What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Elon @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

the best thing is that we've won the games while we've regressed to the mean at the free throw line. It's nice to have bad games and win.

I was thinking more about Kansas.

I figured. It's just funny that last night was our worst FT% night all season and it wasn't a big game. I think it's more of an issue of streaks. We've put together good FT% back to back earlier in the season, but also poor FT% back to back (the last two games).

Really, we're just a mediocre FT% team and our FT% hasn't been horrific - poor, but not horrific - in any game (59% season low), and not exceptionally good in any game either (82% season high).

Appreciate the info. I hope the mri is just precautionary.

With all the work we now do with Anschutz we do a lot of what could be considered extraneous testing on our athletes. Just about anyone getting injured these days is going to get an MRI/Blood work/Ultrasound - and what ever else they test for that i don't know about.

2013: 69.4%
2012: 69.2%
2011: 69.3%
2010: 68.9%

Those are the D1 averages for FT% since 2010, we are at 69.4% (which is the average in D1 as of Friday)....so where's the issue with the FT%? Just looking at the number it looks like it doesn't help or hurt us, but when you factor in how often we get to the line (#10 in D1), it helps a whole lot. Average FT shooting team but well above average team at getting to line.

The issue to me is we have two guys I trust at the line right now-Spencer and Scott. Everyone else is a crapshoot. Look at the Elon boxscore. CU missed 18 free throws and SD & JS only missed 3 of them. SD 5/6, JS 6/8, XJ-4/8, Hop 0/4, King 6/10, Thomas 5/8, Mills 1/2. No one else over 63%. The rest of the team was 50%. I love that they are getting to the line so often, but they have to shoot better as a team. The others have the capability.

FT's are very often the difference in tournament games. We need to get that worked out. I'd hate to see us lose to OSU because we couldn't hit our free throws.

Back