1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elite 11

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buff_since76, May 3, 2012.

1. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

Maybe this has been discussed before, but how the **** is Trent Dilfer the ex pro QB in chagre of evaluating HS QBs for the Elite 11 competition? Are Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien, and Stan Humphries schedules so full that they can't help in teh evaluation process?

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

You mean Trent Dilfer, the former 1st round draft pick that quarterbacked a team to a Superbowl and was winning like 75% of his games the last half of his career?

Totally qualified.

What I want to know is how the **** Dan HaLkins is involved with the Elite 11.

3. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Is that how many Oregon cheerleaders there are? That is truly an elite group.

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I like Trent Dilfer, solid QB!

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Dilfer really had no natural talent. He made up for that with his knowledge of the game and the QB position. He is the perfect QB coach.

6. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Yep, I wouldn't say Jim Harbaugh had exceptional talent either, but I doubt anyone would complain getting evaluated from him.

7. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

he threw for like 9 zillion yards against an incredibly talented CU team back in the day. he's like a more athletic version of joel klatt. dilfer was a very, very good college qb.

8. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Also, Dilfer wasn't exactly known as an athletic freak, at least not on the pro-level. That probably means he got by with a lot of hard work and knowing what the heck he was doing. The guys who make the best coaches are usually the middle tier guys rather than the superstars for whom things come naturally or instinctually. Harbaugh and Kubiak are perfect examples of the former and MJ / Isiah Thomas's middling coaching success in the NBA are an example of the latter. I'd say he's plenty qualified.

9. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Not sure about Thomas, but MJ was known was for incredible work ethic. Being a good teacher is knowing how to break something down to the smallest level possible and building on that. It's harder for people to teach what is natural to them then it is for someone to teach something they know very little about.

10. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

HaLkins must have another son playing football.

11. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

espin needed a juice box vendor. DII won the contract. Troo story, bro.