What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Email to Special Teams "Coach" Kent Riddle, with his Response

Excuse me while I have a moment of silence for the horrific challenges facing the worst special teams coach ever...

I don't give a ****. The email to him was completely classless and outside the bounds of what kind of job he's doing. It was purely personal, and makes me wish Riddle could do as he pleases with the sender.

I don't give a ****. The email to him was completely classless and outside the bounds of what kind of job he's doing. It was purely personal, and makes me wish Riddle could do as he pleases with the sender.

I agree. You maybe don't like the job someone is doing but personal attacks do not help anything.

I thought it was especially uncool where he included his name and email (presumably on the copy Coach Riddle received) on the exchange. I really prefer my personal attacks and name-calling to be accomplished anonymously, on a fan site, behind the coaches back. It's better that way.

Have to agree with this, and others calling this out for bull**** it is. Look, I want Riddle, Hawk & Co. out of here immediately, but there's no need to resort to personally attacking the man. You're certainly justified to email him your complaints, but making it personal was not necessary. It's juvenile and classless, and I'm glad he pwned you. Hope this was fake...

To me this anger should be directed at Bohn, DiStephano and Benson. They are the ones allowing this charade to continue. I don't care anymore if great things are going on behind the scenes and we have to be patient and all that BS everyone here has reported.

It is a complete joke that Talkins and his merry band of morons are allowed to continue to roam the sidelines!

Have to agree with this, and others calling this out for bull**** it is. Look, I want Riddle, Hawk & Co. out of here immediately, but there's no need to resort to personally attacking the man. You're certainly justified to email him your complaints, but making it personal was not necessary. It's juvenile and classless, and I'm glad he pwned you. Hope this was fake...

+1 My thinking is that if you write it to someone, than you should be able to say it to their face. If you're too chicken **** to do so, or if putting yourself in the situation of saying it to them makes you realize how disrespectful you are, then don't write it.

+1 My thinking is that if you write it to someone, than you should be able to say it to their face. If you're too chicken **** to do so, or if putting yourself in the situation of saying it to them makes you realize how disrespectful you are, then don't write it.

Holy hell guys, some of you need to simmer! I already told you I didn't write the email, I just thought some of you might be interested in reading it since it speaks volumes about the current state of mind of our coaching staff. I couldn't believe someone on this staff finally stuck their head out of their shell and replied, but his response was pretty intriguing. You can tell he is more than frustrated with the Hawk situation, knows it's over, and is ready to move on. As far as I know the author doesn't participate on any of the message boards so you can get off your soapbox now. If it's that important to you I can send you a private message with his email address.

Holy hell guys, some of you need to simmer! I already told you I didn't write the email, I just thought some of you might be interested in reading it since it speaks volumes about the current state of mind of our coaching staff. I couldn't believe someone on this staff finally stuck their head out of their shell and replied, but his response was pretty intriguing. You can tell he is more than frustrated with the Hawk situation, knows it's over, and is ready to move on. As far as I know the author doesn't participate on any of the message boards so you can get off your soapbox now. If it's that important to you I can send you a private message with his email address.

It was DJ, wasn't it?:smile2:

Classless thing to do...that CU fan that e-mailed Riddle should be banished to Nebraska and forced to wear Husker gear for a few years.

so I rarely post because frankly there is usually nothing of substance to add, but I couldn't help but laugh (and comment) at how bad you all got worked.

How could someone respond to a 6:18pm email at 11:13am? hmm...

so I rarely post because frankly there is usually nothing of substance to add, but I couldn't help but laugh (and comment) at how bad you all got worked.

Good thing no one has mentioned that. You're the first. Congrats.

Good thing no one has mentioned that. You're the first. Congrats.
Actually that's already been discussed multiple times. Either Riddle has the ability to bend time and space or just doesn't know how to set the clock on his computer.

yeah that isnt that tough all my posts on allbuffs occur 2 hours before the current time.

from Riddle's response...if real....the mindset that the coaches who left are doing great and the implication that the other coaches will too.....is disturbing to me. since it shows a complete denial of culpability in the losing here. that, they did everything right and are smart, effective coaches. blame is with what? CU, fans, the players? all of the above. not the coaching....

that being said, i'm not a fan of emailing Coach Riddle to run him down. like Walrus, i prefer the silent way of the internet scum warrior.

Last edited:
The format of the emails are completely different, even in the original e-mail compared to the retort. One says from, to, sent, subject...the other says from, date, subject, to.

I'm guessing this is completely fabricated.

The format of the emails are completely different, even in the original e-mail compared to the retort. One says from, to, sent, subject...the other says from, date, subject, to.

nice catch on the formatting, not sure what is more pathetic, doing this for real, or faking it.

nice catch on the formatting, not sure what is more pathetic, doing this for real, or faking it.

Faking is more pathetic. But what is most pathetic of all is thinking that this shows that you got one over on a coach when he actually made you look like a complete asshole moron.

Valid point, I was told it was real but after seeing this I am now starting to doubt the authenticity as well. I'm going to reach out to the person that sent it to me and see what he can find out. If I would have known everyone was going to get so heated about this I never would have passed it along, my bad?

I give Kent Riddle credit 19 out of 40 times.

This is one of those times.

Geez tatonka... way to disgrace a decent screen name. First like others have said. It's a disgrace that you would even speak that kind of crap, let alone fake the whole thing. Grow a pair... Buffalo Up! Act like a man.

Valid point, I was told it was real but after seeing this I am now starting to doubt the authenticity as well. I'm going to reach out to the person that sent it to me and see what he can find out. If I would have known everyone was going to get so heated about this I never would have passed it along, my bad?
Anybody know the time difference from here to Spain?
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM,
It’s real. This guy is in Barcelona Spain. I havent done the math but I am sure it is the time difference that you see in the thread.
I trust the guy that sent this to me. He's a hardcore Buff that like me thought other hardcore Buffs would be interested in what Riddle had to say. I say it is legit, and I REALLY don't care anymore.
:dead-horse-fast2:

Hopefully riddle and yourself will be able to lead happy lives after this.. I agree it was wrong but is it so much more correct to bash them here?

Barcelona is on GMT (Zulu).
+6 from Central (Sierra), +7 from Mountain (Romeo).

Geez, Tatonka - I'd expect a world traveler like you to spit that out right away. Time to banish myself form the boards fpor a while. I have an essay to write that's due tomorrow...

Back