What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Elite 11 show on ESPN U right now

IF SD has Tyler Bray's elite arm talent, I am in. Many are saying Bray could be the number one draft choice in the 2013 NFL Draft. Otherwise, I want SD and coach Blacken to develop a good relationship because we'll need him to be durable and stronger going forward. From the looks of it, we are recruiting players to run a system similar to the current GB Packers/90s Denver Broncos with some nice run-game stuff to set up deep play action. We'll need a durable, mobile QB who can make those nice throws. IMHO, Wood is the favorite to win the job with Webb and Schrock fighting for the backup job.
#1 choice? I'm sure Barkley is a consensus for the #1 spot. After that, seems like it's between Logan Thomas, Tyler Wilson, Landry Jones for that #2 QB spot. NLFdraftscout has him #2 behind Thomas for the class of '14 QBs.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=QB&draftyear=2014&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

This makes no sense to me. Giving away a 5th year, with all the experience and knowledge that comes with it, for 1-2 series per game in a Freshman season that we'll be lucky to win 6 games? What am I missing? We have Wood, Webb and Hirschman. Granted, Hirschman has been a disappointment, but we have other QB's that can play. The difference between Dillon playing this year and him not isn't even a one game swing, IMO. I'd much rather have him in 2016 than 2012.

I would much rather worry about the 2013/2014 seasons (the make or break years for Embree) than 2016.

We do have Wood, Webb, and Hirschman. None of them have ever taken a snap under center for the Buffs. So what do we really know about any of the three? Not much.

I would much rather worry about the 2013/2014 seasons (the make or break years for Embree) than 2016.

We do have Wood, Webb, and Hirschman. None of them have ever taken a snap under center for the Buffs. So what do we really know about any of the three? Not much.

I'm with Sacky on this. Don't waste a redshirt year for a few snaps here or there, especially with all the other scholarship qb's available. We saw what happened with Klatt (Barnett burned the redshirt for a few garbage plays), then with Hansen with the Hawkins idiocy. Either have him starting or playing very significant minutes, or redshirt and not pay the price down the road.

That's not true. Hirschman started one game last year and saw action in other games. Again, I don't think he's the answer, but I have really hope he's a piece of the puzzle that will allow us to redshirt Dillon. If Dillon comes in and is head and shoulders better than the other three, we have problems.

I think a good scenario is that Webb starts. At least he has started games for a FBS school. Yeah he wasnt to good but hes better ten a lot of other QB's. Hell we have better players then KU.

The Elite 11 has now turned into just another TV show, designed to get ratings. So, they'll increasingly choose QBs with lots of stars and/or those who have committed to ESPN-trough schools (Texas/Bama/USC/etc.).

I'm with Sacky on this. Don't waste a redshirt year for a few snaps here or there, especially with all the other scholarship qb's available. We saw what happened with Klatt (Barnett burned the redshirt for a few garbage plays), then with Hansen with the Hawkins idiocy. Either have him starting or playing very significant minutes, or redshirt and not pay the price down the road.

1-2 series a game adds up. I am not talking a few snaps here, more like at least 100. Missouri was able to do this quite well with Daniel when he was a true freshman.

That's not true. Hirschman started one game last year and saw action in other games. Again, I don't think he's the answer, but I have really hope he's a piece of the puzzle that will allow us to redshirt Dillon. If Dillon comes in and is head and shoulders better than the other three, we have problems.

What if he's head and shoulders better than two of the three, and reasonably close to the third. That is, what if it's pretty clear we expect Dillon to be the starter opening day 2013. What do you say if the gap between Dillon and whomever starts is rapidly closing as the year goes on? You still think it's worth it to redshirt him and let him start that first game of 2013 cold?

Chances for a quarterback controversy all season long..... 100% (unless one completely dominates)

What if he's head and shoulders better than two of the three, and reasonably close to the third. That is, what if it's pretty clear we expect Dillon to be the starter opening day 2013. What do you say if the gap between Dillon and whomever starts is rapidly closing as the year goes on? You still think it's worth it to redshirt him and let him start that first game of 2013 cold?

Yup. Keep the redshirt on. A 5th year Senior Shane Dillon is better than a true Freshan Shane Dillon. I'm not interested in trading the 5th year senior for the freshman.

Yup. Keep the redshirt on. A 5th year Senior Shane Dillon is better than a true Freshan Shane Dillon. I'm not interested in trading the 5th year senior for the freshman.

So much can happen between now and 2016. If the kid is line for the backup job and is pushing the starter, he needs to be getting the reps that fit that position on the depth chart, along with seeing game action.

Back