1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** em up **** em up

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by rynobuff, Jan 4, 2010.

1. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Just wondering if that is a CU only thing, when Rock and Roll part 2 is played or if other schools do it? And if they do, did we start it?

2. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

I'm not familiar with any other schools doing it, but there are so many out there I may never know if one adopts it. The particular cadence of "Buffaloes, Buffaloes," is conducive to starting a "**** em up" chant over it, so CU may indeed be the originator. Plenty of schools have student alterations to fight songs, but we probably were the first to take on Gary Glitter.

3. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I believe Alabama fans tweaked their version by endng the song with "we're gonna beat the hell outta you"

5. aik

You triggered a memory. Last year I was at an NCAA Regional volleyball match and UCLA's pep band did some thing, I think after playing R&R Pt. 2, mostly led by the hefty chicks on wood and brasswinds in which they said "We're better than you, and you, and you, and you" and basically pointed at the opposing players/fans. I was at the other end of the gym, but I think that's what they were doing. Weird.

6. Clean Undies

The Alabama version of the "hey" song has a link.

“Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer” is a line from a cheer, typically played when the Crimson Tide has put a game away. Specifically the “Rammer Jammer” was an old campus magazine at Alabama, and the yellowhammer is the state bird of Alabama. They are juxtaposed in the cheer primarily because they are among a very few words that rhyme (approximately) with Alabama. If Alabama has beaten, say, Texas, then the 'Bama fans will stand and sing:

Hey Longhorns
    Hey Longhorns
    We just beat the hell outta you!
    Rammer Jammer Yellowhammer
    Give 'em hell Alabama

7. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Fixed.

8. Razorbuff

Razorbuff Member

We do that at Arkansas as well.

9. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I think many of the fans just happened to be saying that (and they weren't talking about the team for which they root) at that point in the song...and all the other parts of the song too. And also other songs.

10. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Cornell does the "****'em up, ****'em up, go CU" chant as well in hockey.

11. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

**** Cornell.

12. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

I remeber hearing it at old Colorado Rockies games for a home goal or win (scarce) - and then everyone copied us.

13. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

When I was in high school we did it at Longmont High. **** em up, **** em up go LHS... clearly copied from CU, I remember when we changed principals in like 1999 she didn't like it.

14. PrairieFire

PrairieFire Member

Can't imagine a High School principal not liking a ****em up ****em up cheer. Can't come up with anything better than that? Sad to say in the least, no not the principal, the cheer.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  15. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

CSU has apparently added **** em up **** em up to their repertoire, ****ing losers.

16. Clean Undies

GAHHHHHH.

Mrs Skiddy was watching the morning local news. It was one of the DFW stations doing a piece on the Cowboys playoff run.

A Dallas fan was singing a proposed version of the Cowboy fight song on TV.

This lady blatently stole the words and notes to the CU fight song...Fight Cowboy down the field. Cowboys must win....

Per my wife's description, this rendition included everything all the way through "shoulder to shoulder we will fight, fight, fight, fight, fight"

My wife knows the fight song extra well these days because ever since GoldenBuff sent me the sheet music, I've been practicing it.

I have no idea if the lady was a treasonious CU alum, or a pathetic attention whoring thief. The best case scenario would be if she were related to Andre Gurode, but even then it still would bug me to see Jerry Jones assimilate such a proud and meaningful song for the benefit of the Dallas freaking Cowboys.

If I find a video, I'll be sure to post it. This is the first time I've ever heard of this, and hopefully the last.

17. aik

This news has managed to make me hate the Cowgirl$ even more. I am upset.

18. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

We are bonded by our upsetness.

**** the cowgirls...

19. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

dont worry guys, my boys will take out the girls this sunday and we wont have to deal with this **** anymore.