What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree "2 guys might be on the fence"

I've been thinking about this decommitment thing and experiences in my own life. Making career decisions, you know, "should I take this job or turn that job down," is really, really difficult. Sometimes, you go through all the pros and cons and come to what you think is the best decision for you. So, you go for it. And then, at that point, when reality sets in, you either have peace about your decision or you don't.

Generally speaking, I believe that in such cases, there is no bad decision. Once you've committed, there is no looking back.

All of a sudden, writing that, I'm reminded of Tad Boyle. He chose Kansas over CU. I'm sure he would tell you it was a great experience for him. But when asked what he'd tell a Colorado kid if that kid asked him, "Coach, you left Colorado and went to Kansas. Why shouldn't I go elsewhere?" coach Boyle replied, "I'd tell him not to make the same mistake I did." I guess what I'm trying to say is that its a tough decision and I respect the choice.

It's part of Embrees job to keep them when they commit. Just another fail on his part if these verbals end up going elsewhere.

I just cleaned a couple of posts out of here - gentlemen this is the recruiting forum. Please attempt to keep it civil. It hurt to lose Mitch, now lets not behave like we belong in a Taylor Swift song.

Back