1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embree Happy with Effort?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by GoonieBuff, Oct 21, 2012.

1. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

When players call each other out (which doesn't happen when teams are playing well), how is it possible that the head coach can be happy with the effort that he sees?

This is scary, and I don't know what to make of it. Is it the opinion of a coach who has given up? When people are serious when they question whether or not high school teams could outplay the CU skill players, I expect a plan from a coach on how to improve the level of play on the field. I guess Embree is just following the lead of the CU administration regarding not having a plan when it comes to athletics.

I personally think our coaching is the main problem, but still, when coach goes from calling out the play of the athletes at the beginning of the season, to this, I wonder if he's just given up. The athletes who are getting their asses kicked can see through this, so why the charade?

"he said that while there are many issues in the program that need to be fixed or improved, he is happy with the level of effort he sees on game days."

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colle...-teammates-prepared-college-football-cu-buffs

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

What else is he going to say? We got beat in every phase of the game?

3. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

I just commented on how this seems like a different stance than what he represented after games at the beginning of the year.

He doesn't seem as frustrated anymore, which is concerning.

4. nycskibum

nycskibum Member

Easy for the players to quit on the team when they see their head coach has quit on the team

5. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

When things are going as bad as this, you can't make it worse by blasting the players in the press. You can browbeat them when they are winning, you have to find ways to build up their esteem (if that is even possible at this point) when things are this bad.

As a head coach, I would be much more concerned about the coaching at this point, but that won't happen.

6. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Read a D'Antonio quote where he was happy with the result after being beaten 12-10 by Michigan. It's a chicken-**** new world...

7. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I listened to the post game show on 850 and embree sounds like he just has no more gas in the tank. Just agreeing with it all, and effort was great. The players calling each other out now. The ones calling each other out need to stop throwing rocks from glass houses

8. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Where are you all reading about the players calling one another out?

9. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

How could he? Clearly the teaching methods of this staff are at best flawed. At some point, in his own mind, he has to think "I'm in over my head". And it's not as if he is getting any support from the Administration, other than the fact they probably won't fire him.

10. Jerome

Jerome Club Member Club Member

11. Walter White

Walter White Member

When you are confused, out of position, unprepared and totally overmatched, it appears that you're not trying when you really are, especially on defense.

12. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I remember Jeremy Bloom in the booth at halftime practically yelling at Greg Brown wondering why he is playing man with freshman corners against possibly the most dangerous qb/wr combo in college football.

13. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

it is the same as when a toddler poops on the potty the first time and the kid stands up too early and **** runs down their leg, the parents are still encouraged by the effort even thought it is just ****.