other where he was rolling right. If he can throw well on the move, that opens up the offense a lot. HCMM and Lindgren have talked a lot about what that did for SJSU with David Fales coming in and being so accurate when rolling out.

I think he is our QB for 4 years and we win bowl games before he is done.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to recruit better qbs. The risk of playing a true frosh is that it'll be difficult to get a blue chipper. Hopefully Sefo becomes our Jake Locker and allows us to get back to bowl games. Hopefully this sets up possibly getting a high 3 * QB in two years.

He isn't getting ahead of himself, this guy will get us to a bowl. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 more w's this year.

We are quick to anoint him. Cody beat OU at home remember after a we had Bjax leading the team the year prior. If he struggles next year then (backup QB if not wood) is our savior.

He has some good things working for him and some things to improve on. Let's see if this staff can develop a QB. Right now I'd say he needs to work on going through his progressions.

We are quick to anoint him. Cody beat OU at home remember after a we had Bjax leading the team the year prior. If he struggles next year then (backup QB if not wood) is our savior.

He has some good things working for him and some things to improve on. Let's see if this staff can develop a QB. Right now I'd say he needs to work on going through his progressions.

Don't think it's fair to compare him to Cody. Cody had a much better defense and special teams to help keep his games competitive that season.

Thought he looked as good as we can expect given the talent and OL he has around him. Made some really nice and accurate throws. Picked up some key 1st downs with a lot of pressure on him. Was not intimadated by ucla. Looking better each week. Remember that is what we have been asking for.

Ideally, we would have redshirted him, but Wood's poor play made that option untenable. By his junior year, Sefo will be winning a lot of games, assuming he has some reasonably decent talent around him.

Back