What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Elijah Thomas - Texas A&M Transfer (Clemson)

HawaiiBUFF

Club Member
Club Member
I am currently flying home to Hawaii from a quick trip to Boulder/Denver when I came across a pretty interesting article on cbssports.com (linked to article).

Elijah Thomas was a Top-50 recruit coming out of high school in Lancaster, TX. He's 6'9 Freshman that has a solid frame (240 pounds) which could provide us with much needed help down low. It looks as if the coaching staff really loved having him, but he has been plagued by injuries since arriving on campus. The oddest one is the sea urchin injury, which being from Hawaii, I am very much familiar with. The spikes of the urchin go into your skin at the point of contact and then break off. It can only be healed with time.

Tad & Co. has been successful reaching down to Texas before for recruits like Andre Roberson (San Antonio), George King (San Antonio), Transfer Kenan Guzonjic (Midland) and a transfer out of our program Dustin Thomas (Texarkana). They seem to be familiar with the territory since it isn't too far from Boulder and could potentially reach down again and pick up another gem.

I am sure that this news has blown up within all of the schools that recruited Elijah coming out of high school that lost out on him the first time. The list of schools that make up this list include UNLV, Oklahoma State and Illinois among others.

It would be nice to think that this could be a possibility for us after he sits out 2016-2017. Time will only tell.

Would be sweet but I think it's another Connor frankamp situation where he is transferring at semester and we don't have a scholarship available until the next year.

Hey would still need to sit out one complete year if he decides to transfer, pending he is awarded something different from the NCAA. I'm pretty positive we would have a scholarship available for him.

There are always a bunch of former top 50 recruits who transfer...hello Austin Grandstaff. If we're dreaming for one, I'd be hoping for Goodluck Okonoboh.

Tad has a track record for transfers now & all of them proved themselves in the college game before Tad showed interest---Carlon Brown, Josh Fortune, & even Derrick White. Tad doesn't care about your Rivals ranking if you quit at a school before finishing your frosh season.

Saw his hs team play chicago simeon on tv. Ed Morrow, 6'6" and now a freshman at neebraska, destroyed him. He had an official to illinois (9/19/14). they were sure he was coming.

Edit: Jeff Goodman of ESPN has reported that ET is down to 5 schools--Nebraska, Gonzaga, San Diego, ASU, & Clemson.

Last edited:
Back