What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eastern Washington unveils red field

Ummm... When I clicked on the thread I was sure I was going to post something like, "Bad ass!" But I just can't. That is horrible.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if CU went to Field Turf. It's a recycled material and totally fits with the image the university likes to project.

I actually think black would be pretty badass and recruits would love it.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if CU went to Field Turf. It's a recycled material and totally fits with the image the university likes to project.

I actually think black would be pretty badass and recruits would love it.

I've heard/seen numerbs that it would save the AD a significant amount of money over 5 years,, something like $1.5 million.

Black with brown spots to imitate buffalo droppings. And blood splatter paint to represent blood splatter. And burrito stands.

thought boise was the only school allowed to have a colored field as the were grandfathered in?

Speaking of these colored (non-green) football fields, Oregon State actually painted their practice field blue to help them adjust for their game at Boise this weekend.

"It's a great opportunity for us to go to the blue turf and play a top-three team," linebacker Dwight Roberson said. "I'm ready. It's time to get ready for Boise State and see what they are about."

Staying focused on the task at hand can be difficult for visiting teams. It takes time for anyone to adjust to the look of the field.

OSU decided to paint the practice field blue Monday so the team can practice on it the next three days in hopes players will be able to get over the novelty.

An anonymous donor covered the cost of the paint. There were 70 gallons of white grass paint, 280 gallons of water-based paint and 110 gallons of blue grass paint used.
http://gazettetimes.com/sports/beavers-sports/article_468c8056-c500-11df-a2d7-001cc4c002e0.html

Last edited:
Pretty savage. Not sure if it's good savage, but savage nonetheless.

I wonder if New Mexico is going to go pinkish purple for their next home game...

Man! Don't drop a hit of acid before the game, maaan! That would be a total bummer, man. A bad trip. A VERY bad trip.

I hope we don't ever get field turf, but if we did, the black and gold field of death would be awesome. And black will not get that much hotter than dark green with black pellets everywhere.

Look, I'm as big of a Husker fan as the next guy and love red, but that is horrible. These colored fields are retarded IMO. The only colored allowed should be green and that's it.

Look, I'm as big of a Husker fan as the next guy and love red, but that is horrible. These colored fields are retarded IMO. The only colored allowed should be green and that's it.

If you guys can have 4 different shades of green on one field, i dont see a problem with other colors.

We are CU. We do not need to resort to strange colored fields for PR, a la Boise and EW. I don't care what kind of field we install, but it better be green.

I just can't imagine being a fan in the stands and watching an entire football game on red or blue turf. I'd think it would be grating.

So ripping out perfectly good grass is the green thing to do? This reminds me of people that tear down a perfectly good house so they can build a green house in the name of earth. Keep the grass.

Back