1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email letter just sent by Mike Bohn

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Dear Buffs Fans,

It is with great excitement that we announce that the University of Colorado will join the Pacific 12 Conference for competition beginning in the fall of 2011.

This is a historic move for the University of Colorado, and it would not have been possible without the enthusiastic support of President Bruce Benson, Chancellor Phil DiStefano and the Board of Regents.

Obviously, we do not take the financial considerations stemming from this decision lightly. This move will result in the Big 12 Conference withholding a total of $6.8 million dollars in conference revenue distributions from the University of Colorado this fiscal year. We will be working hard to fund this reduction in revenue, and an anticipated lower year one (2011) Pac-12 distribution, through the athletics enterprise.

As you know, ticket revenues, donations, as well as sponsorship dollars drive our enterprise. It is the financial support of our fans and donors that makes this move possible, and we will need your support as much now as ever. I urge you to continue to support the University of Colorado, and encourage you to invite your peers to join as we Build Buff Nation. You can click here to learn more about the Buff Club.

Faculty, staff, students and alumni alike will benefit from what our new conference has to offer, and we will be able to keep the momentum building with an earlier commencement date as a member of the Pac-12.

We are excited to begin competition in our new conference and welcome the high level of competition the Pac -12 will offer.

Thank you for your continued support.
    Go Buffs,

Mike Bohn

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Closure. At last. Time to put the Big XII behind us, well, almost, and look ahead. Probably the last thing to do is flush the toilet.

3. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Hopefully the donations will increase now that it's official.

4. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

Too bad he still has Dan the Man in place. If he really wanted donations he should have canned Hawkins ass along with this announcement.

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

I disagree. I think this will boost donations a pretty good amount and then whenever Hawk is fired, it will be another exciting boost in donations. Both at the same time might not bring as much out. Imo.

6. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Yeah, that's like when your birthday is on Christmas...you should get double the presents, but you don't.

7. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

$500 on the way. We may not have nike or some oil whores backing us. but we have numbers, and drop after drop we form a river of CU Pride. Go BUFFS.

8. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

I would humbly suggest that everyone who has sent Mike or Phil an email lambasting their decision to keep Hawk this year, or otherwise complaining about the state of CU Football, send them a congratulatory e-pat on the back.

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

ftfy :thumbsup:

10. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

They have done a nice job with this conference switch. I applaud them for that. However, why do we continue to have to put up with ridiculous coaching? I am pretty sure the big donors aren't sending ***t until Juicebox is canned. Get us a real coach and the support for the program will flourish.

Even the freaking Huskers recognized when they made coaching mistakes and finally found a good one. Can we please do the same?

11. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

no, no ...
    send an e-mail thanking them for the Pac 12 move but we need to continue outting the pressure on demanding a coaching change- CU ends up no having to give up nearly as much coin to the Big 12 so the funds should be in place for a change NOW-

12. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

One step at a time, this is huge news and they want to generate as much $$ as possible. When the time is right they will deal with Hawkins and see another bump in contributions.

13. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

This post is correct.

Signed, a guy whose birthday is Dec. 28.:lol:

14. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I am with you just bought tickets, but another check is on the way as well. Reward the good, complain about the bad.

15. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

renewed my basketball season tickets today, did not send in a donation but will probably do so in the next week or so.

16. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

For any of us that aren't members the Buff Club Membership starts at only $100, I'd like to humbly suggest those of us who can afford it join in support of the official news:

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=1613923